New kid

LukeS

Spray on plants every one to two weeks. Potassium bicarbonate– Similar to baking soda, this has the unique advantage of actually eliminating powdery mildew once it's there. Potassium bicarbonate is a contact fungicide which kills the powdery mildew spores quickly. In addition, it's approved for use in organic growing.

@LukeS correct, same thing, it works by raising the ph of the leaf to a point where the fungus cannot survive. but its not a good idea for flower, i've used H2O2 many times with amazing results, its good for the plants. you need to start with a 35-50% H2O2 solution & dilute it to 3%  -theres a formula for this, let me know if you want to go this route & i'll post it. just make sure you spray early morning before lights or just before they switch off

@LukeS the reason i dont like bicarb at a late flower stage is that it can get absorbed into the trichomes which will leave you with a harsh smoke & taste.

foliar spraying with lemon juice will attract WPM so its not a good idea, ideally you should be at about 6.2ph for foliar feeding.

the only real downside to H2O2 will be that you may loose some terpenes - this is debatable, but you will finish with good smokeable bud - i would still advise a bud wash after harvest. apply every 2-3 days. spray early morning before lights or just before they switch off & have a fan running. if you do this mid light cycle your plants will burn.

you can use the formula for diluting anything thats a bit tricky:

Using C1V1 = C2V2

To make a fixed amount of a dilute solution from a stock solution, you can use the formula: C1V1 = C2V2 where:

• V1 = Volume of stock solution needed to make the new solution
  • C1 = Concentration of stock solution
  • V2 = Final volume of new solution
  • C2 = Final concentration of new solution

So lets say you want 3%(C2) final concentration & 1000ml (V2)of the final solution
    You have 35% H2O2 (C1)
    So:
    35 x V1 = 3 x 1000
    35 x V1 = 3000
    V1 = 3000/35
    V1 = 85.7ml

IMPORTANT STEP:

V2-V1 = water volume
    1000 - 85.7 = 914.3ml

So to get 1L of 3% H202 solution you need to add 85.7ml of 35% H2O2 to 914.3ml water
Edited by Kgrows
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kgrows said:

@LukeS the reason i dont like bicarb at a late flower stage is that it can get absorbed into the trichomes which will leave you with a harsh smoke & taste.

foliar spraying with lemon juice will attract WPM so its not a good idea, ideally you should be at about 6.2ph for foliar feeding.

the only real downside to H2O2 will be that you may loose some terpenes - this is debatable, but you will finish with good smokeable bud - i would still advise a bud wash after harvest. apply every 2-3 days. spray early morning before lights or just before they switch off & have a fan running. if you do this mid light cycle your plants will burn.

Using C1V1 = C2V2

To make a fixed amount of a dilute solution from a stock solution, you can use the formula: C1V1 = C2V2 where:

So lets say you want 3%(C2) final concentration & 1000ml (V2)of the final solution
    You have 35% H2O2 (C1)
    So:
    35 x V1 = 3 x 1000
    35 x V1 = 3000
    V1 = 3000/35
    V1 = 85.7ml

IMPORTANT STEP:

V2-V1 = water volume
    1000 - 85.7 = 914.3ml

So to get 1L of 3% H202 solution you need to add 85.7ml of 35% H2O2 to 914.3ml water

This needs to be a sticky. This is Vital information and look you dont even need to know what V's from the C's. Thanks so much. Now I just have to make some PM happen... 

Wrong time of the year in Joies for mildew

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kgrows said:

Using C1V1 = C2V2

You have 35% H2O2 (C1)
    So:
    35 x V1 = 3 x 1000
    35 x V1 = 3000
    V1 = 3000/35
    V1 = 85.7ml

IMPORTANT STEP:

V2-V1 = water volume
    1000 - 85.7 = 914.3ml

I didn't know if I was looking at math, biology, or I'm just stoned.

• 1 month later...

@LukeS Just read the entire thread. You mentioned being a bit disappointing from your grow but from where you were to how your plant bounced back is truly remarkable so well done.

What was the actual reason for the plant not doing well once you moved it into the grow tent at the beginning?

On 7/27/2019 at 2:25 PM, KushNewbie said:

@LukeS Just read the entire thread. You mentioned being a bit disappointing from your grow but from where you were to how your plant bounced back is truly remarkable so well done.

What was the actual reason for the plant not doing well once you moved it into the grow tent at the beginning?

Thank you very much,

In the end, I harvested around 100g from the plant, smoke is unbelievably smooth and tasty, but the potency is a bit weak. Nonetheless it is a great smoke.

I think, there were multiple reasons, the main being the plant was a bit root locked, and when i put it in the tent with increased light exposure, air circulation, increased temp it experienced a growth spurt and got unhappy with the lack of space.

It was only upwards in growth and happiness after the pot transplant.

• Thanks 1