South African Rosin Presses

That helps... but what I have found is that when you press to much flower material at once it acts as a sponge and you loose.. but that is what I found... Different strokes for different folkes.. At the end it all tastes, feels and smells the same..... lekkka...😂

• Like 1

Bro... You can build this for under 3k...
I have a design I've made and I'm working on the build right now... The company that has my steel plates is on Lockdown so I have to wait.

Hydraulic presses are ridiculously overpriced.
Building your own is much more worth it. d91c740051806c98775dccd4aad553ee.jpg0816c7e62ad57dde56fe70d4bb1b1c7f.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Please let us know what you decide regarding the rosin press.

I'd love to get one, but they are a bit pricey...
I could send you a parts list bro, if you can source the parts and get someone to drill all the holes, bam, you got yourself a press at half the price.

• Like 1

First test press. Used some under mature (long story) Dutch Passion Blueberry. Was probably 3g. The resulting goo can be dabbed but for vaping you need to liquify it (awaiting).

IMG_20191118_230051.thumb.jpg.59997fdac4b1703d380f6a73353b6af0.jpg

IMG_20191118_230015.thumb.jpg.1ce7a1639fc6c3b72d8b7cc5ca605b58.jpg

IMG_20191118_230729.thumb.jpg.993e8abc14b79537aa2a2938339d1379.jpg

Looks like the temps were a bit too high there... That's some dark oil.

Have you tried pressing the bud at a lower temp, but for longer?

(@Moosed knows his stuff from what I've read)

Hi guys,

I finally got around to doing what I originally wanted to do, which is make vape oil with my rosin press. My last attempt wasn't satisfying. I changed my approach to making bubble hash first and then pressing the hash. Bonus here being you can use your trimmings and rejects. I documented it on my forum, it's a lengthy series of posts so I rather not repeat that exercise on my phone again, so have a look here, starting at this post:

https://thegrotto.co.za/forum/threads/the-cannabis-chronicles.116/post-16678

• Like 2

Anyone dealt with Rosinpress.co.za lately? I send them a message on their website days ago as I want to order a press buy they don't respond. Probably busy with all the orders.

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

I got my press from http://www.rosinpress.co.za/ last year. The guy who makes them was quite late with my order but it came eventually and works as advertised. My fav way to press with this is to squish water bubble hash at 60C through 37 micron bags - 1 minute pre press and then 2 minutes squish at about 80%-90% pressure. For the occasional flower squish I use 80C with a 160 micron bag - 1 minute pre press and then 3 minutes squish at ~95% pressure. Water hash rosin is better quality than the flower rosin but I like them both. Flower rosin pucks need to be used after to make edibles or tincture to prevent the usual high losses with pressing flower. The hash pucks don't have much left afterwards in comparison. 

46 minutes ago, blah99 said:

Anyone dealt with Rosinpress.co.za lately? I send them a message on their website days ago as I want to order a press buy they don't respond. Probably busy with all the orders.

@blah99 Hey there, Sean here. Thanks for bringing this to my attention will test and checkup on that as inbox is currently clear. Would you mind emailing me on sean@rosinpress.co.za and I will get back to you or DM me your email address🙂

• Like 2

@blah99 Hey there, Sean here. Thanks for bringing this to my attention will test and checkup on that as inbox is currently clear. Would you mind emailing me on sean@rosinpress.co.za and I will get back to you or DM me your email address
Will do that now.

6 minutes ago, oldsandals said:

Maybe Sean would like to also explain the process to make THCA by multiple squishes, I tried his tek twice and didn't get any results. 

@oldsandals Hi there, glad to hear you have been getting some good use out of your press.The process you mention was derived and mapped out for a client based on the Nugsmasher process in this video attached. I have not personally been through the entire process. Interested to hear more about your results or lack of? If anyone is interested, here is my mapped out process being referred to which is based on the attached video .

THC-A Isolate Manufacture Process.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Aha I think the starting product I tried with must have been too saucy and not "budder" enough. It was a sativa type that I attempted with, possibly need to do with more waxy indica type bud. Currently trying jar tek to make THCA crystals by raising heat in the glass over some days. I'm getting some nucleation so its beginning 🙂

• Like 2

Aha I think the starting product I tried with must have been too saucy and not "budder" enough. It was a sativa type that I attempted with, possibly need to do with more waxy indica type bud. Currently trying jar tek to make THCA crystals by raising heat in the glass over some days. I'm getting some nucleation so its beginning
Do you have a thread on that jar tek you're doing?

3 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Do you have a thread on that jar tek you're doing?

I have been lurking in the r/rosin of reddit and learnt this tek there in bits and pieces but this video I found sums it up pretty much. 

You basically want to give a heat treatment and then let it sit on a warm surface for a few days and then you should start to see crystals growing. I've seen some huge ones grown in sauce. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, Stinger96 said:

I have some question regarding Dab though. Has anybody found that dab screws up youre tollerance? After making my first batch of bubble hash I realised my tollerance shot through the roof and it annoyed me.. I had to smoke allot more to feel medicated.. I would assume that dab would be even more effective in raising one's tollerance level..?

Very good point and I’m sure your right and I’m sure that flavor and hit are something else. I’m just looking into this all now, I’ve know and heard about dabs and just recently looking into making better use with my off cuts and sifting drew my attention which brought dabs up for interest. But I guess if your growing and you can push out some honey every now and then, it’s only a treat and a reward for your amazing grow. It’s also got me thinking I’ll try and push a few different strains if I do find the cash to start this journey and get a press, but that would be cool to have like two or three different strains to dab after harvest instead of one. 

Anyway I’ll keep my eye out until the right price finds me I guess. 
🤯like how were those prices on imports, can you imagine the cost of shipping on goods with Carona. 

• Like 2

Very good point and I’m sure your right and I’m sure that flavor and hit are something else. I’m just looking into this all now, I’ve know and heard about dabs and just recently looking into making better use with my off cuts and sifting drew my attention which brought dabs up for interest. But I guess if your growing and you can push out some honey every now and then, it’s only a treat and a reward for your amazing grow. It’s also got me thinking I’ll try and push a few different strains if I do find the cash to start this journey and get a press, but that would be cool to have like two or three different strains to dab after harvest instead of one. 

Anyway I’ll keep my eye out until the right price finds me I guess. 
like how were those prices on imports, can you imagine the cost of shipping on goods with Carona. 

A press can be built for far cheaper than it can be bought if its just for personal stuff bro.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

A press can be built for far cheaper than it can be bought if its just for personal stuff bro.

Hi TUN 

yeah I can imagine with my base understanding of the build, it’s not a completed machine, in my humble opinion so putting one together I imagine would be cheaper. I saw you mentioned you have the build speaks and parts list, could I ask you to send those to me please, I’d like to start playing around with prices and suppliers. Love this part of a projects. 
thanks. 

• Like 2

Hi TUN 
yeah I can imagine with my base understanding of the build, it’s not a completed machine, in my humble opinion so putting one together I imagine would be cheaper. I saw you mentioned you have the build speaks and parts list, could I ask you to send those to me please, I’d like to start playing around with prices and suppliers. Love this part of a projects. 
thanks. 
Sure, will get them to you shortly bro.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, SeanHand said:

@Dr. Green @Prom  Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the great service, Sean!!! Press came in Friday.. looks a lot better as expected for the price.. zeroooooo complains from this side! 😁

And best.. works like a charm 👌  can recommend his product 100%

photo5807765803012043674.thumb.jpg.f995801a405be4272f9597c7fa76f8be.jpg

• Like 6

@Prom thank you very much for the great feedback, it really makes my day to hear that it is delivering results! 😀 

11 hours ago, Prom said:

Thanks for the great service, Sean!!! Press came in Friday.. looks a lot better as expected for the price.. zeroooooo complains from this side! 😁

And best.. works like a charm 👌  can recommend his product 100%

photo5807765803012043674.thumb.jpg.f995801a405be4272f9597c7fa76f8be.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Once I used bubble hash bags to make bubble hash which I in turn press to rosin, the volume and quality has increased substantially.

I wanted to get a concentrate vape pen and got the budget G Pen Nova LXE and it worked for a while but got blocked easily. I used isopropyl alcohol to clean it and it kept going for a while. Ten days ago it got so blocked that even isopropyl alcohol wouldn't clean it. I soaked it for a week and shook it several times a day to try get the alcohol in everywhere. But no luck there is a blockage below the chamber that can't be reached. It's stuffed. I won't buy it again, and won't get replacement parts (not going to throw good money after bad), I believe it's a flawed design.

Looking around today the Dr Dabber Aurora seems like a good match, but I can't seem to get stock in SA.

What vape pen for rosin would you recommend?