South African Rosin Presses

At this stage I think they go for R9500.. Its a 15 ton press so I would assume that would be enough pressure but unfortunately I do not have that detail specs on the device as yet. As soon as I do I will start a thread with photos of it in use and the end product. I'm new at the Rosin thing so this is like a first grow.. Lets see how it goes. Check out 420 extractions on instagram. Maybe you will get some info there quicker.

:-peace

Experienced extractors know that the maximum pressure necessary at the contact points is 1000 Psi Any more pressure than this will result in a forcing out of less desirable compounds such as waxes, fats, lipids and chlorophyll. Pressing a 50x100mm bag of product would equate to a surface area of 5000 mm2. To apply 1000 Psi 4 tons of pressure would be required.

https://bulldogpresses.co.za/

22 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

At this stage I think they go for R9500.. Its a 15 ton press so I would assume that would be enough pressure but unfortunately I do not have that detail specs on the device as yet. As soon as I do I will start a thread with photos of it in use and the end product. I'm new at the Rosin thing so this is like a first grow.. Lets see how it goes. Check out 420 extractions on instagram. Maybe you will get some info there quicker.

Got this so far.

15 Ton press
4 x 300 watt heaters
2 x 150mm x 125mm plate
1040 PSI pressure
PID temp controller

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I wait till I have photos. But I just had to share..Pressed some rosin today without  baggs in some baking paper... Let me tell you... I understand the craze... I'm  an old school joint guy but dabbing will most definitely find its way into my routine.. What a clear high... I must say.. Impressed.. A gram of Exodus made about 0.5-1 ml of rosin. Got 7 hits off it.. Have no idea if that is good or bad. I just know it was way more than what I expected.

I will update with some pics and details on the next run. 

I have some question regarding Dab though. Has anybody found that dab screws up youre tollerance? After making my first batch of bubble hash I realised my tollerance shot through the roof and it annoyed me.. I had to smoke allot more to feel medicated.. I would assume that dab would be even more effective in raising one's tollerance level..?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, Stinger96 said:

I have some question regarding Dab though. Has anybody found that dab screws up youre tollerance? After making my first batch of bubble hash I realised my tollerance shot through the roof and it annoyed me.. I had to smoke allot more to feel medicated.. I would assume that dab would be even more effective in raising one's tollerance level..?

You are quite correct. I have a different experience completely. You will have some contention against smoking your herb.

I suffered great lung damage and cannot smoke anymore (valueing what I have left) - so I vape my bho only. Tolerance is an issue because is so easy to ingest say 20 mg of juice. Was planning to start a thread on this to share experiences on tolerance. My experience is building still. We see the same happening due to medibles.

Personally, I think consuming canna by not burning it has large benefit in healing applications. Certainly telling in my case! I am on a mission to repair my lungs and I think it works.

Edited by 420sake
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I just ordered a 10t version 3.0 press from rosinpress.co.za 

Lead time 3-4 weeks but i got a R1000 discount due to the wait so a great deal. The owner Sean communicated swiftly and answered all my questions and also gave me some insight. 

Cant wait to press my own rosin. He will soon have his own pre presses which I'm also very interested in. 

Deal expires Sunday you can pay 50% deposit now and the rest when your press is ready just drop him a mail. 

Edited by Dr. Green
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Dr. Green said:

Lead time 3-4 weeks but i got a R1000 discount due to the wait so a great deal. The owner Sean communicated swiftly and answered all my questions and also gave me some insight. 

Cant wait to press my own rosin. He will soon have his own pre presses which I'm also very interested in. 

Deal expires Sunday you can pay 50% deposit now and the rest when your press is ready just drop him a mail. 

I wanna see some top-tier pressing my dude 😵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Green said:

Very sexy! He just got another order 😁

• Like 3

10t.. most likely.. taking it with a friend. Was looking for one and that price looks rather killer for the quality of the build. So Thanks a lot for posting!! 😀

Edited by Prom
not to waste space.. ordered the 10t
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

4 hours ago, Prom said:

10t.. most likely.. taking it with a friend. Was looking for one and that price looks rather killer for the quality of the build. So Thanks a lot for posting!! 😀

@Dr. Green @Prom  Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

He recommended the 10t as i will be pressing flower and popcorn in 20g batches. You can use the 10t to press big batches of hash too. The 20t is too much pressure for hash, kief and sift

I've done some pressing and was testing a 15t press for 420 Extractions. Do you have a photo of the press. I could at most press 3g at a time.. I can not see that you will be able to press more than 10g at a time without having the plant matter soak up most and making a mess... If you have a link to the press I would appreciate it..

https://growlightcentral.com/blogs/news/why-is-my-rosin-green-dark-sticky

He's  pressing way to long.. but I do not judge I'm  a noob and can only comment on what I have done. Make sure you research it well. Especially heat and duration of your press. I  pressed at 95-100ºC for  90-150s. Had some awesome yields and found almost dry bud frozen with very resinous characteristics yield the best. Elvis press almost into chatter... I enjoy it with my rolling tobaco smeered on the rolling paper like butter on bread or i crush the pressed plant matter into my joint or rolled siggarette. Having a dab rig or vape is cool but the whole open flame thing puts me off and I do not do the vape thing.. Old school Joint plze...

1 hour ago, Stinger96 said:

I've done some pressing and was testing a 15t press for 420 Extractions. Do you have a photo of the press. I could at most press 3g at a time.. I can not see that you will be able to press more than 10g at a time without having the plant matter soak up most and making a mess... If you have a link to the press I would appreciate it..

Also i will be getting a pre press and use rosin bags when pressing helps a lot to press bigger batches