HAVE YOUR SAY ON EHG NUTRIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Garethleauk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Gareth from hydroponic.co.za here.

I spoke to Hortishop about the concerns raised in this post and they asked me to post this:

------------

Hi, my name is Tony from Hortishop. Whilst I am all for free speech, I cannot let GarethL’s rant about Hortishop go unchallenged.

The importer of the GH range of nutrients fell foul of our Dept of Agriculture in 2013 and could no longer import that range as it was not registered with them, so we had to find an alternative. This is the EHG range (I admit that the name is a bit naughty!), which is produced by a chemical engineer in KZN and has been extensively trialled for at least two years on his own plants.

This is completely separate to our Hortimix range of powdered nutrients, which I have been using for the past thirty years with great success. It would be easy to do as GarethL suggests and add colourant and water to our powdered range and call it something else, but this would be dishonest and something that we would never ever contemplate! If growers are having problems with the EHG nutrients, wouldn’t it be better to contact us to try and come up with a solution?

I have been informed by the importer of GH products that he has completed all the registration paperwork and is awaiting a reply from the Dept of Agriculture.

---text edited--- I would welcome a call from GarethL to discuss the matter.

Agreed! If the grower should find difficulty using or a problem with a product he/she should contact the distributor to raise and discuss these concerns. Rather than a forum rant that is..  I know that most shops will go out of our way to please their customers and rectify these issues... perhaps even teach you a thing or two along the way....  :-clap

Hi,

Gareth from hydroponic.co.za here.

I spoke to Hortishop about the concerns raised in this post and they asked me to post this:

------------

Hi, my name is Tony from Hortishop. Whilst I am all for free speech, I cannot let GarethL’s rant about Hortishop go unchallenged.

The importer of the GH range of nutrients fell foul of our Dept of Agriculture in 2013 and could no longer import that range as it was not registered with them, so we had to find an alternative. This is the EHG range (I admit that the name is a bit naughty!), which is produced by a chemical engineer in KZN and has been extensively trialled for at least two years on his own plants.

This is completely separate to our Hortimix range of powdered nutrients, which I have been using for the past thirty years with great success. It would be easy to do as GarethL suggests and add colourant and water to our powdered range and call it something else, but this would be dishonest and something that we would never ever contemplate! If growers are having problems with the EHG nutrients, wouldn’t it be better to contact us to try and come up with a solution?

I have been informed by the importer of GH products that he has completed all the registration paperwork and is awaiting a reply from the Dept of Agriculture.

---text edited--- I would welcome a call from GarethL to discuss the matter.

The issue here is not about having an opinion, you are more than welcome to it.

This post however is filled with accusations based on hearsay, bordering on slander. If you are going to go that route, your facts better be straight.

I am not sure where the issue is here? One man has an opinion which he chose to share, regardless of it's substantiation.

Yeah... I don't really want to get into a discussion about semantics, just trying to make sure that both sides are represented. I re-sell (supplied by Hortishop) both EHG and the A/B nutes and won't stand idly by while false information is spread on forums likes this.

The bottom line is that there are now many places within ZA to get hydro goodies. Competition is healthy and hopefully will push prices down so that the end consumer gets a better deal. Shop around and use what you are comfortable with. Punt the stuff you like, hate on the stuff you don't, thats your choice... but back it up with a valid argument if you want to be taken seriously.

Guest Maxwell

So why not present a "valid" argument demonstrating how and why GarethL is wrong? Show the forum the "facts" about EHG as opposed to complaining?

(Gareth this is not in anyway an attack on you or your company. I have fantastic service from you and will continue to support you. I am only trying to encourage conversation)

Guest Garethleauk

Ok so let me just say that im not sucking shit out my ass here, I know what I heard from the employee at the horti shop and she told me that it was there ab mpk mixture just with colour. Im allowed to have my say on here just as much as the next person is. If I feel that I am buying a product that im not happy with im gonna have my say, if the ehg nutrients are not what I have said they are then the problem does not lie with me but rather the uneducated employees at the horti shop. And anyway if I want to say anything about anyone I will. Free country isn't it.

Peace Love and Unity ????

• 4 years later...
On 12/11/2014 at 6:27 PM, Toby said:

Thanks for the heads up GarethL. Who would you recommend as a Cape Town based hydroponic supplier?   

I would suggest to give these people n chance to try and ruffle themselves into an industry that was not so prevalent before herb came along, my experience is that 95% of horticulture or "hydro shop" shop assistants, rep's or well... most assistants don't know enough to help one, in general anyway...  and so I myself had some BAD buys's.  example:  check out hydro SA hydroponics. You order a product "brand-name" acclaimed brands, my my..... OK so they using huge gallons and then put it their own packaging. But still that's in my mind not right to take a picture of a product and sell you something  different (more or less the same product source but DEFINITIVELY not up to standard, I don't know if  they shake or even agitate the 25L or whatever they pouring it from  you don't know where it's from, whats in it, looks 50% diluted. So what process or source is it REALLY from etc etc . So a WWW shopper, like me orders on what I see and read and then I usually check reviews also before I just buy and the reviews on the product. (if I am not familiar with it how it works I obviously read and "study the product" but now if its delivered I find its not what they advertise! White bottles where delivered, different products same bottles the product was clearly not the same as the branded product they advertise, So I was in Shoprite garden section ( I mean this is shoprite , ok!)

This is products that they advertise, and I'm telling you !!!!!!  WTF,  its note even the same thing, or processed in the same way/method ...You turn to them thinking they got it but they don't they pushing numbers....   welcome to South Africa

Please understand this is NOT hate talk!!  THIS IS SOMETHING TO BE  COUSCOUS ABOUT its something that we should realize as GROWERS that are serious and/or Professional just something to look out before just buying FROM LOCAL SHOPS... I HAVE YET TO FIND A HYDRO-SHOP ANYWHERE IN SA THAT'S REALY HONEST, OR NOT WAY OVERPRICED. I GET A FEELING OF 🤔 AOOH YEA THIS IS AN AFRICAN BUSINESS  OPERATING LIKE THE REST OF THE SHITSEM...

Shalom

Edited by nachmanedes
syntex
  • Confused 2

On 12/11/2014 at 7:24 PM, Guest Garethleauk said:

Well considering hydroponics.co.za and horti are the same I would rather go through hydro herb or Grow Guru, I am perfectly fine waiting 3 to 4 working days than race off to the horti shop and spend my hard earned money with them. Nutriplex and GHE are EXCELLENT nutrients. Not a single person I know that uses nutriplex has had a single problem.

I will definitively go check their shop out, but i saw on SA hydro website they affiliates... but anyway...   I hear ya.

What the tits are you on about @nachmanedes? You realise you're thread nechro. You're replying to a 4 year old conversation. Even in E'frika some things change in that time.

If you've had a problem with a delivery from hydroponics.co.za, start up a new thread and calmly retype your issue. I assure you'll be taken more seriously and get decent answers then. Hell, maybe you're lucky and an affiliate will even answer you.

• Agree 1

• 2 years later...

Hello all... EHG really is rubbish. I am a licenced commercial grower and have tried and tested almost every 'weed' nutrient out there. And I will tell you with all honesty that the best out there and an all rounder is called Easygro...it comes in Starter,Vegetative and Fruit&Flower. It costs about R800 for a 25kg...little less for the Starter and a little more for the fruit and flower. It also comes in 1kg bags for around R60. It is far stronger in values than most other produces on the shelf and comes with a water buffer added to balance the PH. You can get it from any farmers co-op. It has no harmful heavy metals and no harsh chemicals. I know this because every harvest gets sent for full analysis. There is another product called Multifeed which is very similar but far more expensive. I hope this helps someone. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mielie said:

Hello all... EHG really is rubbish. I am a licenced commercial grower and have tried and tested almost every 'weed' nutrient out there. And I will tell you with all honesty that the best out there and an all rounder is called Easygro...it comes in Starter,Vegetative and Fruit&Flower. It costs about R800 for a 25kg...little less for the Starter and a little more for the fruit and flower. It also comes in 1kg bags for around R60. It is far stronger in values than most other produces on the shelf and comes with a water buffer added to balance the PH. You can get it from any farmers co-op. It has no harmful heavy metals and no harsh chemicals. I know this because every harvest gets sent for full analysis. There is another product called Multifeed which is very similar but far more expensive. I hope this helps someone. 

This Easygro sounds quite similar to Hortimix:

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/hortimix-nutrient-kit/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5oiMBhDtARIsAJi0qk12BBdwUjUXclxD-_YR2rb0-0gD_P7JuU9pBArA9_Pf3S1SHg9K6ukaAqKsEALw_wcB

Although lots of nutes are rather similar I guess. Very common to have a 2 or 3 part nutrient.

How quickly does the powder dissolve in the water?