HAVE YOUR SAY ON EHG NUTRIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Garethleauk

Guest Garethleauk

Me first Me first........................

OK lets get started. Why do I hate the hortishop? Because they are ripping people off left right and centre. Their EHG range of nutrients is simply their A B and MPK mixture with a little bit of colourants that they sell for a ridiculous price compared to what you can pay for it if you buy the AB MPK powder yourself.

Why stop bringing in GHE?

Because the shipping cost and import cost are a shit load and if you make your own nutrient range and just take GHE and reverse it EHG and make the chart you use to look exactly like GHE isn't that a bit strange,  It all boils down to greed. Also I feel the staff are very very uneducated when it comes to advice and they are more trying to push products you don't need onto you. I have a large circle of grower friends who vow never to buy their products from the Hortishop ever again purely because the advice they where given along with nutrients powders and amendments landed up killing their plants or badly burning them. They where all used the way they where told to use them. I have so much information about them so if anyone wants more info just pm me but hopefully for now this should be enough to put you off them. The way they do business is unethical and because they have been around longer they feel they can charge and do what they please.

Nutriplex is the shit, I have never had a problem with the EHG however its just grating me now that a lot of my friends and people on here are having problems with them so now im gonna open my mouth and just warn people stay away from EHG.

Guest grunterfish86

Thanks for this G, wish I had been told this earlier on before I parted with my hard earned cash. I called them asking advice and like you said all she wanted me to do was buy her overly priced hydro systems that her boyfriend or who ever have built. No thanks will be steering clear from now on!!!

Guest Garethleauk

I wish I posted it sooner to be honest. Im sure there will be loads more people commenting about them because I know its not just me and you TK. I mean GHE EHG really..... really?????

Guest Garethleauk

Well considering hydroponics.co.za and horti are the same I would rather go through hydro herb or Grow Guru, I am perfectly fine waiting 3 to 4 working days than race off to the horti shop and spend my hard earned money with them. Nutriplex and GHE are EXCELLENT nutrients. Not a single person I know that uses nutriplex has had a single problem.

Guest Garethleauk

Now I was told by the Horti Shop ( from the horses mouth ) that the reason they no longer bring GHE into the country is because the GOVERMENT or some board want to test the GHE range of nutrients to see what is in it so that they will be allowed to bring it into the country and it cost a lot of money to test just 1 product and the GHE range have a few so it would cost them too much money to test it. So they sourced a local manufacturer of Nutrients................ BULL SHIT. Why does Hydro Herb supply GHE nutes? Did they pay the incredibly high charges to test the product? I doubt it I just think they don't mind paying the import charges and weight charges to supply the public with high quality nutrients. Lets be honest every hydro shop sells the same shit. Tents, Fans, Lights, Ballast etc but what is the ONE thing the Horti shop had that no other hydro shop did AT THE TIME.................. A nutrient line. They have just been fucking over people for way too long now. When you purchase the A B and MPK powder feed what do they tell you to do. Mix x amount into x amount of water and then that becomes your mix. So add some red colour and some black and some green and you have a 3 part mix. Shit look at that, looks just like GHE nutes. I just really want to open peoples eyes up with this. It really has gone on way too long and it needs to stop

Guest Garethleauk

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponic/environment-controls/

Go and look at these products especially the Timer box, The digital Fan Controller and the SMS Twin Fan speed controller. I don't give a flying shit how good these are, these are meant for the American and UK market. Our plugs don't fit this. why sell us shit we have to buy then modify??????????  we have to spend all this money on a product then even more to modify it so we have to go out and buy uk or American plugs. Not for me thanks

Hi Gareth

Firstly Thanks for your support!

Your info on GHE is partially correct.-->. For the past 10years GHE was brought into our country illegally. Eventually it got stopped...

All nutrients brought into the country have to have a registration document, trials on the nutrient need to be done at the expense of the registration holder. If you see it elsewhere at this stage it must have been brought in illegally or customs have missed it coming in.

1.Crystal/powder feeds do become your feeding solution

2.GHE is in the process of getting the registration documents for Flora Series in South Africa - StandBy - Im very sure that they didnt say the "government or some board" - more likely the Department of Agriculture?

3.On Small items up to 2kg we can ship with next day delivery to your door or for collection at the nearest depot, for R72 pretty cheap ehh?

4. If you like pretty colours, then continue to use 3 part nutrients if that is easiest for you to manage :P They all boil done to the same thing A, B & C - We also sell powder/crystal nutes as our "Guru Mix" but boils down to Micro, Calcium nitrate, MKP (yes its MKP not MPK - Monopotassium phosphate) CalMag Sold too

5. When you experienced burning , were you mixing your nutrients with a EC meter?

6. If you need any guidance using 3 part or any other nutrients for that matter don't hesitate to contact us.

GG

Me first Me first........................

OK lets get started. Why do I hate the hortishop? Because they are ripping people off left right and centre. Their EHG range of nutrients is simply their A B and MPK mixture with a little bit of colourants that they sell for a ridiculous price compared to what you can pay for it if you buy the AB MPK powder yourself.

Why stop bringing in GHE?

Because the shipping cost and import cost are a shit load and if you make your own nutrient range and just take GHE and reverse it EHG and make the chart you use to look exactly like GHE isn't that a bit strange,  It all boils down to greed. Also I feel the staff are very very uneducated when it comes to advice and they are more trying to push products you don't need onto you. I have a large circle of grower friends who vow never to buy their products from the Hortishop ever again purely because the advice they where given along with nutrients powders and amendments landed up killing their plants or badly burning them. They where all used the way they where told to use them. I have so much information about them so if anyone wants more info just pm me but hopefully for now this should be enough to put you off them. The way they do business is unethical and because they have been around longer they feel they can charge and do what they please.

Nutriplex is the shit, I have never had a problem with the EHG however its just grating me now that a lot of my friends and people on here are having problems with them so now im gonna open my mouth and just warn people stay away from EHG.

Guest Garethleauk

Well Grow Guru, thank you for correcting me and also shedding some light on the matter. I am glad that I have not been that far off the truth. However bringing it back to the Horti Shop people, I hope you can all see now the utter crap they try to get away with. Hydro Herp and Gro Guru, you guys keep on doing what your doing. I highly doubt you will ever see the Horti Shop on here supporting the forum. Touch Wood.

Guest Garethleauk

HaHa yeah Grow Guru the Dep of Agriculture, I sparked up when I sent that so excuse the mistake, I become forgetful of things when one is blazed haha. Government / Some Board / Aliens / The $1 Bill all the same LOL conspiracy  :-rastapuff :-rastapuff :-rastapuff :-rastapuff :-rastapuff

We are here to serve you! - Hows a little good karma for the boys at the office? :P

Well Grow Guru, thank you for correcting me and also shedding some light on the matter. I am glad that I have not been that far off the truth. However bringing it back to the Horti Shop people, I hope you can all see now the utter crap they try to get away with. Hydro Herp and Gro Guru, you guys keep on doing what your doing. I highly doubt you will ever see the Horti Shop on here supporting the forum. Touch Wood.

Guest Garethleauk

I think it has to do with being agricultural approved. Like oversead everything is FDA approved, I think its like if you bring in a foreign item especially if its related to agriculture then they step in and give it the thumbs up. AT A COST. hope that's right ill find the info soon. Im a google ninja

Guest Garethleauk

Like remember you could get bat guano from the horti shop, and they then stopped bringing it in, because the dep of agriculture wanted to test what was all in there, and BOOM no more Bat guano

They need to be screened somewhat - To ensure that the chemicals aren't harmful to indigenous or ecological life/species - does make sense...-> for example .. it would be a danger to our country if a product that came in killed bees. We are reliant on bees and if they were to vanish we would be in quite a lot a of trouble when considering our food security - The products and contents simply need to be approved.  The COST is extremely high, and that is per product not per range as you would imagine.

Hope this helps :P

GG

Forgive my ignorance if it becomes apparent now but why would you need to conduct trials on such as well known nutrient used all over the world?

I havn't personally used the EGH range, BUT when i was using the A+B+NPK It never seemed constant..

Anyway I dont have the energy to talk kak about kak. But I will recommend Nutriplex. Since I switched to it, I've had nothing but phat bud and very healthy overall growth.

And you can play around with the ratios to perfect your needs and style.

Guest kimcarsons

Anyway I dont have the energy to talk kak about kak. But I will recommend Nutriplex, and you can play around with the ratios to perfect your needs and style.

Nail on the head...  :goodposting

Guest Garethleauk

Nutriplex it is. And its not talking about kak its making people aware of certain inferior products to not buy. but Im glad everyone who has used Nutriplex is happy and hopefully this info other growers can use