My lovely HydroHerb review

So, as some of you know last year I bought a Gavita 6/750 and a cheap tent. The plan was always to upgrade later on to the proper equipment. So after saving up for the whole year and skooting in my bonus for this year I finally had enough money to buy what I wanted.

I was delighted to see Hydroherb had all the stuff I needed, this was a Mammoth Gavita G1 specially made for the light and a Mammoth Pro120 for vegging. I also got a Humidity controller and the lovely Gavita Master Controller EL2.

I made sure they have everything in stock and was positively convinced that they do in fact have everything and the EL2 should arrive within the next day or two. This sounded great so I went ahead.

I order my stuff and on the 30th of January I get an invoice sent my way for payment to be made before the 5th of Feb.

I go out the next day and make the payment, I wait a few days and think well the money should already be in their account. I email them on the 4th of Feb to confirm this.

He emails me on the 6th of Feb saying there was a problem with the EL2 controller power cable and that it will be sent out on the 7th of Feb.

He assures me that he'll let me know as soon as it gets sent, so naturally when it got to the 11th my arse begun to stress. He emails me saying its already sent on the 12th, so since he said he'll let me know I'm gonna assume that was sent on the 12th?

A few days later and my stuff arrives, I'm stoked well beyond my ability. So I start setting it up with the tents first and get that sorted. When the time came for the EL2 controller to be connected to the 6/750 it was surprisingly fucked, because nothing happened. I panic and think I did a booboo so I contact Gavita directly in the Netherlands. We go back and forth on troubleshooting for it only to come to the conclusion that Gavita doesn't know what's wrong and they want it back in the Netherlands to look at and see what went wrong.

I email Hydroherb to say what happened and why it look so long to get back to them with the problem, this was on the 25th of March. He gets back to me on the 27th saying we can sort this out and he'll speak to his people??

I tell him on the 27th even if I need to settle the cost to courier it back so they can send a new one I'll even do that.

I give him a few days and follow up again, saying I'll take a video of showing what is wrong with the controller and that it doesn't work. Well this was apparently the last he spoke to his people because he didn't get back to me and it seems its the last he's speaking to me too.

So at the end of the day I'm sitting with a R6000 temperature controller that has fancy lights and works fokol. I threw away that money that I had to save up and work my ass off for only to get ignored and treated like a piece of shit.

I sure hope you fellas never have to deal with this bullshit because god forbid something went wrong, you can be sure you're getting screwed over.

Hydroherb, your communication sucks, your customer service sucks and you don't care for your customers. You're dragging the name of Gavita through horse shit.

Thank fuck I need to save up for the next year to buy a controller directly from Gavita in the Netherlands because fucks knows they'll help me when shit goes wrong.

NEVER AGAIN! e21a21cb9f82f776f12ef4d95e4452ee.jpg75fb52659071ecf94f024634bc8e0508.jpg6800b10d3c749eb386a20f226d4b1fe9.jpgce87608a3a02c32194c6fb3fa222b406.jpgcbea02e959b491992c61a57e61482562.jpg503b4e46b2a7ff58c414c1da0f09b76e.jpg18b4201290348f05bea6dc87a66eb17e.jpg

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Honestly it sounds like they knew there was an issue with the controller they sent you . I have received a few gavita controllers and the grow shops dont test them before they leave the shop so how would he know it had a faulty cable apparently.  It sounds like it's a broken unit that's been returned and sent to you as a new one to keep you quiet . I would be extreamly pissed off and demand my money back . Growguru in PE has stock of the controllers , gthydro may have stock again as well. This is a unit was DOA so demand your money back or a new controller . 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Honestly it sounds like they knew there was an issue with the controller they sent you . I have received a few gavita controllers and the grow shops dont test them before they leave the shop so how would he know it had a faulty cable apparently.  It sounds like it's a broken unit that's been returned and sent to you as a new one to keep you quiet . I would be extreamly pissed off and demand my money back . Growguru in PE has stock of the controllers , gthydro may have stock again as well. This is a unit was DOA so demand your money back or a new controller . 
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really disappointing. Have you tried to phone them? 
Tbh I have not. He saw the emails and knows what's wrong. I had to call him when they first shipped the stuff, but haven't since. Probably best that way, can't make threats...

This is my biggest issue with online purchases. I've bought from Hydroherb, but that's walking into their shop and getting stock immediately. Out of sight out of mind.

This is very disappointing indeed.

You have no idea brother. It set me back by another year.... On the plus the plants are looking okay atm.

Yes they do its in the South, I've dealt with Hydro herb and Zane before, he is the biggest shill out there. I avoid him like the plague.
I think it would be best to let people know to avoid him also. This means his shop too since there is a good chance you'll get done in like he's a skelm from Bellville trying to koppel

Just now, Pat999 said:

I think it would be best to let people know to avoid him also. This means his shop too since there is a good chance you'll get done in like he's a skelm from Bellville trying to koppel

Blast it on their face book profile.

• Like 1

Tbh brother I don't have the mental strength anymore to fight this cunt too. This year has been hard on me so far and this is just a further kick in my balls. I just don't want this shit to happen to anyone else

I understand that all industries have an occasional fup, but that's where after sales should kick in. It saddens me when companies we deem reputable, do things like this. Is the manufacturer not perhaps willing to swop it out? Is there proof of wear and tear, perhaps this was a demo unit, which would explain why they knew it was faulty. May even be out of warranty in that case :(

• Like 1

I understand that all industries have an occasional fup, but that's where after sales should kick in. It saddens me when companies we deem reputable, do things like this. Is the manufacturer not perhaps willing to swop it out? Is there proof of wear and tear, perhaps this was a demo unit, which would explain why they knew it was faulty. May even be out of warranty in that case :(

The unit looks really good and it displays everything fine. Even gives accurate temp readings but doesn't communicate with the light. I spoke to Gavita and they said it needs to be exchanged by hydroherb