What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?

420SA

What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?

• I think its awesome, they're brave and doing good things for the industry. Let's give them credit
    • Each to their own. Let these guys do what they wanna do
    • It's unfair to those who want to do the exact same but can't because by law it's still illegal
    • This whole thing stinks of dodgy deals
    • These guys are just being stupidly brave
    • They're jumping on the bandwagon, exploiting the plant and monopolizing

• 2 months later...

I don't understand why some people have a problem with them.

I've been to Canapax Stellenbosch and the place is awesome.

They have high quality indoor at reasonable prices, the product is better than the popular online merchant.

Also the vibe is great, I went there on a Saturday and people were braaing outside while doing business and smoking inside.

We need more places like this.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jm182 said:

I don't understand why some people have a problem with them.

I've been to Canapax Stellenbosch and the place is awesome.

They have high quality indoor at reasonable prices, the product is better than the popular online merchant.

Also the vibe is great, I went there on a Saturday and people were braaing outside while doing business and smoking inside.

We need more places like this.

The experience at the others is not the same from what I have heard, I have walked past one or two but never bothered going inside.

@Master_G got some bud from them, their indoor appears to be outdoor or greenhouse at best, unless it was grown with a CFL among lots of male plants.

Weak as fuck and heavily seeded.

The other thing is they way they are conducting their business, it makes the cannabis industry look bad as it is still not legal and they are trying to use a grey area loop hole of sorts. It has the potential to affect the future of cannabis and possibly dispensaries too.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

The experience at the others is not the same from what I have heard, I have walked past one or two but never bothered going inside.

This is true, I have been to the Strand branch and it is totally different.

First of all they ask for a "prescription" from their "healer".
Inside it is very clinical.

So I guess each branch has its own vibe.

I would 100% recommend the one in Stellenbosch though, very chill place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sorry to say most of you have got the wrong end of the joint with Cannapax.

Firstly, I have no relation to them whatsoever. Russell offered me a job to write, which I declined. 

I have followed the story very closely and mostly upset with the "cannabis community" wishing him jail time. One guy rated 20 years would be good!!! I believe he stole money from people. If that comes out in court , its wrong and he should be jailed. However, i think the "stealing" part comes from the franchise fees and not getting legal assistance.

1. R25k to buy a franchise. Cheapest deal in South Africa by about R225000.
2. R25k and you get legal assistance. You obviously never used a lawyer, some charge that for a couple hours.
3. I think the majority franchise owners thought it was a quick way to make a buck or two. A retail store selling cannabis on a high street could make that back in a day. Anyone heard of a due diligence?
4. Traditional healer license. We need guys like this cause they are pushing the boundaries.
5. Guys complaining about quality: Remember the guys on those dark streets selling you seeded chronic, northern lights and white widow. You get my point.

Most important point: Damn awesome that a guy had the balls to open up the shops, 40 or more. You can walk into a place , safe, clean and buy if you want to.

PS the traditional healers are supporting them, they were outside demonstrating for his bail. I wish traditional healers would just overgrow and start selling weed, nothing, no one could stop that.

Wrap up: Very sad to see all the slanderish childish comments posted about Russell and Cannapax mainly due to jealousy and ego. I know how he felt when I started Nguni ( main reason it was closed ) just not worth the effort. 

@CreX"Down with cannapax!! " Embarrassing man. I know where its coming from. But there are other stories.

"Once laws are passed and they fall out of the Grey area.." How long to you reckon we have to wait, wait until government fixes roads, water, SAPS, SANDF, SABC....... Love the passion and pushing of what Cannapax did. And someone, I am sure you know, ironically did almost the same thing cannapax was doing and wished them jail time. That is what is so sad about this industry. Guys ripping others down.

Franco said it best once, we all fighting for the same cause. The guy took a gap, he went for it. 2 years ago we were all illegal, growing smoking. If not for people like him and many others we would all be illegal. Push forward, open your mind.

Edited by Chris Jay

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions " I cant disagree and in hell I will be good company!

If we all waited, where would we be. Everything we are doing is technically illegal, people are being arrested for 1 gram of zol ( that happened 2 days ago ) . Admission of guilt R200. There are stores selling cannabis all over, maybe CBD, but its cannabis. Its BS.

I can tell you from what I have seen in only a few years, alot of us are doing what is wrong. Take it or leave, Cannapax had balls, it was brilliant, it is gone. We lost and I hope Russell is not this criminal he is mad out to be publically that many in the cannabis community have said. Peace, happy 2020.

I would love to get my hands on the franchise document. Check my point about legal assistance. I hear he scammed, robbed people. But how was this done?
If someone phoned me about a 1000000 dollar transaction and needed my banking details, I would seriously think twice, maybe the greed was on the other foot? He supported many shops that were raided, and they got up and running again in no time.

8 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

I would love to get my hands on the franchise document. Check my point about legal assistance. I hear he scammed, robbed people. But how was this done?
If someone phoned me about a 1000000 dollar transaction and needed my banking details, I would seriously think twice, maybe the greed was on the other foot? He supported many shops that were raided, and they got up and running again in no time.

Listen you can flagellate Russel all you want, fact is he did it, it’s done and now he’s in Jail, he thought he was above the law with that flimsy piece of traditional healers crap, which was the biggest joke there ever was. As for how it was done, you would need to go and speak to those owners, but they’re unlikely to come forward. 

• Like 1

@Chris Jay hey Chris... I agree with the having balls part... Especially when it was done in such a sloppy manner... 

It was found that he wasn't even registered with the Traditional Healers Association of SA, they have publicly stated this. On top of everything he's business was not even registered with the CIPC (where all new businesses must be registered and tax registered). 

And the part where it all makes Russell a bad person is he knew this. He knew a traditional healers license wouldn't fly... (Heck if you read the license it even stipulates cannabis does not fall under the traditional healers lisense.)... He knew what he was doing was totally illegal, and convinced eager franchisee's otherwise and took their money. 

The ONLY way to become legalised is through SAHPRA... And it's damn difficult. I know coz I'm applying to them in the coming months. Trying to make out the application form is hell on its own. You need to register the business, find a registered pharmacist to be apart of it, produce a 'Site Master File'. Make the building impenetrable from tanks, and set up the grow room to follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) guidelines, which basically means having a grow op similar to the legal Canadian grow facilities (for example) in terms of quality control including the production, packaging and transportation aspects. It's no joke but hey, where there's a will, there's a way... 

My point is through what I've read on forums of guys visiting Cannapax's Russell couldn't pass a quality control assessment even if it... 

Happy New Year all!! 

• Agree 1

Happy New Year all!! 

And to you to.

Sloppy on all parts, but still kiff stores that some seem to slander.  Sunny South Africa for shady people. Put it this way if I wanted to get involved in a franchise effort with GMP, GMO's, ANC's, agreements for a mere 25k, I would fnnn read them. If it sounds too good to be true, it usuallly............. Have a happy one.

• Like 1

Just bumped into a franchise owner of cannabisoilresearch.com ( COR ) . Had a brief discussion before they tucked into a delicious organic steak. I never realised COR was selling THC in their products. This franchisee is on holiday it was not too sure wether to bring her sample products like jello shots due to the laws etc. I think she was a little clueless as to the legalities. Now, just to debate and understand, what is the difference between COR and Cannapax? They both claim medical, one had retail shops and the other has franchisee holders who run from home. Has anyone had a jello shot of thiers? Is it lab tested, do you get a certificate.  I mean what is really interesting is that this lady was uncertain of her product, she could have made a killing in Kenton selling medical grade jello shots with THC, medicinal or recreational?

you gotta say it is ballsy, and we need people like this. They just openly doing business and advertising. Its almost identical to cannapax, which the majority of hipsters hated. Just trying to compare now that I know more and would love input. How come everyone is cool with COR, but hated the guts of Cannapax? Its facinating. Its similar to people wishing him ( Russell ) jail time. I mean I was in the firing line with alot of the hipsters and haters, some of their comments were disgusting, childish and irrelevant. And then they turned on me, not like that has not happened before. Shame there was almost a witchhunt amongst the cannabis community to get Russel to speak for himself, i dont think he was very sharp, but hats off to him and hope he is well. I am sure we will hear of him again. He was the ballsiest yet. These COR are clever and in with the right crowd it seems.

Edited by Chris Jay

1 hour ago, Chris Jay said:

Just bumped into a franchise owner of cannabisoilresearch.com ( COR ) . Had a brief discussion before they tucked into a delicious organic steak. I never realised COR was selling THC in their products. This franchisee is on holiday it was not too sure wether to bring her sample products like jello shots due to the laws etc. I think she was a little clueless as to the legalities. Now, just to debate and understand, what is the difference between COR and Cannapax? They both claim medical, one had retail shops and the other has franchisee holders who run from home. Has anyone had a jello shot of thiers? Is it lab tested, do you get a certificate.  I mean what is really interesting is that this lady was uncertain of her product, she could have made a killing in Kenton selling medical grade jello shots with THC, medicinal or recreational?

Seen this company before... They have agents, and sub-agents working for them... To start off as an agent your initial cost is R150k and for a sub-agent it's R30k. And then you go for training, get set up and start selling their cannabis products for which you get a percentage commission in return. 

Don't know if they're registered through SAHPRA, but I doubt it.

And its not like people love COR, I just don't think it's as well known as Canapax and therefore there's not as much hate towards it. 

• Like 1