What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?

420SA

What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What's your views on the Cannapax dispensary boom?

• I think its awesome, they're brave and doing good things for the industry. Let's give them credit
    • Each to their own. Let these guys do what they wanna do
    • It's unfair to those who want to do the exact same but can't because by law it's still illegal
    • This whole thing stinks of dodgy deals
    • These guys are just being stupidly brave
    • They're jumping on the bandwagon, exploiting the plant and monopolizing

To those who are not aware. The name Cannapax has been popping up a lot lately. They're essentially a cannabis dispensary that is now franchising nationwide... they haven't been around for long at all and many are wondering how exactly these guys are actually doing what they're doing...

Cast your vote in the poll

Not available on Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Honestly, the Cannapax in East London is giving dispensaries a bad name. They have no percentages on their products and do not know nearly enough info on the strains they sell, which by the way are pretty average and comparable to street weed anyway (not cut and cured to its best, contains seeds and their "indoor" is NOT indoor. 

• Like 1

I have been to 2 of them. Brits and Hennopspark. They both had very poorly cured buds lacking in flavor and quality. The one had the names of strain written of on a chalk board...

I wish they would have than a more professional approach  

64841B07-F154-448C-88DB-E49493981B80.jpeg

• Like 2

This has been mentioned ad nauseam , what they're doing is not legal.
Ahh ok. Boggles my mind that they're allowing it though, multiple locations.

Why have law enforcement not gotten involved. Perhaps they're getting a cut?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I have now been to 3 of the branches myself and I must say the quantity was not great. The Terps are faint and the buds where all compressed. 

The one branch had the stock in a Plastic Big Jim container...not even glass.

Without a body regulating this market - you will get sub standard product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been to two of the cannapax shops, one on witkoppen and another in northcliff. 

The service and product at witkoppen was very decent,

The other was not up to the same standard, weed was not great. 

Overall, I don't agree with the business because it does seem dodgy and they seem to be pushing their luck, which might cause new firmer laws in regard to marijuana use, distribution etc.  

Capitalism trying to get their hands on the weed community. 

Also found they weren't very knowledgeable as far as even a rough estimation on thc content and cbd, which seems important for a dispensary especially if it is being used to help for pain and other medical ailments. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, PsyCLown said:

Ahh ok. Boggles my mind that they're allowing it though, multiple locations.

Why have law enforcement not gotten involved. Perhaps they're getting a cut?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Exactly what I want to know! It should be impossible to do what they are doing from a legal stand point! How are these guys not shut down yet???

That's wack. Should be a TH license per store, with a registered healer on site when cannabis is sold. There should be some kind of consultation process instead of just taking the piss, lie about your "chronic back ache" and purchase sub-medicinal cannabis. It not only disrespects cannabis, but also the genuine work some traditional healers put into helping people. 

• Like 1

I see the Fourways branch is open again after they closed their doors for a few weeks waiting for "legal documents" from head office. According to their Instagram they have NOT been raided and are back in business. Good luck to them sitting right across the Douglasdale police station.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blah99 said:

I see the Fourways branch is open again after they closed their doors for a few weeks waiting for "legal documents" from head office. According to their Instagram they have NOT been raided and are back in business. Good luck to them sitting right across the Douglasdale police station.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well played I suppose. If anything, they are resilient...or persistent? I can't tell anymore. 

That's wack. Should be a TH license per store, with a registered healer on site when cannabis is sold. There should be some kind of consultation process instead of just taking the piss, lie about your "chronic back ache" and purchase sub-medicinal cannabis. It not only disrespects cannabis, but also the genuine work some traditional healers put into helping people. 
Give it time, I'm sure it's coming, unless of course, they are paying the right bribes to the right individuals... Speaking of which, anyone know if Haze (ex-420 Cafe) is still operating? If they are, I'm sure their prices must've been adjusted by now.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1