Cannapax

trichomechaser

Not sure if this is the best place for this discussion, but considering it's been a hot topic in the local community news over the past few weeks... 

I've personally had no real issues with the Cannapax thing, I can see why others may but I hadn't seen anything too worrying until today. I had seen it as a nice way for growers to have a new way to unload their stock, however there were some pretty concerning photos shared on social media over the past two days by Cannapax Vanderbijlpark. They have been showing the stock they currently have, and boy oh boy, it is not fit to be called medicine. It looks like some Swazi grown bud that has gone through some quick dry methods. To make matters worse, they're advertising it as "High THC" just because the claimed strains tested high in lab tests by American dispensaries.

These buds are certainly nowhere near the THC percentages that they have written down when marketing it. In fact, the bloody "White Rhino" is pollinated even.

I feel sorry for the other Cannapax franchise owners who now have their brand also suffering because one franchise owner is doing this. I know that at least one of the franchise owners who is opening up a store soon, is investing a lot of money with good intentions to stock quality bud, but how do you crawl your way back when the other franchise owners are putting out this kind of stuff?!

drama2.jpg

drama.jpg

I am all for the fact that growers can off load their stock. Even if it is just to cover grow costs for personal use. And also agree that that quality does not look very good. Hopefully they can give some guarantees that growers will not be prosecuted.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

A load of bull if you ask me. They lost me on the african haze page referring to rooibaard which I have had the pleasure of consuming some 25 years ago. This is an original swazi, but the story they spilling on the site is so NOT. Rooibaard is nowhere near a haze. 🙈

I have always been a supporter of decriminalisation. Everyone has the right to grow their own. The industry will do well considering that seeds are what is needed. The Cannabis genome needs the space to expand. Its needs to continue the momentum it has built over the last 30 years and continue to evolve.

Having a market place for growers to sell is great. Bullshitting the masses into settling for all the terribly grown landraces at worse than street prices, and then go riding on strain names......Meh. 

The way forward for growers will not be canapax. It will be even smaller craft style co-ops. 

Like many here, I have been around decades in defiance of these laws, smoked all the originals....DP, Gold, and Rooibaard. None of these strains are around anymore. NONE OF THEM. If you go to Swaziland you will see almost only badly grown dutch hybrids these days.

• Like 3

Ah who am I kidding. Of course I'm picking a fight. :-hilarious

Perhaps I should clean up my approach then so that we can keep it in everyones interest and constructive, albeit super critical.

You see, I'm a nobody in the cannabis industry. I also have no aspirations to rise to anywhere. 

I am however an activist, determined to see the plant being freed for everyone. It has been criminal to incarcerate people for the possession of the plant. The court has given us the leave and partially decriminalised cannabis, which is a massive leap toward freeing the plant. Monetizing the plant is not freeing the plant, but rather transferring its captivity. 

All I see when I look at a co-op setup like Canapax, is an obscure attempt to recapture the plant by capitalising on it, capsulating it along traditional medicine lines, needing to be prescribed by such a healer? To what end? Making money?  It is at best a poor coverup at an attempt to adopt the current black market trade and call it legitimate because of...?... titles, disribution points? Being the main oke? The first co-op? All I see is organised crime happening under the guise of "contracts", "permits", "licenses"... 

Where is this paperwork? Who vetted it? Approved it? How is it in line with current legislation?

How are Canapax franchises already marketing cannabis?

Exactly?

I have asked Mr de Beer these questions and a few others this morning. I have hundreds more, but the devils advocate in me can wait patiently.

Mr de Beer has a history with suspect permits/licenses in the past. Went to court and faced dismissals. The dismissals are now claimed as a victory although clearly weren't when reading through the judgements.

It does seem very reasonable then to ask questions. Not as opposition, but for clarities sake.

Instead of getting a single answer to very simple questions, mnr de beer decided he would rather posture that he thrives on opposition. Well, such arrogance and posturing means it hurts where I poked, doesn't it?

Yes, in this situation specifically it seems that canapax is adopting some of what was driven by the late Dr Ambrossini whose input and work was phenomonal, and while the ConCourts ruling has not necessarily invalidated the legal loopholes that are being exploited here, It does certainly supercede these loopholes in its efficacy in actually freeing the plant. It does feel the late Drs work is being perverted for personal gain, while the decriminalisation has negated the need for this structure. It seems a blatant abuse of the Section 22 permit law.

Cannabis heals on its own without needing diagnosis from a sangoma, or someone with a medical PhD. 

The only way the plant will ever be truly free, is when it costs nobody a cent, and nobody makes any money out of it. This is an unfortunate paradox I realize.

The industry will become what it will become. I know I have absolutely no control over that. I am but one voice.

I will remain vocal and present in my activism until the plant has been entirely freed for everyone. 

You see Russel. What would do everyone good is transparency with intention. I smell a rat. So prove me wrong. Sell me your idea. I would really like to know who benefits. The people, or white label organised crime?

Its no secret who I am, and my story has never changed. Im here for the plant, not the money.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 11

It's like if Mr John Sinclaire has actually wrote that... I second.. If you wanne get rich off this gift from mother  nature to humans... you have some serious deamons coming for your ass...😱 :-2cents

It's a huge market... we al need to do what we want as long as we do no human anny harm an we can smile on judgement day... We all have our own unique experience framework... respect all and judge none.. for judgement boomerang..:-hilarious:-peace:yipeeee

I did. Thats why I have more questions than anything. At the same time this is happening and Brigadiers and Prosecutors start making decisions saying this is OK for some, while others are being arrested daily. What is stopping everyone from rebelling now against the leave the ConCourt has given us. 

Dont get me wrong. The Canapax idea is a great idea minus the whole traditional healer part. Its entirely premature and individuals are making decisions contrary to the ConCourts ruling. How will it all really stand up in court if the Hawks or the courts themselves take notice. What empowered those individuals to override the ConCourt? We have no clue what parliament will eventually conclude. This interim period is a make or break period for us that may very well influence the final law amendments.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2

That Russel guy is shady as fuck, he also runs BMCC, hes basically got people signing up to him giving their personal information to him and what he grows and claims that his co-op will protect growers selling. He has mushigoat seeds in on it as well. Dodgy as fuck.

Their claims

The BMCC possesses a section 22 Traditional Healer permit which allows them cultivate, be in possession of and dispense cannabis
* The activities of the BMCC do not exploit the "Grey areas" within the legislation but instead they are in compliance with the legislation! 
* The BMCC may legally contract people to supply cannabis for the co-op and it's members.
* The BMCC will remunerate you based on your costs and quality of the product
* The BMCC is currently selling cannabis over the counter to it's members in Brits and Oudtshoorn! Not one problem has been encountered from the SAPS as of yet! We will take our fight to the courts if there is any problems!

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 1

Agree 100%... 

Not trying to bash these guys by any means but if they can do it so should everyone else, if everyone can't do it then these guys should not be allowed to as well. Plain and simple. It's against the law. If a select few are privileged enough to somehow evade that law then things are just gonna get dirtier. There's nothing grey here, selling cannabis is illegal

Here's those hotbox episodes. 

• Like 3

The whole situation is very 'interesting'. Because these franchise owners are getting the businesses signed off on by the cops and in some cases the state prosecutors as well. So it's not like they're just opening and hoping for the best, they do have legal paperwork relating to the business. But the fact remains that even the permission they are getting, isn't technically legal. I think it will protect them from local law enforcement for the most part, but I think once the Hawks get a taste of what's going on, shit is going to turn bad very quickly... Both for the businesses and police/prosecutors giving the franchises the go-ahead.

I am just not a fan of the way the franchising works... For instance, the Helderberg branch is being opened by two guys who know their shit (Angelos from Mushigoat and Ben from Biltong and Budz), and they have also worked through the police in this.

But the difference between a franchise opened by respected guys in the industry and someone with R25k and a dream of getting rich, is going to result in so much different quality between branches. Maybe I'm a bit bias, having chatted with the Helderberg guys, and being so close to it... I'm a bit torn though, because I like the idea of normalizing the concept of cannabis sales, while not really liking the exclusivity in this venture, a bit of a monopoly type vibe. But I can understand why people are wanting to get involved.

• Like 7

This is a bit long... TL,DR

I skimmed the first couple of posts, and just feel so irked... this is exactly why dagga needs to be not just decriminalized, but actually legalized and regulated.

We as the consumer need to have some kind of recourse and these types of bozos needs to be brought to book.

I also got sick after smoking some very mouldy weed, kept me in a sickingly bad high for a week.

But that's it hey, we need to educate and we need to conduct business in an ethical and sustainable manner, this types of stuff just drives people away from dagga.

Hopefully one day we can see a legal industry take shape, but for now, that's what you get for going onto the black market, because there is no legal market for bud yet peeps, remember that hey

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, 420SA said:

Agree 100%... 

Not trying to bash these guys by any means but if they can do it so should everyone else, if everyone can't do it then these guys should not be allowed to as well. Plain and simple. It's against the law. If a select few are privileged enough to somehow evade that law then things are just gonna get dirtier. There's nothing grey here, selling cannabis is illegal

Here's those hotbox episodes. 

Holy Fuck, This was one of the dodgiest interviews ever. These guys never said anything substantial in that entire interview, Niks, VOKKOL!!
That guy should not have been the face of what they are going for, he looked like he was Jonzin when they got halfway through

Dodgy as Fhuuuck!

Edited by Reaper
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

First one has been raided and shut down by the police , Mr Russel did nothing to help the people that got raided apparently.  He has there money and they are fucked 

Dodgy as fuck character.

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

First one has been raided and shut down by the police , Mr Russel did nothing to help the people that got raided apparently.  He has there money and they are fucked 

I coulda told you that would happen without having to consult the bones or ancestors. Russel scammed them. I can't say i feel sorry for them, coz it's obvious it was going to be a fuck up.

• Like 1