Has the Dagga Party been able to get the funds needed to be on the ballot for the 2019 elections?

RuanStix

Hey all,

I saw Jeremy Acton post on the 420SA Forum group on Facebook about registering this past weekend to vote in the national elections. I've been voting since my 18th and this year I'm actually super disgruntled about the options we have. THe put it bluntly, they all suck. From the ANC to the DA and the EFF to FF+, they are all really kak choices. That's why I was hoping I could throw my vote towards the Dagga Party this year.

Does anyone know if the Dagga Party has been able to get themselves on the ballot this year? Have they been able to pay the R100 000 needed to get onto the ballot? I asked Jeremy Acton when he posted on the Facebook group but he hasn't replied.

If anyone has any info, would you be so kind as to share?

Stay lifted.

• Like 2

Is it not R200 000 to get on the ballot? I think they may still have some time to raise the funds and get on that ballot.

I unfortunately missed my chance to register this weekend so won't be able to vote in the elections but I'm right there with you. There are no parties worth voting for... those that are worth voting for are small parties and obviously won't contest at all. So the next best thing, as a cannabis user, would be to vote for the Dagga party. Some laugh at that suggestion but I don't think many know that if the Dagga party gets a seat in parliament they can lobby for the right cannabis laws to be put in place. If they aren't in parliament then its totally up to the other idiots to argue, decide and let agendas run amok.

They're gonna need around 40 000 to 50 000 votes to get into parliament, which is a HUGE ask. If you want the laws on cannabis to be just in the country vote Dagga party!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Is it not R200 000 to get on the ballot? I think they may still have some time to raise the funds and get on that ballot.

I unfortunately missed my chance to register this weekend so won't be able to vote in the elections but I'm right there with you. There are no parties worth voting for... those that are worth voting for are small parties and obviously won't contest at all. So the next best thing, as a cannabis user, would be to vote for the Dagga party. Some laugh at that suggestion but I don't think many know that if the Dagga party gets a seat in parliament they can lobby for the right cannabis laws to be put in place. If they aren't in parliament then its totally up to the other idiots to argue, decide and let agendas run amok.

They're gonna need around 40 000 to 50 000 votes to get into parliament, which is a HUGE ask. If you want the laws on cannabis to be just in the country vote Dagga party!

With voter apathy being so high here you total needed is much lower. 2 parties got seats in parliament with 27 000 and 33 000 votes in the last elections.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, LukeS said:

Just before the elections now,

But Dagga Party joined with ADC - African Democratic Change, whom are the only party who outright support cannabis laws.

No the Dagga Party has not joined the ADC. The ADC is just the only local political party that has clearly set out policies on cannabis in SA, while all other parties have the "drugs are bad, mmmkay" policy. It's a relief to find a party like them, because The Dagga Party clearly s not going to be a real political force to deal with. They can't even get themselves onto the ballot.

• Agree 1