Plant Of The Month - Survey

420SA

Plant Of The Month Competition Survey  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should the tangible tag system be scrapped

• Yes. It takes too much effort
    • Yes. It deters people from entering
    • Yes. People should not have to enter their plant from the month of the competition
    • All of the above
    • No. Keep it to ensure authenticity
  2. 2. If the competitions was running month to month consistently. Would you be inclined to enter when you feel your plant is worthy?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you have concerns about safety and privacy and therefore don't enter?

• Yes
    • No

Howzit guys

It's been quite an issue for a while with the POTM's we've been running on the forum. Been getting some awesome prizes sponsored but very few have entered their plants.

I've set up a poll to get some feedback about the way the competition is run. If you guys think there can be improvement please give your feedback. Always appreciated

:-peace

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

im sure this will pick up speed as more growers join, i'm a bit torn on the topic though.. considering not having too many plants on prem, you might not have anything to enter at a specific time, depends on how you stagger your grows, if you doing autos vs photo, seeds or clones etc. maybe there should be 2 different POTM categories or something..

Edited by killerx
  • Thanks 1

same as many others, I dont have anything I feel worthy. But after every comp Im like "Shit I wish I entered".
My other reason is Im paranoid from smoking so much that I dont post my grows here, and If I dont have grows going here I dont feel like Im 'allowed' to partake.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 420SA unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Warning! Long post!

I think participation can be increased by splitting it into multiple categories, for example; veg, early flower and late flower/harvest. Points should be awarded for meeting certain criteria set by the judges. I'm not saying the judges control how we grow, rather grow diaries become more important. The judges should be able to see the goal, implementation of steps, development and outcome for that month of the plant(s) in your grow. A winner in each category is chosen by the judges and then those 3 go to the polls for an overall plant of the month. 

I understand there is currently low participation and dividing it into 3 categories as well as requiring more effort from participants seems counter intuitive but let me explain. The winner of each category will receive a smaller prize, as well as being entered into a year end event/competition, where they will compete against other months for various prizes and awards. The winner of the overall plant for each month wins that month's large prize and is entered into the Plant Of The Year competition.

The year end event/competition should be held end of Jan or beginning of Feb, that way we start the year off with some outdoor flowers. I'm not sure of the Indoor VS outdoor numbers but I feel there are quite a few more outdoor grows going on. As people don't want to post until they have something worth posting(flowers) starting the competition at the beginning of outdoor flowering season there should be an increase in number of posts in the beginning, this will hopefully encourage a few indoor grows to post some flowers in the summer months, while those trees develop. By dividing the competition into 3 sections you also encourage all growers to post all year round. 

By requiring better grow diaries from participants, the judges as well as fellow members are able to follow and understand your grow. This should allow for more accurate judging as well as a way for the different categories to be compared. Let's be honest with ourselves not many a vegging bush can compare with a mature lady in full flower. Another bonus is that other users can now learn more from your grows, I mean other than the cool prizes and dank photos, why are we all here?😉

To get interest going in the beginning, state certain prizes or the total value of the prizes up for grabs in the year end competition; like "prizes valued at X amount by companies Y and Z". 

I see there used to be annual awards but I'm not sure of what happened?

On a side note I feel as if something like this is used in the future, sponsors should tailer the prizes to each category. For example, a jewellers loupe for early flowering plants or a bloom booster for the plants in veg, something they can theoretical use in the next stage. Obviously other may feel differently and in the end it's up to the sponsors as to what they choose to donate, it's just a suggestion. 

Edited by CougheeCultivator
typo