Smelly Joe's Organic Attempt

Hey all. 

I have blessed, again, with some sweet genetics but I'm not gonna use all but only 2. Budget is tight so it leaves me with the following 2 choices. 

#1 Go the cheaper route and get coir blocks and some Bio bizz veg & flower. Coir I get from supplier in Northern Suburbs and biobizz I can get from head office when travelling for work but getting it is based on break downs in that area. 

#2 Go to the hydro store and get some soil mix and Biobizz nutes. I am planning on getting 50L of Organic Promix  and Veg & Flower nutes. I will also be making some teas as I go along. 

Freedom Farm or Promix :classic_blink:

But until then here are the list of candidates :

Mendisino Skunk 

Laughing Buddha 

Red Cherry Berry 

Shiska Berry 

I am waiting on the following:

Blue Gelato 

Chemdawg x Candyland 

IMG_20181207_204318.jpg

IMG_20181207_204331.jpg

IMG_20181207_204341.jpg

IMG_20181207_204351.jpg

• Like 1

It seems as if the Red Cherry Berry is not gonna make it. But its OK  I guess. 

Attached is a pic of my Outdoor attempt with Coir. This is a Chemdawg x Candyland and she was repotted from a 7L to a 25L. For the time being she will stay above the soil line but once she starts stretching then I will sink the pot into the ground to make space for the branches. I was thinking of moving the Laughing Buddha inside seeing that is a 10 - 12 week flowering strain. The Mendicino Skunks will stay outdoors and will be repotted once they are bigger. 

Sunlight hours directly on the plant is from 07:00 until 15:30 and she is being fed using Nitrosol and Seagro. I am busy making some Lactobacillus Serum and will be using that alongside the feeds. I did some LST work on her and wanted to put a screen over her but decided against that. I also started trimming out the growth that is hidden away that is  just wasting energy. 

Pests wise, I have some issues in the garden in terms of :

Red Spidermite

Whitefly

Wooly Aphids

I will be getting me some stuff from the hydro store next week but until then I'm just spraying homemade stuff to keep all under control. 

That's it for now. Have a blessed evening 

Smelly

IMG_20181211_063639.jpg

• Like 1

So the C x C is growing quite fast and I decided to get her height under control. 

Chose a good sunny spot and dug a hole, dropped a 25L in there to check depth and then placed the lady in her new deeper spot. This makes tying her down a lot better for me. Next up is the hole for the other pot but I just need to get more soil first. 

IMG_20181217_193912.jpg

IMG_20181217_193858.jpg

IMG_20181217_195232.jpg

And here is my attempt at making some Lactobacillus Serum. I am only making a small amount to see if it works. If this is a success then I will make it in bigger batches and use it on my small garden to get it thriving. 

The instructions calls for using a one way valve but I've see people using milk jugs with loosened lids and they pull it off successfully.  So I'm using a 1L glass jar with a lid that I use for growing those yummy mushrooms. It should work well. The hole is covered with micropore tape and the other is covered with silicone for the self healing injection port ( mushroom purpose) If all is good then by next week Sunday it should be ready.... 

IMG_20181217_203435.jpg

IMG_20181217_203439.jpg

• Like 1

Just a quick note on the Lactobacillus Serum. This morning the milk is thick and I can see spots where the milk is getting all ready for the next process. It smells like whey in the start process and not a sour smell as much. 

So I'm pretty sure I can get my stuff ready for a big batch. :classic_biggrin:

Have an awesome Tuesday 

IMG_20181218_055434.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Guys

A few topics today

1. LACTOBACILLUS SERUM 

As I said previously I will be making a bigger batch. I made another batch of rice water, 1L this time and within a week I will be checking in again to show you what's up 

The small tester batch is starting to form some mold so I'm thinking that I could/should harvest the LS now and store it. Unfortunately my tester plant for this operation was killed by my new and unforgiving puppy. 

2.PLANTS/ REPOT

I went to the hydro store today completely unplanned but hey a trip to the hydro store is always fun. I picked up some Freedom Farm soil and repotted the 2 Mendicino Skunks. I watered them and they will stand by the Outdoor lady. I am impressed with the look and feel of the FF soil and I hope that all goes well from here. For veg nutes I will be using the old trusty Seagro and my homemade LS and AACT

3. AACT

So I've been doing some reading again I decided to just go back to basics and keep it simple. I got myself a few black 10L buckets a started up the air pump. I will be starting with water bubbling followed by adding the goodies. 

My ingredients for my tea is as follows:

* EWC

*Seagro

*Molasses 

I will be adding some Turbo Grow and Rock Phosphate to the tea at the beginning. 

Well that's it for now. 

Smelly 

IMG_20181219_174725.jpg

IMG_20181219_175309.jpg

IMG_20181219_202326.jpg

IMG_20181219_202337.jpg

IMG_20181219_202307.jpg

IMG_20181219_211450.jpg

• Like 1

1L of Lactobacillus Serum 😁

I thought that the small amount will have a really small outcome but I have a full litre of serum and for now that's more than enough for what I have planned. The new batch will be stored using Molasses

The bubbler was started up yesyerday and tomorrow night I will add the ingredients. Will Seagro work in the tea??? Due to smell it will be moved outside. I added a teaspoon each of Rock Dust and Rock Phosphate so long. After buying the phosphate I read on the package that I need to use it in conjunction with mycoroot.......which I don't have of course, but still added it anyway. I was thinking of adding a tablespoon or 2 of LS to the tea. Can I do that @Green Leaf Organics??? 

Will update when I have a nice foamy batch going. Will be giving tea to C x C on Sunday morning and will also foliar spray all the plants with the LS. 😄

IMG_20181220_185257.jpg

IMG_20181220_195657.jpg

Lacto Serum

Well its Friday and the rice water is quite infected. I wll still let it go for a full week before going to the next step. I know it looks like the line on the wall showing in the jar but its not...

Compost Tea

Tomorrow morning I will be adding the following ingredients as per pic. 

IMG_20181221_204706[1].jpg

Compost Tea Ingredients.jpg

Woke up this morning like a kid on christmas. I moved the tea brewer outside due to the Seagro that I'm adding. My wife is not to fond of that smell hanging around in the house. 

I added an aquarium heater and set it to 24C. Tomorrow morning I will give the batch to the plant in pure coco. The FF soil is still so rich that I'd rather wait before giving any feeding. I will however foliar feed those ones as well as the rest of the garden. I still considering if I should add the LS to the tea. I will wait until to tonight to think about it and do some research. Otherwise I'm adding it tomorrow before feeding. 

IMG_20181222_075431.jpg

Ahoya @Hochymama

Thanx for that advice. I remember reading about it somewhere but fuck knows where. Thanx for reminding me again. 🤙

Here is the lady that received the tea. I pulled her down as much as possible and will tie down again in a weeks time and then I will just let her go. The other plants is still small and I am not going to do to much training on them. 

One of the Mendicino Skunk cuttings is showing signs of deficiency but it might be due to the repot. I gave the cuttings a tea made of Rock Dust and Molasses and if that one doesn't get better then I'll flush with some Calmag. 

2 of cuttings has leaves missing due to my youngest boy helping in the garden. 

Have an awesome Smelly Sunday. 

IMG_20181223_075627.jpg

IMG_20181223_075619.jpg

IMG_20181223_075634.jpg

IMG_20181223_075642.jpg

IMG_20181223_075652.jpg

On 12/25/2018 at 5:31 PM, Justin Hemp said:

Great to see a fellow Northern suburbs oke taking advantage of our new found freedom emoji16.png

LoL yeah man. But I still treat all my growing as in the past. The only good part is that I can openly buy my grow needs and the paranoia of working on the ladies while hearing the neighbours having a braai is a bit less. 

15 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

I also want to look at growing mushrooms in the new year

I found a great local supplier and I got my syringes within 2 days. Not sure if we are allowed to mention names.....??? 

10 minutes ago, Smelly Joe said:

LoL yeah man. But I still treat all my growing as in the past. The only good part is that I can openly buy my grow needs and the paranoia of working on the ladies while hearing the neighbours having a braai is a bit less. 

I found a great local supplier and I got my syringes within 2 days. Not sure if we are allowed to mention names.....??? 

I found them a couple of weeks back too. I could never try as I couldn't get spores they seem like a one stop shop 

Hey all

Just an update to show how nicely they have come along since their feeding on Sunday. 

CHEMDAWG X CANDYLAND 

The Chemdawg x Candyland was pulled down quite a bit and she has recovered very well. At this point I am just gonna leave her to grow upwards but will clean off all the lower growth to let her focus on bud production properly and to keep trimming to a minimum as soon as she has grown a bit more.

MENDISINO SKUNK 

The one Mendisino Skunk that looked deficient has recovered very well and the new growth is looking healthy and growing strong and her little sister is looking great too. I have topped the smaller Skunk at the 4th node and will be doing main line training with her. She is growing well in the Freedom Farm soil and its definitely on my shopping list for next season. 

SHISKABERRY

The Siskaberry is growing slower than the other plants but I think it's due to her still being in the smalller pot (23cm). It's almost as if the main growth is happening on the bottom but the top growth is slower. I gave the bonsai a feeding tonight and gave the Siskaberry some food too. I will see what she does  next week. 

LAUGHING BUDDHA 

Here we have a different case. When I checked her for roots I saw a fair amount that suggested that all is well and repottting can take place. So I repotted and waited for signs of new growth but it seems as if the cutting is going backwards. I will keep an eye on her and if she does not not recover within the next 2 weeks then I will pull her out and the Siskaberry will take her pot. That's the main reason I have not repotted the Siskaberry yet. 

UNKNOWN SEEDLING

While giving the bonsai their feeding I came across a small little seedling. I know ow I chucked some seeds into the garden so it can either be a Blue Kush Berry or bagseed from the weed I bought a few weeks back. I gave it  some of the feed as well but I'm sure the soil will have enough feed in it to sustain the plant. 

On a different note, can anyone maybe point me in the direction of a seedbank that sells a good Durban Poison strain. Of course a trusted seedbank. Local or International. 

Smelly

IMG_20181226_150423.jpg

IMG_20181226_150429.jpg

IMG_20181226_150433.jpg

IMG_20181226_150449.jpg

IMG_20181226_150455.jpg

IMG_20181226_150439.jpg

4 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

I got 3 Liquid Culture syringes. Which is actually better for me cause now I can make some liquid Culture. 

I'm still hunting for a proper pressure cooker before I go to the next step. My current one leaks like mad

Only thing I know about mushrooms is how to have a good time with them. Lost of research and work ahead for the new year

On 12/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, Totemic said:

Yes. This is the final month of veg. By feb pre flowering kicks in full blast.

I finally get a new Blue Gelato41 cutting and I had to make a choice whether to pot her up and veg for this next month or keep her in veg till the new season... I am leaning towards keeping her for next season aswell as the Shiska Berry. 

Both plants have a great review from the seedbank with both plants hitting the 2-3kg mark for harvest. So why not keep both and next season plant them out in 60L containers and do a shit load of training to see how close I can come to that amount. 

Onto another topic. I read on Royal Queen Seeds website about giving your plants a dose of coconut water. It's not the 1st time I've read this and I am gonna give it a try. I went out and bought a bottle of 100% coconut water and will give it to the one Mendicino Skunk that is growing a bit slower to see what happens. They call for a ratio of 15-50ml per liter. I will start if the the lowest dose and increase if I see some results. 

Any comments on this. :investigating

Smelly

Chemdawg x Candyland:

IMG_20181230_103202.thumb.jpg.df234e344ad058f3e5d081db564d8374.jpg

I can see more pistols all over her more and more. And it seems as if the stretching has started. I will conri ue veg feed for another week or two and then flush before starting the flowering feed. 

Mendicino Skunk #1

IMG_20181230_103223.thumb.jpg.fafd86513589dbe48d7eda300b073642.jpg

I topped her in hopes of doing a Mainline training for the season but it seems like time has caught up with me. I should've waited before potting the 2nd cutting out cause I could've kept one for next season. The lady started stretching as well so I topped her for no fucking reason 🤪

Mendicino Skunk #2

IMG_20181230_103211.thumb.jpg.87bd2a4addef80812994bdb15909d588.jpg

Here is the one is should've kept for next season. She is just recovering well and I'm sure she wont bring to much to the table. 

I have decided to keep the Shiska Berry and Blue Gelato in veg till new season because I won't be ordering beans next year.