Portable Aircons for grow tents

S420

1 hour ago, Dope said:

I bought that exact unit and used it for 3 days and never again. I opted for a wall unit instead and now get a steady 25 degrees. Thats what you want. 

Not everyone can go bashing holes into walls to install an aircon for a grow tent, those portable units work perfectly fine. I use one in my house and it keeps it cool.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greenkush said:

Not everyone can go bashing holes into walls to install an aircon for a grow tent, those portable units work perfectly fine. I use one in my house and it keeps it cool.

Making a hole in the wall aint an option for me either.  They  do work really good in tents 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2018 at 6:22 AM, Dabtzar said:

You can't happily grow above 24/25 without the use of Co2, and then a portable AC unit is no good. Temps that high will leave your bud less terpy due to high temps.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is true for HPS. New lighting tech is changing the game. Controlling ambient temperature for the sake of it is misguided. You need to achieve the correct Leaf Surface Temperature, for optimum photosynthesis and transpiration. 

The correct ambient temperature for HPS, cannot be the correct ambient temperature for LED. Without the massive amounts of infrared wavelengths, HPS produce,  LED lights need higher ambient temperature, to compensate for the cooling effect of evaporation, from transpiration.

Point is, with new lighting technologies, you need to measure the LST ( cheap infrared laser thermometer) and adjust your ambient, to achieve an LST of 25/26 C.

FYI: Set emissivity to 0.98 on your laser thermometer, for green foliage.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, Budwizer said:

This is true for HPS. New lighting tech is changing the game. Controlling ambient temperature for the sake of it is misguided. You need to achieve the correct Leaf Surface Temperature, for optimum photosynthesis and transpiration. 

The correct ambient temperature for HPS, cannot be the correct ambient temperature for LED. Without the massive amounts of infrared wavelengths, HPS produce,  LED lights need higher ambient temperature, to compensate for the cooling effect of evaporation, from transpiration.

Point is, with new lighting technologies, you need to measure the LST ( cheap infrared laser thermometer) and adjust your ambient, to achieve an LST of 25/26 C.

FYI: Set emissivity to 0.98 on your laser thermometer, for green foliage.

This comment should get an award. @Budwizer for president 💪💪