Neem oil

SkunkPharm

I've noticed bad effects on the plants after spraying with the recommended dosages. I think if the concentration of the oil is too high on the leaves it will get too hot, especially indoors and will literally fry the leaf.

I've seen quite a lot of talk lately of the campaign against neem oil. Perhaps there's some truth to this. Neem oil is meant to disrupt the digestive system of pests. There's just the question of whether it can affect humans as well. It shouldnt be all over the bud anyway..

@Green Leaf Organics do you spray anything as a preventative?

• Like 1

If you're into cannabis juicing and using the plant as a whole then perhaps its best to find an alternative to neem just to be on the safe side.

I've read up on the possible benefits of using peppermint and rosemary essential oils as pesticide sprays. Something you can make at home as well. They smell way better too

• Like 1

I use coconut oil and H2O2 mix in veg for PM and use CO2 at 12000ppm to kill all the bugs . Only co2 is used in flower 
Can you advise on a mixing ratio, for the general public including myself because I know from personal experience H2O2 can burn the shit outta plants if not done at the correct %. Added to that, the advised time EG lights on or lights off.
I stand to be corrected and presume all the known hydro shops sell the 50% Hydrogen peroxide. Please advise on this as a guideline, thank bud.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure it's safe in veg, as it's widely used in agriculture, and deemed safe by the USDA. I haven't seen any published studies showing a link between Azadirachtin and CHS.

I wouldn't use it in flower though, when there are other options. The USDA doesn't smoke vegetables, in their testing.

If you're into cannabis juicing and using the plant as a whole then perhaps its best to find an alternative to neem just to be on the safe side.

I've read up on the possible benefits of using peppermint and rosemary essential oils as pesticide sprays. Something you can make at home as well. They smell way better too

Organic miticides can be mixed at home using essential oils. Peppermint, rosemary and citronella are recommended and seem quite effective. I'm testing a peppermint oil mix on spidermite.

3 liters water

30 drops peppermint oil

2 tb spoons cooking oil

2 tb spoons soft soap

During flowering the options become limited. I wouldn't spray anything on my buds , just not sure what residues will remain.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

I read somewhere before I started using it that some people are allergic to Neem, so there's that. It's been used in India for many years though, external and internal*, so there's that too. Doubt they smoked it though vOv

*internal seems to be derived from the leaf.

Can you advise on a mixing ratio, for the general public including myself because I know from personal experience H2O2 can burn the shit outta plants if not done at the correct %. Added to that, the advised time EG lights on or lights off.
I stand to be corrected and presume all the known hydro shops sell the 50% Hydrogen peroxide. Please advise on this as a guideline, thank bud.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

I just has a PM outbreak, currently Im using vol 30 H202, 3 tablespoons to 1L water. All plants already about 3+ weeks into flowering.

I spray plants thoroughly at the start of the 12/12 light cycle, giving them time to dry out before it gets dark.

Improvement visible quite quickly, however, until it's completely cleared up, I will hold back on commentary.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Organic miticides can be mixed at home using essential oils. Peppermint, rosemary and citronella are recommended and seem quite effective. I'm testing a peppermint oil mix on spidermite.  
3 liters water
30 drops peppermint oil
2 tb spoons cooking oil
2 tb spoons soft soap

During flowering the options become limited. I wouldn't spray anything on my buds , just not sure what residues will remain.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Hey guys iv got a buddy that has an major issue with grasshopper damage on his plant. Will this mixture work for grasshoppers aswell or do you guys use a different mixture?

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Leeroy420 said:

Hey guys iv got a buddy that has an major issue with grasshopper damage on his plant. Will this mixture work for grasshoppers aswell or do you guys use a different mixture?

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

Wasnt intended for grasshoppers, possibly the essential oils might deter them? You can try it and check if it works.

Grasshoppers and locusts are difficult to control outdoors cause they move around a lot and they can fly. As a second line of defense plant some companion plants in the mean time. Let them to snack on that, rather than the cannabis.