Manny

Are my lights right ?

My first grow was under an array of 5 x 25 w cfls, in a double rubbermaid setup!LOL

I used an old extractor fan , that is meant for a bathroom!

When the plants started to grow,I would have to adjust daily, and it didnt help that I needed to remove the top rubbermaid to access the plants, was damaging the plants every time I had to open it up 😄

But I persevered and managed to harvest a tiny amount of bagseed.

Ah the good ole days of stealth /budget growing 🙂

Once my seeds have germinated what are the ideal conditions when putting the seed in soil. Should it be dry and in the sun or damp and humid ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Once my seeds have germinated what are the ideal conditions when putting the seed in soil. Should it be dry and in the sun or damp and humid ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humidity for germination, and once its cracked then straight into  your wet medium with no humidity dome.If the germinated seeds are kept in a dome they will suffercate and die.

Jissus, all I can say is I super happy to be part of this community. Great advice and the willingness to help is wonderfully from everyone who's has posted above.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

On 11/6/2018 at 11:33 PM, Trailblazer420 said:

Yeah, they're not great lights to grow under, you're honestly better off growing in a smallish (maybe 1L pot) in your window.

The amount of information you're still going to read is insane, it's going to be one of the best journeys of your life.

There are so many different kinds of lights you can use man, but as far as colour goes, your blueish light, is used for vegging. Vegging is not determined by light colour however, but rather light cycles, or number of hours on and off.

Plants will keep growing as long as your light cycle is more than 12 hours a day. Different growers will give you different advice on these cycles, but the common ones are generally 24 hours on, 0 hours off (24/0), 20/4 or 18/6. These are all for vegging, pick one and stick to it for the duration of your vegetative period. Once your plant shows you signs of flowering, or pre flowers even, you can decide what to do. As a first time grower, I suggest you let these become very visible before switching.

Next thing is, blue isn't blue, if your frequency or colour is not in line with what the plant can 'see', you are wasting time and electricity. Basic quantum mechanics 🙂 . To maximize plant response, I would suggest metal halide hid tubes for vegging, get yourself a 250w Floodlight. You will get way better results than 6 of those lights you have in your box.

Types of lights that are ideal

HID, this would be metal halide for veg and HPS for flower. The Sodium will give you the reddish spectrum you're looking for, although it's more yellow than red.

Next, CFL, yes, like energy savers. But again, 150w BARE minimum. The higher the wattage, the better your yield. These also run relatively cool, so no need for ac, just decent ventilation will do the trick.

Last, but by far not least, LED. now, this MUST be full spectrum grow lights. They have the right combination of the correct frequency chips to ensure your plant gets the rays it needs. Basically blue and red chips, which ends up with a violet colour.

BTW, plants are completely unable to 'see' green light. Just some added info.

I always give this heads up to any new growers, plant some bag seeds, that way you'll get a healthy mix of males and females, teaching you how to identify them. Cull the males though. These seeds are generally quite resilient and rather forgiving and if it doesn't work out, you didn't blow a bunch of cash on seeds that gave you no value.

There are a lot of threads that cover any issues you may tun into and as you know, you can always ask.

Good luck and happy growing 5469a72751fc08a06495b7cab0a0e2df.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

@Trailblazer420 "The amount of information you're still going to read is insane, it's going to be one of the best journeys of your life."

-- This hits deep... Having spent around 4 hours a day, every day, for the last 2 months reading up on this, I know exactly what you mean.

Try to get something somewhere in the 50 - 100 range if you decide to go this route. 20ppm was sprayed 2 - 3 times a day and I'm still not ENTIRELY sure that it worked, looks like I'm on track but the balls are still very small, may still turn out to be a waste of time and potential bud.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

you will find that you are almost always buying lights in your first few months to keep up.

I started with similar lights to you, then tubes, then cob, now on a Bestvaled which is pretty awesome.

Need to get some more. Hope your grow it wlth your grow. 

My advice would be to "not give too much love"... its a weed and they grow well without all the extra stuff we try give it.

you will find that you are almost always buying lights in your first few months to keep up.

I started with similar lights to you, then tubes, then cob, now on a Bestvaled which is pretty awesome.

Need to get some more. Hope your grow it wlth your grow. 

My advice would be to "not give too much love"... its a weed and they grow well without all the extra stuff we try give it.

This feels true, I purchased 6 x 288 Quantum Boards and already wish I had purchased 8 instead, although making do with the 6 I have.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I want to start my own indoor grow so I read through this thread and I've got tears running down my cheeks. I can't remember when last I laughed so much. Thank you my fellow stoners for both the informative thread and the laugh.