Filtering an outside intake

420SA

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

I don't draw air from outside, just from within my room and I use the light blocking baffles from Secret Jardin - this is actually more for better passive air in take as without these the tent goes into some serious negative pressure and I feel the airflow suffers.

@Budwizer has a really awesome and clever solution though!

Thanks for this , my new tent I just bought is a jardin and I’ll look at the light bafffle as passive intake for the tent itself.

so in the room the your tent is in there is no air coming into that room from outside? You sucking air from inside the house and exhausting out a window? 

Thanks.  I’m not to great with the DIY so would love a complete paid for solution. 

22 minutes ago, CreX said:

This took me by surprise haha! 

I luckily live on the 3rd floor, and little gets up there... 

But even before that, I leave my veg room permanently 100% open

And then my flower tent is only closed during its dark cycle, otherwise the tent is also open... 

So a filter would just be silly for me

Haha yes I see in your situation it may not be needed especially if you leave your tent open it would be pointless.

im not lucky enough to live that far away from pests , my garden is right outside the windows of the room where my tent is  so i need to filter my air in. 

I’m currently using the passive vent during the day and at night(When they sleep)  I’m closing the vent and running a active intake with a ram bug barrier on both sides of fan .  It works to filter out some dust , hair , bugs etc but does need to be cleaned almost every second day  or restricts airflow heavily. I don’t see these bug barriers helping with pollen or smaller  pests .  

I was looking at hepa filter type intakes but seems it requires quite abit of DIY .  

33 minutes ago, Brendzgrow said:

Thanks for this , my new tent I just bought is a jardin and I’ll look at the light bafffle as passive intake for the tent itself.

so in the room the your tent is in there is no air coming into that room from outside? You sucking air from inside the house and exhausting out a window? 

Thanks.  I’m not to great with the DIY so would love a complete paid for solution. 

I have kept it simple.

There is a window in the room which is a bit open for some fresh air and then the door leading to the rest of the house is also open a bit.

I draw air in from the room the tent is in and then the exhaust is also just into the room (out the top of the tent).

You can exhaust the air outside if you'd like and able to. Too much effort for me and it'll look odd with the ducting by the window and would draw unwanted attention.

• Like 1

I took apart a kitchen extractor, the hole perfectly fits on top of my tent and I have 3 levels to control the fan.I just removed the bulb portion lol 😄 it works really well but now I have to replace the carbon and possible the filter material.Its ghetto but it works so well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...