Greetings from Cape Town

Catsilver

Howsit all

I'm sure you got an influx of new members since the new laws got passed. Well here's another one. 

Capetonian, Wanting to learn about outdoor growing and where to get good seeds. No idea where to start on getting seeds honestly so advice would be appreciated.

Not a heavy smoker, once a week on weekends, in fact prefer to make perhaps oil or cannabutter. Used oil early this year and it eases my backpain, which I thought was a temp issue but don't think it's leaving me soon. LOL Age is catching up on me. But yeah the oil was great and less smelly to my liking. 

Much prefer the sativa strain for energy and focus. 

Hope to absorb tips and tricks. Have a plant growing outside in a small pot that's restricted it's growth a lot, Want to actually ask even though the yield is very low if I must wait longer or is it time to harvest (doesn't look anything like the amazing pics online lol). Will likely need to post pics to get that information. Don't know the strain but liked the stuff that was given to me, Kept me awake for hours and allowed me to have a great gaming sessions.

Next plan it to plant directly in garden to grow bigger. 

Anyways, looking forward to be part of the community. Like that the forum looks clean and professional. 

Thanks, Just checked out some videos online now and now feel I'm not worthy of sharing my pathetic tree in comparison hahaha. 

But one needs to start somewhere right. 

I was heavily into aquascaping at one point so understand plant growth and ferts a bit. Slightly different in an aquatic environment but the basics should be the same.

Not too prepared yet to invest in going all out, want to keep it simple. If it becomes too complicated then my wife will be asking where money is going... 😅

9 minutes ago, stinky said:

Hello and welcome @Catsilver 

You may want to check out the Seed Banks & Seed Shops section of the forums first.

International and local banks available.

Thanks, Have checked a few, Information is so overwhelming though. Think to start off I need advice on a decent strain that's easy growing to get to grips with it. If anyone can recommend something would be awesome. For all I know I have an great strain growing, but have no clue. 

eish getting to grips with this forum a bit and failed on the quoting. 

Edited by Catsilver

Edit, I'd like to take that back, See Durban Poison has a very high sativa percentage. Googling not giving me results on where to find those seeds locally. Can anyone help direct where to get from? Never knew the strain was so world renowned. And with that, how much success would I have growing that outdoors in Cape Town? 

I am certainly no expert, but it seems most international forums consider Super Silver Haze is generally considered to be a "difficult" strain to grow out and recommend strains like Northern Lights etc for beginners.

Since you plan to grow outdoors, something accustomed to our local climate may give better results.

Perhaps the experienced growers could contribute ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catsilver said:

Edit, I'd like to take that back, See Durban Poison has a very high sativa percentage. Googling not giving me results on where to find those seeds locally. Can anyone help direct where to get from? Never knew the strain was so world renowned. And with that, how much success would I have growing that outdoors in Cape Town?  

Whoops. You posted that just before I put up my reply :)

hahaha don't stress you must see me type from my phone. I come across like a retard. #fatfingers

thanks for the replies. 
Trophy seeds has some Dutch Passion Durban Poison. Weed will grow as long as it has good soil, water and plenty of sun.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skunk said:

Trophy seeds has some Dutch Passion Durban Poison. Weed will grow as long as it has good soil, water and plenty of sun.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks found it. Which is better for outdoor, Auto Flowering or "normal"? 

5 hours ago, Catsilver said:

Thanks found it. Which is better for outdoor, Auto Flowering or "normal"? 

This is really up to preference, autoflower will flower without a 12/12 light schedule, typically grow faster but as far as I know you can't clone them, which means you'll need to buy new seeds each grow. 

Normal is photo period which means they need 12/12 to flower, these come in feminized (99% chance of females). Then there is regular seeds which have a 50/50 chance of being male or female. You can take clones from feminized and regular seeds. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

Awe @Catsilver, that's a fabulous tank!

In regards to easy strains, I'd go with Northern Lights, Peppermint Kush or Blue Dream. Mostly indica, great smoke. Super easy to grow and they're resistant to moulds and shit. If you read up on the strains, you'll get a feel for it. Sativas are great, but i think they're more finicky. Also, long flower times can blow :-2cents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CG420za said:

Awe @Catsilver, that's a fabulous tank!

In regards to easy strains, I'd go with Northern Lights, Peppermint Kush or Blue Dream. Mostly indica, great smoke. Super easy to grow and they're resistant to moulds and shit. If you read up on the strains, you'll get a feel for it. Sativas are great, but i think they're more finicky. Also, long flower times can blow :-2cents

My issue is that indica will make me even more lazy than I already am.. 

I get home and knackered from long day and have a very active 3 year old have to chase after all the time when home. If I don't take something that gives me a kick, by time she's asleep I'm passed out on couch.. repeat that every day and things on to-do list start to stack up fast.. 

9 minutes ago, Catsilver said:

My issue is that indica will make me even more lazy than I already am.. 

I get home and knackered from long day and have a very active 3 year old have to chase after all the time when home. If I don't take something that gives me a kick, by time she's asleep I'm passed out on couch.. repeat that every day and things on to-do list start to stack up fast.. 

BD and NL isn't that couchlock kinda bud bruv. Can't talk about the PK coz she's still drying, but the other 2 are definitely not comatose skyf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RampageZA said:

This is really up to preference, autoflower will flower without a 12/12 light schedule, typically grow faster but as far as I know you can't clone them, which means you'll need to buy new seeds each grow. 

Normal is photo period which means they need 12/12 to flower, these come in feminized (99% chance of females). Then there is regular seeds which have a 50/50 chance of being male or female. You can take clones from feminized and regular seeds. 

Hope that helps. 

With you saying that Normal has a 99% chance of females, was the odds of Autoflower? 

44 minutes ago, Catsilver said:

With you saying that Normal has a 99% chance of females, was the odds of Autoflower? 

Feminized have 99%, all autoflower should also be female. I say 99% because conditions can also determine sex. Too much stress and your female can hermie.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer420 said:

I Can relate man. I'm pro sativa... Durban Poison is where you'll find that kick. I just ordered some Maui Waui, hoping for a similar experience 🙂

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Also a huge Sativa fan here! :-puffin  always wanted to try the Maui Waui. Although I must say I've been enjoying my Sativa dominant hybrids, Pure Power Plant blew my mind. 

• Thanks 1