IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - Major forum upgrade coming soon

420SA

Evening guys

It's official. The forum will be undergoing a major upgrade in the near future. The upgrade will either be next week or even this weekend. As soon as I've finalised testing I will let you guys know.

As many of you will agree this forum is getting on a bit in terms of how it functions and is now overdue for a good upgrade. As a result this is going to be quite a change from the current website, so to some of the regular users please be prepared for a bit of a shift, although a lot will still feel familiar too.

The upgrade will make drastic improvements on:

• Overall look and feel
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile usability
  • General functionality
  • Social features

Everything will be easier, make more sense and work the way you want it to. Plus it will be 100% mobile friendly.

What will be lost in the upgrade:

• Your like stats/count
  • Your "thanks" count

Please keep a close eye on this topic as the forum may have to go down for a day or 2 as the upgrade occurs.

I can promise the wait and the break will be worth it. This will be the biggest upgrade since the forum started in 2014.

:-peace

Evening guys

It's official. The forum will be undergoing a major upgrade in the near future. The upgrade will either be next week or even this weekend. As soon as I've finalised testing I will let you guys know.

As many of you will agree this forum is getting on a bit in terms of how it functions and is now overdue for a good upgrade. As a result this is going to be quite a change from the current website, so to some of the regular users please be prepared for a bit of a shift, although a lot will still feel familiar too.

The upgrade will make drastic improvements on:

• Overall look and feel
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile usability
  • General functionality
  • Social features

Everything will be easier, make more sense and work the way you want it to. Plus it will be 100% mobile friendly.

What will be lost in the upgrade:

• Your like stats/count
  • Your "thanks" count

Please keep a close eye on this topic as the forum may have to go down for a day or 2 as the upgrade occurs.

I can promise the wait and the break will be worth it. This will be the biggest upgrade since the forum started in 2014.

:-peace

Awe !! We standing by over!!

Cant wait.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aw shucks man.....haha. And I only just got the hang of uploading photos like 2 weeks ago...... Crack on.....:-hilarious

Took me a while to stumble around here and find my way.

Should be better now that i have the workings taped.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will we get a like button?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

There will be a like button with posts yes. Along with a "Thanks", "Confused" and "Sad" button. Similar to the Facebook reactions

This will only apply to the website though and not through Tapatalk. Tapatalk isn't an app we have control over. It merely serves the forum to you guys in the form of an app

So you gave us the cons, what are some of the pros we can expect from the upgrade, like specifically?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

As mentioned in the first post

• Overall look and feel
  • Ease of use
  • Mobile usability
  • General functionality
  • Social features

Posting will be a lot easier. The quoting issue will be resolved as well . Attachment uploading will be a lot more streamlined with the ability to embed uploaded images in your posts.

These are only a few improvements I can mention. I can't run through every single improvement I'm afraid. You'll find out soon enough ;)