Thoughs on Steel Cupboard setup

Hansom1

Not quite genetics, but I know what you mean. My daytime cycle runs from 6pm to 6am, making it easier to keep the Temps low during the 'day cycle' the HID lighting lifts the temps whilst on for this cycle. During the daytime, my plants sleep, light is off and ac can do its thing to bring Temps down.

There is a lot of info that probably isn't being shared, because we deem it obvious, but once upon a time it wasn't, so keep asking questions and post pics once you start your grow.

Happy growing

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cool bananas....

So guess brilliant white glossy paint then.....

That  being said, I stil stand by my scepticism about the whole question on having indoor in the first place...

Thoughts?

I guess its more of a personal prefferance. I'm looking to grow the ultimate bud. In an environment I can control, where I'm able to manipulate certain climate changes.

I am still very much planting outdoors not with the legalization I've just got tomuch fertile soil I can use.

In conclusion

The stelth grow is more a hobby than just a means to grow my own.

Yeah, outdoor is awesome. Use it to its fullest until govt comes out with their revised bill.

I have a couple of potted outdoor plants, but indoor is my day to day smoke. I think I need another tent

Not quite genetics, but I know what you mean. My daytime cycle runs from 6pm to 6am, making it easier to keep the Temps low during the 'day cycle' the HID lighting lifts the temps whilst on for this cycle. During the daytime, my plants sleep, light is off and ac can do its thing to bring Temps down.

There is a lot of info that probably isn't being shared, because we deem it obvious, but once upon a time it wasn't, so keep asking questions and post pics once you start your grow.

Happy growing

So true its had been a concern of mine, leaving behind a unlawful foot print but now that I'm alowed to enjoy my hobby and talk about it, the questions are just running.

It's just amazing how much advice there is out there and how much it gets shared so willingly.👍🏼✊🏽

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 3:32 AM, Hansom1 said:

So true its had been a concern of mine, leaving behind a unlawful foot print but now that I'm alowed to enjoy my hobby and talk about it, the questions are just running.

It's just amazing how much advice there is out there and how much it gets shared so willingly.👍🏼✊🏽

So true man - brings hope to this country! 

Found this topic interesting as I created a grow cabinet out of steel. As mentioned on this forum - heat and cold can be an issue. I have lost a good yield due to some extreme cold temps a few months ago. None the less, in the change of seasons, I grew some great medz.

I have added a photo of the last round that went down - (with the good news received last month on the status of the herb, stock didn't last long!)

IMG_20180712_182106.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 12:44 PM, Hansom1 said:

So I've managed to get myself a steel cabinet well it really just was being tossed. 

I've looked around and seen some stealthy growcabnets. And though I could start a small project. 

But I'll leave it to you guys what do you think is the best set up for such a cupboard. 

Picture attached below.

:-rastadance

images-36.jpg.f35c20abc7c37415e4c2de715b1cf978.jpg

Haha, gave me a chuckle. I started out my first grows in a cabinet like this. I had two extraction 110m3/h fans for intake & extraction. One hole at the bottom and the other at the top directly behind the light.

Ran a 400w in there and could fit about 3-6 plants in it.

Edited by TomHill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansom1 said:

Would love to see some images of the setup you had if you have. Still trying to put together the best possible formation.

It was around 8 years ago, haven't got any pictures. Don't over think it, this setup is simple to get right. 

• Cut two holes for your intake and extraction fans.
  • Paint the base of the cabinet and 20cm of the bottom sides with  a.b.e. "super laykold" or a similar liquid rubber product.  
  • Line the walls with some diamond pattern reflective mylar
  • Hang your light bulb and reflector.
  • Hang a box fan in one of the top corners for oscillation. 

That is all you will need to get going. Plug and Play after that. 

In winter you may want to add a heating/cooling thermostat to maintain the temperature. 

Keep the ballast out of the cabinet (I hung mine at the back). If it is a magnetic ballast, get a small fan to cool it if heat becomes an issue. Buying the globe, ballast, capacitor and ignitor form your local electrical wholesaler, you save roughly R1000. 

AD/DC sell well priced wall extraction fans, that will cost you a fraction of what inline fans do and suit your need here. If you want to future proof the build for a later possible upgrade, then just grab an inline fan.