A new day, a new Grow

Guest Reaper

Greetz Erryone!

I have recently relocated to the Western Cape and need some input from any locals.

Is it legal to grow here or not, half the people I talk to say it is, or is it only that they dont really target guys here anymore?? Im not planning on a big one, 1 or 2 plants at most.

Where can I get the following?

- Recommended and Trusted Local Seed bank, and also what is a Recommended Sativa strain that is also feminized?

- Premixed Organic Soil/Soil less mix?

- General supplies? ( I used to use Greenthumb up in Joburg)

Shottallot!!

R

Greetz Erryone!

I have recently relocated to the Western Cape and need some input from any locals.

Is it legal to grow here or not, half the people I talk to say it is, or is it only that they dont really target guys here anymore?? Im not planning on a big one, 1 or 2 plants at most.

- Recommended and Trusted Local Seed bank, and also what is a Recommended Sativa strain that is also feminized?

Shottallot!!

R

Welcome to the Cape of good dope!

Glad to have you on the forum.

It’s a bit of a gray area at the moment, the high court ruled that private consumption and cultivation should not be illegal but this has not been ratified by parliament. I think they’re convening in a month or so regarding the high court.

So at the moment the boys in blue can still arrest/raid your grow but when it gets to court you can use the Judge Davis judgement to attempt to have the charges withdrawn (this has been successful in the Belville magistrates court) or apply for a stay of prosecution pending judgement from the constitutional court.

So the chances having having a criminal conviction if just in possession of cannabis is  low if you have all your paperwork ready for said day.

At the end of the day, keep it discrete don’t tell anyone about it including friends and non-permanent relationships. Lose lips sink ships and if you keep it to yourself you should be perfectly fine.

I might just be paranoid but I don’t want to spend any time in a cell.

I get most of my supplies from hydroponic.co.za and from greenthumb if they don’t have what I need.

Have a look at freedom farms organic promix, my plants are loving it.

Everything smokey said. I would also consider the mix from Jamie Garden Shop, he also has some other great products like a good IPM pack for the little critters. You can chat to him about what you growing and has a wealth of knowledge. Lights you can get from Growopz in Cape Town or Sanlights are also available in Cape Town. Tents and the like get from GTHydro the hydro shop in Cape Town is expensive, I just get my feed and peat pellets there for convenience.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Greetz Erryone!

Shottallot!!

R

Let me know what seed you're getting, I'm also looking for a pure sativa strain. I'm currently doing Royale Haze, which is mostly sativa. Cannabisseeds.co.za is my go-to for seeds fast. 24hr delivery with my last 2 orders.

For organic pre-mixed soil, I use freedom farm premium mix from hydroponic.co.za, they have a branch literally 5 mins from where I live. They can be a bit pricey, but they have everything I could want...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shot for all the Replies, Much Appreciated!!

I am most definitely going for the FF soil!

Greetz Erryone!

Shottallot!!

R

Let me know what seed you're getting, I'm also looking for a pure sativa strain. I'm currently doing Royale Haze, which is mostly sativa. Cannabisseeds.co.za is my go-to for seeds fast. 24hr delivery with my last 2 orders.

For organic pre-mixed soil, I use freedom farm premium mix from hydroponic.co.za, they have a branch literally 5 mins from where I live. They can be a bit pricey, but they have everything I could want...

I am burning to get some either of teh following strains, I just need to ask first, Has any one here bought from cannabisseeds coza?? Are they reputable? I really like the clean site and layout... But need more re assurance as Ive never heard of them.

Im looking at getting:

- Original Amnesia (Feminized)

- Santa Sativa (Feminized)

Greetz Erryone!

Shottallot!!

R

I am burning to get some either of teh following strains, I just need to ask first, Has any one here bought from cannabisseeds coza?? Are they reputable? I really like the clean site and layout... But need more re assurance as Ive never heard of them.

Im looking at getting:

I've used them twice without any issues.. fast delivery as well. I got my orders the next day

Greetz Erryone!

Shottallot!!

R

Im looking at getting:

I've used them twice without any issues.. fast delivery as well. I got my orders the next day

Forgot to mention they stock the Dinafem range of seeds

I haven't had to good an run with cannabis seeds.co.za. The seeds were really small and had a 70% success rate. I'm still old school and will order from overseas. 

Some okes have great success with local seedbanks. Guess its just the luck of the draw. :-X

I haven't had to good an run with cannabis seeds.co.za. The seeds were really small and had a 70% success rate. I'm still old school and will order from overseas.

Some okes have great success with local seedbanks. Guess its just the luck of the draw. :-X

Thanks man, Good to know. I also like ordering online and did my last order from Sannies, but Im in the cape now and I heard that NMOTHING passes Cape Customs...

Havent had  a puff since I moved in here, for a place thats so open to the topic its pretty damn hard to find any THUS the need to order online and get a grow going AAAasap

• 1 month later...

That's good to know, Jimmy. How many plants are we talking about though? 100% could be 1/1 lol.

1 in 11 didn't pop, because I put it straight into soil when I started out. Rookie mistake. Lol. I split my order with a few workmates and all of theirs popped.