New Outdoor Grower - Black Domina XXL Auto

JackJay

Hi guys & gals,

Excited new grower here. Ordered my seeds, Black Domina XXL Autoflowering.

I’m doing my research as much as possible, but would still like to gain some local knowledge on growing. Here is what I’ve found, what I think is correct and more questions I have (please do correct me if I’ve got anything wrong):

- I would be growing outdoors but still in a pot (to be able to have my plants portable). Looking to get fabric pots for increased airflow and filtering. Any possible place I can get these (preferably in Pretoria)? Otherwise, any suggestions on any other pots to use.

- What would be a good soil to start out with? Also, do I add compost or fertilizer to this soil?

- At what stage do I start feeding the plants nutrients? I know I should start off with a high Nitrogen mixture and lean more towards higher Potassium during flowering stage. Also any suggested products & where to find them.

- Supporting the main stem with growth, when would this be needed and how is it done?

Any info would really be appreciated (any links to articles or pdfs also), I’m looking forward to updating and posting pics.

Thanks guys!

Jackjay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought all my equipment from hydroponic.co.za freedom farms soil, EHG nutrient kit (including ripener) & 20l cloth pots. They delivered to my door by the next day, but I'm not sure whether they deliver as far as you....

I've gone for the big & slow growth of photos, here's a pic as at last weekend. ;)d5670f384472877e7d96474ec75f4604.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

:-rasta Ahoya Jackjay.

Welcome to the wonderful world of obsessive growing and constant learning. Your choice in auto strain is quite impressive. From which seedbank did you order and which breeder ? 

If this is the same strain I read up on it's gonna be a tasty strain. Sorry but I can't help with supplies in your area but I'm sure if you Google some hydro places in Gauteng area and even Pretoria you'll find one or at least a helpful nudge in the right direction. 

Are you growing Organic or Hydro nutes? Don't start with full feeding at first. I like to start my feeding when the 3rd set of true leaves has formed. I like to use Seagro ( which you can find almost anywhere ), Verte-Guano ( seabird and penguin Guano ) and for flowering I will be using Bio-Bloom from Bio-gro. 

I don't have any experience with Hydro nutes but I have seen some great results with EHG nutes and will be doing a hydro feed run in the near future. 

Apart from all that rambling I hope you have a great grow. Have you gotten you seeds yet or are you still waiting for the beans ?

Hi Hein,

Thanks for the awesome response. I’m getting the seeds within this week. Growing organic from soil.

I’ll be using a 30L fabric pot. The seeds I’m getting from pachama, very friendly and helpful service.

Guess we’ll see about the quality. I’ll be ordering from international seedbanks once I’ve learned enough.

Very excited. Would love to breed my own new exciting strain in the future.

Thanks again.

JackJay

Well, I'm doing research for my future cash crop and haven't really put much thought into which marijuana strain I would like to grow.

I'm looking for the highest yielding plant, but quality is a must as well.

I did a search for "Highest yield" and "Yield" and nothing with any information I was looking for came up.

So I'm starting a new thread here for people to compile there results of the highest yielding strains.

Well, I'm doing research for my future cash crop and haven't really put much thought into which marijuana strain I would like to grow.

I'm looking for the highest yielding plant, but quality is a must as well.

I did a search for "Highest yield" and "Yield" and nothing with any information I was looking for came up.

So I'm starting a new thread here for people to compile there results of the highest yielding strains.

Cannabisseeds (MCSB) will give u an estimated yield on all/most of their seeds...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ok so the process has started.

Got my 40L fabric pot and freedom farms mix soil (looks fantastic).

Germination went well, 2 days in wet paper towel. Now planted into a small pot and built a rig with leftover mesh to protect the pot. Also it’s standing in a black label quart case to increase drainage and airflow. Put it under a big tree we have so it can get some rays but not too much that can damage it.

What would you guys suggest on watering and when to add nutrients? I know the soil remain slightly wet. From what I vould gather I think I’ll add nutes once I transfer to the big pot in +-11 days depending on the growth rate.

Any suggestions and ideas/comment will be appreciated.

Oh and btw, don’t worry the quarts are already empty 🤣

Shweeties0f6e91b0832489a5fee92d7ffc502cbb.jpg002e305511cb38bcb6db54036058e95b.jpg51374c57d865cb033489e7e9f114a4e1.jpgb866a33d09fcb0bfc6fb685496b244cb.jpg10d9d05ee9306198de57b5b33b2d1c9a.jpgd844337c748ac835f4e0a67fb15de173.jpgaf392aa09158c222ca06cb1c13afc5cd.jpgc9652c29052ff8e403106c9298117a94.jpgd026d9512c1124650aec5087ace87213.jpg

• Like 1

Morning Jackjay, I was fortunate enough to see your girl ( strain ) at a mates house this weekend and what an amazing looking plant . It was outside amongst all the companion gardening my mate is into and  it's into its 4 week of flowering I counted 8 main cola, and they were thick strong colas my friend and the best part was I didn't click what I was looking at till my mate told me to get reading glasses.....:-clap:yipeeee:-clap

So I will defo be sliding up a chair to follow this as I would like to try this strain when I have another cpl grows under my belt

Have a great day matey...

• 9 months later...

Please show us some photos of the end result Black Domina XXL Auto! And maybe any advice you have for growing Autos in SA? I've just got a lot of exactly the same grow stuff as you and I'm about to start Doing 5 x White Widow XXL Autos from Dinafem I got at at cannabisseeds.co.za with the same Freedom pots and classic medium you have. Super excited to get started. Growing some bag seeds as well right now but most amped for the Auto! Will create grow diary when I start. Lekker man!

Edited by biird
  • Like 1