Cab Construction

Guest Hein

Hey guys

So I got the go ahead to take the cabinet I found and turn it into a grow cab:yipeeee.

Construction of this wont be quick as time is gonn be an issue. My plan is to have one side for veg ( maybe cloning as well ) and the other for flowering.

I am gonna break down my current cab because the 250w is a bit to big for the cab and besides, it will fit perfectly in the new space.  I am thinking of of upping my grow cab to a 400w. So as soon as the time comes then I'll be readywith a cab.

Lighting for the veg area will be an 85w CFL and maybe those LED's I found.

Flowering will be HPS of course. The heat is gonna be a problem. I don't have the cash for proper cooling fans and will have the floweing side running at night. I will also try my best to get the heat out of the Aircooled Hood as quick as possible. A little modding will be fine. 

I have read and seen videos of people making their own aircons with a buckets and fans. I can do that and hook it up to the cab easily so now that I think about it, the heat will not be an issue at all         :-moonwalk.  

So as I said earlier, this construction will take some time but you can be sure that the pics will be posted as it goes along. 

Blessings

Hein

IMG_20171107_112408.thumb.jpg.69ce40e7bfa9d3392d1d6b8e973236fd.jpg

IMG_20171107_112725.thumb.jpg.94b8e94e4d68eaf69b0dc8f49bf37357.jpg

IMG_20171107_112437.thumb.jpg.a176c1f7f018d37f796dffcb1ee30f46.jpg

Hey guys

I forgot to click the notify button and here I was thinking nobody cares :(.  LoL. I also noticed that I did NOT give any dimension's.

narnia[/member] , thanx for the good blessings with that green thumb. Much appreciated. Looking forward to having a dual grow cab. 

CerealKilla[/member] , I can't wait as well man. Looking forward to the finished product. The dimensions is as follows brother:

900 x 945 x 45 ( H x L x W ) 

tarbaby[/member] , he is more than welcome to pop around after the cabs built and finished flowering. You aswell. That way we can look at the cab a smoke some lekker homegrown. LoL.

Hein

If its small and coming continuesly then i am a happy man. I have a friend that grows fucking monster plants. I always stared at that and thought why cant i grow like that? The short answer is space. So i just have to scale down see what i can pull of a small grow. 

Unfortunately cash is an issue as always so the 400w setup needs to wait a  bit still BUT in the meantime I will get my LED panel up and running to have some extra space and light. Construction on the cab will start this weekend but i wont be finishing  it though. Still have to get some extra wiring and other shit to make it look beautiful. Also need to build that portable aircon for the heat.

Hein 

Morning Captain. I'm not sure if HPS will work well with those dimensions if you take heat into consideration. Check the ambient temps where your cabinet will be located. Vegging temps isn't really an issue, but the flowering side will need to be cool.

If you keep a mom and clone often you could have an endless supply of bud. I've kept my ladies small with this run and I seem to be enjoying looking after babies more. It's more manageable IMO.

• 3 months later...

Hey all.

I have not given up on this project. We need to move out of our current place to a much smaller area so I will only start once we are closer to moving. So stay tuned.  :-rollitup

I see you mentioned that some peeps DIY an aircon? Can you share a link or two (Yeah Im kak lazy Lol) The heat here is facking insane!! I am not sure how Im gunna play it before winter