Bennies

narnia

What are local growers using in their hydro systems to cultivate bennies (beneficial bacteria)? 

Seen environoc 401 and EM Pro soil. 

Heisenberg Tea - wouldn't know where to get ingredients in SA.

What are yáll using? 

What are local growers using in their hydro systems to cultivate bennies (beneficial bacteria)?

Seen environoc 401 and EM Pro soil.

Heisenberg Tea - wouldn't know where to get ingredients in SA.

What are yáll using?

What is Heisenberg tea?

Why would you want beneficial bacteria in a hydro system?

Thanks for the response m8.

Yep, bennie benefits still beneficial. 

Will help combat root issues by competing with the bastard bacteria, rather than running completely sterile, as well as benefiting from those regular bennie benefits. 'Heisenberg Tea' is a much used mix of products, from a user Heisenberg on rollitup I think. It's referenced a lot, in many places and variances, but uses products I can't see SA having- to make the tea. 

I can only find two bottled comparable products available in SA, environoc 401 and em pro soil. 

Other peeps here just running sterile with H2O2?

@Trickerst Have been running the Environoc 401 in DWC - mostly as a means to keep root issues at bay. 

First DWC so I have no comparison point, that said, root growth is grand, white, lateral growth, sweeeeet. 

Did notice a small pea-sized amount of clear jelly substance on root about a week ago, which has since disappeared. Still shitting bricks that the herp may take control in the res. though all indication, from jelly disappearing, would make me think it is doing its job. I have never seen the herp first hand, but most reading on it is pretty catastrophic.

Have an unopened bottle of Em Pro Soil as well, which I plan[hope] to run side-by-side comparison, soil and coco with couple control plants, perhaps for outdoor-season or before, depending. That'd be the tits. If I do follow through with the mission will record some data and if is viable/usable will share, this'll take a while...currently I wouldn't be able to state what improvements, if any, are seen.

A user on this forum, can't recall who GLO maybe? , mentioned grabbing small soil samples from different areas where there is diverse life to import bennies and I believe make a tea? Wouldn't consider doing this with DWC, and I'd be a bit concerned bringing indoors but I'm paranoid of bringing shit into my already far from sterile environment.  

Not the cheapest stuff, but still not Mammoth P type costs, that's ridiculous. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow... #cracks knuckles

Heisenberg tea is AACT

He has complex ones and basic ones. 

I ran into root issues because I was once a noob who took outdoor plants, rinsed the roots, and put it in my hydro... Lol what a mess!! 

Thankfully, Heisenberg saved me and my grow. 

He lists only American stuff... Great white mycos and ancient Forrest soils and stuff... 

I found the basic teas ingredients here in SA... Per 10l Basic ingredients are

EM pro(25ml or more... Note that the bottle says its viable for 90 days.. So don't be shy) 

mycoroot mycorrhizal fungi (25ml of the granules) 

Molasses (1tbsp)

Brew for 48hours in dechlorinated tap water... at room temp (20-28)... I use water that has been standing for 48 hours minimum 

Those 3 ingredients will fix your rootzone..

I add kelpak, worm castings, humic acids, magnesium sulphate, various soils for diversity... 

As long as you have the main ingredients you will have a great tea

Chuck it in fairly liberally if you have an infection... I'd go for 100ml per 10l res

Then go down to 50ml per 20l for inoculations every few weeks or every reschange

• Like 2