Seed exchange

Totemic

The way i see it, is that once we are clear on whats allowed and whats not legally, it would be great to trade seeds (possibly swop as opposed to buy.)

There is going to be so much variety available that sharing it freely becomes a real possibility.

As to how to do it. Its a community thing and I would like feedback. Actually strange how quiet the forum is considering...go figure.

• Agree 1

The way i see it, is that once we are clear on whats allowed and whats not legally, it would be great to trade seeds (possibly swop as opposed to buy.)

There is going to be so much variety available that sharing it freely becomes a real possibility.

Agreed, swapping/trading seeds instead of buying would be the way to go. Having a well established and trusted trading network would be great, provided the laws permit it. I think we may have to just hold on a bit until we gain clarity on what can be done and what cannot, right now there's still a lot of grey areas. The worst part is that the legislation has to run through parliament :'(

Actually strange how quiet the forum is considering...go figure.

I think there's a mass of South Africans out there right now who have planted seeds thinking its a relatively straight forward process. Once they hit the inevitable issues that beginners go through they'll be here. I hope :-meditate

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think there's a mass of South Africans out there right now who have planted seeds thinking its a relatively straight forward process. Once they hit the inevitable issues that beginners go through they'll be here. I hope :-meditate

I think you're right @420SA. Still, early days for SA legalization etc. don't wanna take unnecessary chances. But there's no reason not to learn how to grow the best weed we can. I'm sure this forum gonna xplode soon with interested people.

I think there's a mass of South Africans out there right now who have planted seeds thinking its a relatively straight forward process. Once they hit the inevitable issues that beginners go through they'll be here. I hope :-meditate

I think you're right @420SA. Still, early days for SA legalization etc. don't wanna take unnecessary chances. But there's no reason not to learn how to grow the best weed we can. I'm sure this forum gonna xplode soon with interested people.

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions on how this can work? I think a workable option would require the forum administrator mediate all swaps and implement an system of endorsing bona fide traders. There needs to be some way judging quality, and standards, from my reckoning there are some strain experts on this forum who can judge quality. I guess this was how the Dutch marijuana scene started which culminated in events like the cannabis cup etc. Perhaps 420sa can host such a contest? Who knows perhaps the next big strain could originate here...Just saying😉

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Im part of a facebook seed exchange group which is taking off big time. A number of local breeders and guys doing trades as well as some reps for some seed distributors. Can search for Cannabis seed exchange South Africa if you are interested. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Guest Slummies

Please count me in... Every now and again I order from Europe , so I have a few seeds.. plus a lots of mixed seeds.

Gonna start up a private area for this, members can apply by sending me a PM. Members will require a minimum post count to qualify, I'm thinking 30 posts minimum

I will update you guys very soon!

Brb just need to make a few posts.

Kidding aside this would be great!

Guest shadowassasin

Gonna start up a private area for this, members can apply by sending me a PM. Members will require a minimum post count to qualify, I'm thinking 30 posts minimum

I will update you guys very soon!

Brb just need to make a few posts.

Kidding aside this would be great!

sharing is caring

• 2 months later...

I have nothing to trade as of yet but I believe in time SA can build a beautiful stock of exchanges seeds and plants on this network to really get a collection going. I'm keen but don't have enough posts yet or seeds. Don't suppose there'd be a chance of getting any clones this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I won't go near Facebook.. you sell your privacy to become a social media zombie and Facebook is sounding more and more anti mary jane as far as I'm hearing.

Anyway that's just me. I'd like to get on this though... like maybe on whatsapp or email, or some other safe channel...

It'll still be dealing, so that's still illegal, they were at least clear on that...

I love this, you may grow, but don't buy seeds, placing us right back on the wrong side of the law.

I also won't do Facebook, however it's not because they're pro or anti, it's the information selling and zombie part that gets to me. (saying this while going at it on tapatalk) :) :) :)

Seed exchange would be great for breeders, also for the forum. I'm sure none of the breeders on here would mind donating a few beans to the forum as giveaways, prizes etc. If I'm not selling, is it frowned upon if I share the love a little?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk