Advice plz

BLUESHEPHERD

It seems the plant survived my noob ass. It appears that the second set of leaves are now starting to grow Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Dont be so hard on yourself. Educate yourself, read whatever you can find. All the info is out there. Cannabis plants are tough, they can take alot. So dont fret over the small things. 

Here are some awesome sources of info.

Some E-Books

Organics - The GLO way

Grow Weed Easy

:-peace

Wow thanks for sharing that.  Thats some serious info on mixing soils. Looked into organics-the Glo way.

Yeah this little guy proved to be tough. I have read a lot on how fragile cannabis is so i was really worried about this one seeing it is my first plant.

And yes I do read a lot, my wife craps in her pants saying I don't give her the attention that I put into these plants lol.

Btw, perlite: is this available at any nursery?  And what does this cost more or less?

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

A little late, but here anyways: from the picture you posted before the pot up I can tell you that your plants not getting enough light. It's stretching for light which causes gangly stems, and falling over as you described previously. I'm sorry to break it to ya, but mixing freshly bought potting soil with compost and bonemeal etc, is likely to to give you bad results. Your mileage may vary.

Reafs thread on organic soil mixes rightly stress that such mixes need time to mature. Your best bet is to use the potting soil on its own, possibly with the addition of perlite and or vermiculite for drainage, and adding an organic MJ friendly nutrient to supplement. Best of luck to ya!

This plant was in normal garden soil at first in a little glass pot that had a little cactus in it. No holes and no drainage. This one went into organic potting soil only,no compost and no bonemeal.  This plant got chamomile on its first day already and may have been over watered too.  It didnt have a fan on it but it did have 2 20w cfl's like 15cm above it. I took one out cause the temperature inside of the box I grow in soared up to 38"c. Now with a fan on it its running between 26 and 30.

I planted another 4 plants on Sunday, 2 in normal potting soil and 2 woth mixed soil (potting soil, compost and bonemeal). 2 showed up above soil Monday morning and the other 2 this morning. I marked them from 1-4.  1 and 2 in mixed soil and 3 and 4 in just the potting soil. 2 and 4 came up Monday and 1 and 3 came up this morning only. So I'm kinda confused by that.

Anyhow,  I'll look into it to get better lights and vents on the box this weekend as well as getting some perlite and coco coir for a new project.

If this all works out and I have at least one female up to harvest then only ill invest money to get all the good stuff. I'm not expecting these plants to stone the bejesus out of me but to actually make it through to the harvest with okayish buds,  after all they are bag seeds from regular stuff for R80 a bankie.

Thanks tho I appreciate your input and will follow what you advised.  The organic soil I have will stand for a bit as I have already put soil in the bigger pots (no mix).

fly high

I'll go get 4 more light fittings and 4 40w cool white cfl's the weekend. Total 160w for veg. Will that be good? fly high

Remember more light more heat. You will need proper ventilation in order to regulate temp & humidity. The size of your space plays an important role in determining how much is enough?

Yeah man, research and identifying your needs before committing to anything is your best bet. I grew virtually for about a year, exploring various grow and training techniques. Till i found what will work for me in my situation. From there you fine tune your formula to get the best possible results.  Good luck 

:-peace

I think i figured out why the plant was leaning to the side. Last night whrn I went to go check on them, it was leaning again.  I looked at it and discovered the tip of one leaf burnt a little.  So I think it was to try get away from the heat. I lowered it like 30cm and this morning when I woke up... It was Jacob straight up again.

I also thought to rather set light 18-6 instead of 24 hours.  All 5 the others are still still like the light tho. They seem shorter tho than what this one was at 5-6 days old

fly high