Quiting Cannabis

Toby

Hi all,

Keen to get your guys input on the above topic.

I am currently embarking on my annual cannabis detox / fast. Im cutting down slowly but surely on a daily basis.

My intention is stop for 9 months and hopefully squeeze 2 grows out in that time.

How do you guys quit, what are some of the "withdrawal symptoms" you experience and how do you cope with it?

My personal symptoms are insomnia, irritability and little patience . I want to be completely aware of the symptoms as they occur and not let it get the better of me?:-hairpull

Hi all,

Keen to get your guys input on the above topic.

I am currently embarking on my annual cannabis detox / fast. Im cutting down slowly but surely on a daily basis.

My intention is stop for 9 months and hopefully squeeze 2 grows out in that time.

How do you guys quit, what are some of the "withdrawal symptoms" you experience and how do you cope with it?

My personal symptoms are insomnia, irritability and little patience . I want to be completely aware of the symptoms as they occur and not let it get the better of me?:-hairpull

I find that the best way to cope is by not quitting ;D

I must admit that the last "detox" I went through lasted 2 weeks, and that wasn't cos I wanted to or tried to stop. I went overseas during that time and I actually coped really well, barely thought about it. I felt no withdrawals.  I suppose it was because I was so occupied. I'm an everyday smoker/vaper but can quite comfortably go without it for a few days if the necessity calls. One thing I do notice though is that food becomes a little less enjoyable when I haven't smoked for a while

I think we get caught up in the fact that we stopped and the fact gets us anxious, cannabis dependency is purely mental I reckon. Hence we'd get laughed at and ridiculed if we pitched up at rehab :-hilarious

How do you feel after a couple months of not smoking? Does your mind feel clearer?

I have a couple friends who don't smoke anymore and they say they don't really notice the difference

I've decided to quit almost everything except Cannabis.

Dropped the alcohol altogether 4 years ago.

Dropped Caffiene a week ago, and still getting round to the nicotine issue this year...

:-meditate

Impressive regarding the Caffeine, still a massive vice of mine. I dont drink (very rarely do I have a beer or a whiskey or some red wine), or smoke tobacco.

Marijuana keeps me centered, my wife knows this :)

I do it annually to appreciate it more when I do consume.

The first 3 weeks are the worst, intense vivid dreams and the body feels like it needs something to establish the balance.

Once that phase passes its almost normal.

About a month after that you tend draw comparisons with your new physical state and how you were previously. You do feel more clearer than before and if you a natural procrastinator, you will get things done sooner, rather than tomorrow, lol

Personally I never used it as a crutch to deal with life issues so there are no phycological effects.

Dont get me wrong the herb is an excellent gift from mother nature with huge health benefits handled within moderation. I will always consume as the cannabis is my baby,lol

I detox for the sake of not getting into a rhythm of consuming year in and year out. A sort of unconscious loop you find yourself in.

Some views on how to use cannabis

Wow! That's impressive @Toby & @Totemic

My last detox was about 3 years ago and it lasted for 5 days. Similar to @420SA It wasn't voluntary either. Had to fly to PE to help a friend with an IT job. It never bothered me, because I was busy working most of the time.

Having said that, the trip after my first joint back was amazing. 8-) So clearly detoxing has its benefits but I haven't tried it again. :-hilarious  This year I'm aiming to stop smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.

I've already reduced my consumption on both. I don't know how far that will get me but I'm trying nonetheless. :-meditate

I made a slightly different change to my lifestyle, and it was around what I eat. this in fact made a massive difference, once I never knew could even exist within myself.

I cut out carbs and sugar (although i cheat a bit now) but generally stay away from them. My weight is even now, but initially lost close to 20kg. Was a bit overweight. To me it made the world of difference, and when I smoke now, I dont get tired and lethargic, it has a different effect on my brain when it doesnt have to contend with carbs/sugars. It was like a new lease on life for me. 

That said, I dont let travel stop my habits. I travel regularly for business all over the country and into africa, and always take something to smoke. I have undetectable methods to get past security etc. That said, they do not check locally at all. I go through security with bud in my pockets its that lax. have been for 10 years now. I guess if it was harder I would have regular detox sessions, but hell no. One needs weed in those places, makes it so much more enjoyable, especially after work.