Bho attempt

Kingbong

I've tasted sum cheese bho/shatter from cpt over the last week and damn its lekka. So now I gta try and make my own.. I've acquired an old boken lab measuring cylinder. Drilled a small hole at the base so that one of the butane nozzles can fit. This is the end product of the extractor.. As I progress I will update my experience. Does anybody know more or less how much cans of butane am I gna need for a tube this size.. Any advice welcome..a2959598e8ab7bf45a038c20c4d9863c.jpg9fae298f08b4cf8318f7c877f965338c.jpg

From what I know it varies depending if you are using trim or bud. I think it comes down to how much oil there is for you to actually extract from the material you use. When the liquid coming out runs clean and clear then you know you done....Maybe have 2-3 just in case....? 

Made it once and we had an about 20g outdoor and used one can...dont think it wasnt finished and our cylinder was smaller than that

This is jus to give it a go altho I'm not sure how I wil purge it cs I have no vac and its gna need a lot of bud.. Myt jus go for a smaller tube and make a small amount so I cn purge it in hot water. Dats been said to work well in small quantities of extract

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Guest kimcarsons

On the other hand. If you NEED to use that piece, just get a few sheets of wet/dry sandpaper and fillet (round) the sharp edge on the broken base. Aim for a radius of 3mm.

It should be good for a few uses.

Bad advice.

http://vapestore.co.za/other-stuff/bho-glass-tube The guy who owns the site use to be active on the weed.co.za forum

Good advice.

Guest kimcarsons

IMO this topic should be trashed. Poor extraction methods only lead to burning hair and crying children. Skolley, play as you will, but I don't think you should encourage/advise on something you clearly know very little about. You are an adult. Act like one and stfu when you don't know what you're talking about.

Guest kimcarsons

Skolley at least point out ALL the facts. Like that the cylinder breaking IS NOT THE MAIN CONCERN. When working with any flammable, it is highly recommended to use equipment designed for said purpose and always follow safety precautions. Butane in the atmosphere is highly flammable and should your vessel decide to direct the flow in any direction other than what you have intended, you are immediately compromising your safety. Simple as. No fear mongering, no masturbatory opi. Straight "facts" as you say. Oxygen, Hydrocarbons and an ignition source will result in flames and tears. Apply your logic to something like electricity. Wire it poorly and it might have nothing to do with any of the components or mechanism, simply a real world situation in which the theoretical limit of probability is met and you melt those golden locks right into the bone.

• 1 month later...

Tanx. I used 3g of dry bud and dat wat u c on d blade is wat I got out.. I tink I could of gotten more tho. Didn't run alot of butane, when I took off the coffee filter I seen alot of wat looked like kief.. Wil do another run wit one of the bigger tubes to c wat I cn get out but apparently the more u extract is proportional to the more the need for a vacuum purging set up. 

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Guest kimcarsons

No. you can run kilos of tane through your material, all that you'll do is waste tane. Run the tane till it goes clear, then it is done. Purge on a low heat for a loooong time. Read up on boiling temps of the tane to decide on your sweet spot. Also remember that butane is the least of the issues with residue. It is usually the heavier mercaptans that stay behind. Keep it clean, keep it simple and don't try reinvent an already obsolete technique.