60cm X 60cm X 120cm Cabinet

Guest Totemic

Been busy with a DIY project that would suit my needs for a small scrog cabinet.

Got 2 X 10cm 220v fans venting the cab, with passive inlet. the 250w ballast running the light is housed inside the extraction box, and is thus actively cooled by the vent fans.  :-rolled

Besides a few light leaks that i need to resolve, this cab is good to go and will be running a scrog in the next few days.  :-puffin

dnsKERf.jpg

As it is I have way too little time to get everything done that needs to get done. I built this cab in my spare time taking an hour here and an hour there, over a period of 3 months.

I like posting my cabs up to inspire others, as I know how difficult it can be to figure out how to build something.

Haha, the neatness is thanks only to my severe OCD. If I'm going to waste energy doing something, I might as well do it as best possible.  :-puffin

Loose wiring is one of the things I hate, and that's why the whole circuit is basically is behind both ventilation boxes.

:-peace

Yeah I do have a fan that will be circulating the air inside.

It's a 250w, which is perfect for this size cabinet, as far as light footprint, and temperature. My 600w cabinet is starting to hit 29-30 degrees already, and next on my list of gear is definitely a cooltube for it.  So far the ambient temp at canopy height under the 250w I'm seeing 25 degrees.

So I've been busy this weekend, and since I'd like to run this cab in day light hours if necessary, and with the summer month's still ahead of us, I decided to convert my wing reflector into a cooled hood. Took me about 6 solid hours of work, and about R400 in parts. So far, I'm really happy.  :-puffin

ifxPJcE.jpg

4TtA3fo.jpg

wcF3kv0.jpg

• Like 1

Where do you get your 220v fans and how much are they?

I do a lot of my hardware shopping at Brights Hardware as they are just the most convenient for me. At Brights these fans are R130 each.

You will also find these fans at Voltex or any other electrical suppliers.

Fucking A grade work bud!!!

Shot. But lets see if I can get this DIY setup to do what I want it to. Got an Indica dominant hybrid with tight noding that I want to scrog. I'd like to see 150g + harvests from the setup which I'm sure should be easy. Total draw on the cabinet is only 380w, which is great on the electricity bill hey.

Id like to see how much ul yield please log as well as what tempretures an humidity u reach in your box.

I will be running a log, and recording temps etc.  :-puffin

An y still struggle with electric????

I have way too much that keeps me awake nights already. When it comes to electricity I don't mess with it any more than is absolutely necessary, and even then safety first hey. Would hate to burn down my house.

Completely understandable my bad.....i build an design solar panels tho i am working on a project to help us in our growing indoors an outdoor hydro i was a part of the team that did the solar farm in france a 40GW solar plant i also built a solar car with students of the Mandela university with VW drivetrain so for the record we dont need eskom a solar an wind turbine plant could power the whole W.C this could of been done 15 years ago the technology was available its al about the MONEY  eskom is a part of the crooked an corruption in the world lol puffed some good super cheese hydro now...blessed all

So the cabinet has been running for 24 hours, and today was rather hot in CT, but the temperature at 15:30 was 29 in the cab. Humidity was at 33% which is a bit low for veg, but still doable, and will work well for flower.  :-puffin

All I still need to do is put the scrog net together.

OHtD1ve.jpg

• 1 month later...

wcF3kv0.jpg

Do you have an intake hole for your hood? Or only exhaust? Im busy building my cab. My hood will be very similar to yours (400w HID). For the heat would you suggest an intake hose from outside the cab? Cool air coming into the hood via a 8cm fan venting hot air out the exhaust.  :poke

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That DIY hood is something else, 10/10, any construction pics available or can you do a tutorial for us please?

I don't have any pics of while I was putting it all together. It just happened kinda fast.  :-hilarious  One minute I was sitting smoking a joint, and the next minute it was complete.

I will however be making another one, and will document that.

:-puffin

• 1 month later...

So the cabinet has been running for 24 hours, and today was rather hot in CT, but the temperature at 15:30 was 29 in the cab. Humidity was at 33% which is a bit low for veg, but still doable, and will work well for flower.  :-puffin

Hi Totemic

I bought this cab from you back in December. Thanks again :-gthumb

I had it run from 8pm till 12 noon but the temp I get goes as high as 35 degrees.

The cab is in a normal size room by the window.

Can you (or anybody) perhaps give me any tips to get the temp down a bit that does not involve any rebuilding. Im not the DIY type of guy lol  :-blazed

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.