Why Seven Hundred and Ten is my favorite number...

Guest OnlyTheGood

It's called rosin tech..

From what I've seen it's the best way to preserve flavours but you have to do a lot of work to get a small yield unless you use a t shirt press and use up to 10g at a time, broken into smaller pieces.

I've have tried, but had no success. So still playing with different presses and temps and materials...

Anyone else tried it and maybe succeeded?

Guest OnlyTheGood

Definitely intriguing, the Rosin tech has been around in a somewhat more rudimentary form for a long time, recently the methodology seems to have received some much deserved attention and refinement.

It's awesome to be able to extract a proper full melt oil without  using any water or solvents, but I am a little worried that the heat may damage sensitive terpenes and it is definitely ill suited to anything other than very small amounts..

Here's some shatter that took a knock and, well, lived up to it's name:

8cv333S.jpg

0kto8QV.jpg

2DqbAqF.jpg 

Sunlight makes for some epic photos of hash I have always found..

Guest OnlyTheGood

It's lab grade PTFE, Vapestore.co.za is the South African distributor. I'm pretty sure it could be found cheaper without the branding if one was to put in a little extra effort..

Guest OnlyTheGood

Are any of those things applicable to PTFE sheeting? (obviously it has a thickness lol, of which I'm not sure)

I don't think one can buy different micron sizes, or solvent would run through it, it must all be small enough to be solid unless viewed under extreme magnification..

EDIT: I had a look to see if thickness information was available online, no luck..

Reason being is that I can get it  per running meter in either 0.26/0.50/ 1.0mm

So now what you say comes into play. As long as it doesn't leak it's all good.  The thickness would pay a role in what you can do with it...

But all good I'll buy some waxy PTFE and compare..

Guest OnlyTheGood

I think thicker is probably better, the Oilslick PTFE is seems slightly thinner/weaker than the waxy, had a couple pieces tear on me when peeling off shatter. 1mm I rate, thicker will probably hold the form you shape it into better as well.

What does it cost you per m?

Do you know how wide the roll is?

Nice one smokey..

And so is that all you got?

What did you use as a tube?

Nice light colour, I take it was a nug run.?

Keep at it and share your smoke report please

@OTG- It comes in a 1200 wide and price per M depends on the Thickness

0.25mm @ R200 p/m

0.50mm @ R400 p/m

1mm      @ R800 p/m

All prices Ex

Greetz,

im still learning the ropes to sorry if I posted this incorrectly mods.

this was a 1st attempt at Making Concentrate and its was a stellar Success! Pity I dont have an infinite supply... I used:

- Glass Concentrate xtraction Tube (Volume: 125ml Length: 25cm Diameter: 3cm)

- Newport Butane

- 2 coffee filters

Used a decent local strain and yielded about 1.4G from about 20g dry ground material.  Very happy with the outcome, Unfortunately finished it in  a bit over a week...

1.thumb.jpg.fc2c9ee567e360b2ddb09423201cfe15.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.27eb449f45534464232674840d4eadcc.jpg

Well done SB. I so glad to see people sharing there runs.

May I ask what you blasted onto? was is being heated or did you do a cold run?

And where did you get the tube, share so more people are inclined to learn about it.

You say descent local strain, was it a Swazi? Making some "swabs" lol I've tasted some very very tasty swabs before. so not putting it down.. at all. Infact a vast majority of dabs that will become available will be made from swazi. They be extracting in Swazi.....

Awe

Well done SB. I so glad to see people sharing there runs.

May I ask what you blasted onto? was is being heated or did you do a cold run?

And where did you get the tube, share so more people are inclined to learn about it.

You say descent local strain, was it a Swazi? Making some "swabs" lol I've tasted some very very tasty swabs before. so not putting it down.. at all. Infact a vast majority of dabs that will become available will be made from swazi. They be extracting in Swazi.....

Awe

Used Two Glass dishes. Did the blast outside and left them for about 5 mins to get the temps leveled them moved the two glass dishes into a bigger dish with hot (not boiling) water and had that boil off.

Then it sat for about 24 hours and I scraped!

Yess indeed it was some swabs! But I have to say this is a really good grade, better than what some oakes in PTA (not putting anyone down here...) call High grade greenhouse or indoor.

And so how did it smoke? Any crackle?

What did you smoke it on?

It was AAAAAAWEEESOME!!! no Crackle.

I smoked it clean on a Glass dome (Engineered my MWa)

On a bed of Erb,

And continued to vape the rest with my Da Buddha Vape.

• 2 months later...

Definitely intriguing, the Rosin tech has been around in a somewhat more rudimentary form for a long time, recently the methodology seems to have received some much deserved attention and refinement.

It's awesome to be able to extract a proper full melt oil without  using any water or solvents, but I am a little worried that the heat may damage sensitive terpenes and it is definitely ill suited to anything other than very small amounts..

Here's some shatter that took a knock and, well, lived up to it's name:

8cv333S.jpg

0kto8QV.jpg

2DqbAqF.jpg

Sunlight makes for some epic photos of hash I have always found..

That looks like gold crack. Amazing. Rosin is definetly taking the world by storm. Thank god, BHO was killing me. What you think the percentage of zol is in there? hehe

Personally i only use bubble, looking at 5 fresh bags right now to my right. I think the fashion of cannabis will all swing back to organic and using non destructive processes like water. Glad you stuck to bubble hash, rather than last years BHO and this years ROSIN fashion statements.

• Like 1

Guest OnlyTheGood

I've been smoking BHO relatively consistently for about 10 years now, and I have no health complaints.

Bubble is nice, but the inevitable plant matter contaminants make it decidedly less well suited to dabbing that solvent extracts in my humble opinion.

Rosin is an old tech that people have recently hailed as the second coming of Christ lol.

I'm a little confused by your question Jacks, can you clarify what you mean when you ask what percentage of "zol" is in there?

Also, your comment makes me think that you are presuming the above photo of properly purged BHO to be rosin, which it isn't 

;)

Hi bud

That's the beauty it life is we all different and like different things . bho does it for you and bubble does it for me , There is nothing wrong with either of the techniques.

All I want to say is that not all bubble hash has lots of contaminate in it. I personally do a first run on a vibrating table so very very little plant matter gets broken down and the product comes out at about 99% pure. When I do my next bubble run I will take a few macro pics. The bubble hash I have recently been making is full melt and once heat is added looks and burns just like bho with no residue.

Maybe one day we can sit down and I can try your bho and ypu can try my bubble :thumbups if ypu have a look at the pic from a few runs ago you will see very very  little contaminate  (still wet) the few Greens spots is all the contaminate. In the end you are right that bubble will always have a little contaminate but for me personally I enjoy it more

What I think jacks was asking is what your ratio of bud to bho you get on average since it does change from strain to strain.

Cheers

GLO

IMG_20151015_000803.thumb.jpg.6d203e32165106d55d8cff6fdf1cba80.jpg