Aeroponic cloning

Toby

Hi Guys,

I have normally done the peat pellets way for my cloning purposes. I have read and have seen input from members here that the aeroponics route, roots quicker. 

I have build a DIY aeroponics cloner. Its currently been running a week with no root indications.

With the cold weather we having will the res temp influence the rate of developing roots? Just using my finger as as gauge the water is quite cold.

Should I use the heater to get it up to 22 degrees Celsius to help along the process? I have been using plain dechlorinated water with no nutrients or hormones. The clones are under a 10w led grow light.

Any input on this matter will be highly appreciated?

Guest Maxwell

Aero or a bubbler? Aero need to have nice fine mist, else it takes just as long. Also the water needs to be comfortable, but so does the ambient temperature, warm water in a cold environment won't make much difference. As Reaf says, the aquarium heaters are dud, you'll need to monitor them.

• 2 months later...

I have used an 2L ice cream wit an airstone n lid cut for net pots... afta about 7days I had little to no toots but afta day 8 roots started shooting like mad.... once I dip clones in rooting gel I have them submerged in the water wit airstone on 24/7... even without the airstone afta about 10days jus havin a clone water it wil start rooting....