Unknown Intruder

DeltaLabs

Hello every1

Today i spotted  a little dot inspecting one of my balcony plants, freaked out and kill them all(plants), fearing they could crawl in and infest my indoor garden. Will inspect further to see if i find any inside.

Any1 know this F*%?

20150505_125315.thumb.jpg.0ca0896ccf2cef33d2f085dd5855cc7c.jpg

Guest kaiju

Looks like scale bugs

They start off like that and then become ........ well they look like scales moving up your plant or clumped together. They suck the sap out of your plants and basically stop all nutrient uptake so your plants die from basically being starved to death and all the goodness sucked out of them.

http://www.efekto.co.za/shop/garden-protection-insecticides/malasol/

This stuff gets rid of them you pour it into the soil or medium and the plant absorbs it and the scale bugs suck it up and die.

scale_bug.jpg.0352c79e2ace2615a653cb49ea42f3a0.jpg

Parthenolecanium_corni_a1.jpg.fd1bcbb1ea2d3246a029483e7e79c757.jpg

Thanks a lot brother. that is definitely the culprit, little sucker.

found it on a plant i was trying to reveg on the balcony with the help of cfl till midnight. Since that`s where the intake air for the indoor garden comes from, I freaked out, cleared the place and sprayed pyrol all over  it yesterday.  Tonight will do a thorough search inside.

I live far from SA and sourcing stuff locally is a pain in da &@T, I`ll look around for Malasol or something with the same active ingredient.

:-peace

Shot Reaf, i will probably have to engineer some diy filters. sourcing fancy stuff here is impossible.

Any suggestion on an easy yet effective filter i can make? My intakes are 3 x 6` ducting,  each with a 12v pc fan. pulling air from the room where the... diy grow tent is... :-puffin

Glad u mentioned it. i was about to make a new post asking about neem oil,

Was just now reading Guide To Pest Control « on: September 08, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »

I do have the biogrow neem oil, you believe i should apply it once a week? Do i start from seedlings? do i apply throughout  the entire veg state? and how long into flowering?

im really newb at this

Seedlings I would go half strength. Maybe also only after about a month from when they popped. 

Then use weekly up till start of flower, you shouldn't use anything in flower.

That's why spraying during veg will keep most bugs out and they don't get a chance for survivaI or to breed.