Organic Pest controll

Dabtzar

:poke :poke :poke

Hi all

OK so this topic is for us to share any and all organic pest controll measures you know of. whether you have tried them or not, and then we can also discuss the outcomes.

Im particularly looking for preventative measures in flower. and also a maintenance programme for veg. all for Outdoors.

Been working on an IPM integrated pest management programme this season.

Basically you don't want to spray anything during flower, you want to get the plant so strong and the bugs very gone by the time it goes to flower. Although that is very difficult outside.

I have been following buildasoil who get a lot of their knowledge from clackamass coot.

I am working on a weekly neem spray and then mixing some beauveria bassiana and trichoderma in, both are beneficial microbes.

Aloe is also good as it contains salicylic acid and saponins. Salicylic acid kicks in a plants SAR systemic aquired resistance which is the plants defence system.

I want to spray once a week with neem and other bought products and then my own homemade pesticides from ferments.

Guest Maxwell

Never tried it but I think it's more effective as a foliar.

Some literature out there saying a drench will allow the plant to take up the neem and use it as part of her defense. I've found beneficial organism teas and mixes are also amazing for pest control!