Advice needed on ballast wiring plz!

ajcapetown

Hey All

About 8 months ago I bought a "dimmable digital ballast from hortishop in cape town. When I collected it I asked how to dim it and wasn't given any answers except connect it and it will run at 600 watts...

Anyway a friend was at my place yesterday and told me his 400 watt light is brighter than mine. We measured it and its putting out 40000 lumen... not even half of what it should be for a 600 watt.

To me it is as if it is running at about 250 watts and I can only think that maybe because it is dimmable it is set on the lowest setting by default. The bulb is still fairly new, only the second grow and the cable from the ballast to bulb is 1.5 meters.

The ballast has no dimming switches or dials on it. It has 4 cables coming out of it.. Live, Earth, Neutral and then a White cable which is labelled "dimming"

The bulb side has a black and white cable which I then connected to the reflector as live/neutral.

When I collected it I asked if that white cable should be connected to a controller so that I can set the dimming on it but wasn't given an answer and was told I could check a lighting or electrical shop. I shouldn't have actually accepted it but I was so excited to get it home and just thought it would run at 600 watts. The white cable was taped up and I forgot about it.

Do any of you have a ballast like this or know how/what needs to be done to get it working like it should?

Thanks!

image1.thumb.JPG.d24b614441de4163d2e38806b1749aea.JPG

• 1 month later...