Grow tents

Guest grunterfish86

Guest grunterfish86

Hi all

Need some advise please with regards  to tents, does anyone here grow in one and what size ? Will be using it to flower in probably with a 600w

is a 80x80x180 a waist of time, how many plants could you squeeze in there  would it be better to pay a little more and get the 150x150x200

Hope you can help me with this decision?

Thanks!!!

Guest Maxwell

I'd say it's a waste in such a small space, too much heat. Go for at least 1.2/1.2 floor area. You can do 4 solid brutes under one 600 or 8 smaller plants.

I'm growing in a 150x150 tent right now. My plan is to have 6 medium sized plants flowering under a 600w in it. You could even have 2 reflectors in the tent with 2x400w if you wanted to, I reckon that would be ideal for the tent actually.

If you have the space to accommodate the 150x150 then get it, it's much better suited to a 600w than an 80x80

Guest Maxwell

At the moment my bloom set-up consists of 2400w of lights over a 3/2 area, with 10" extraction and air-cooled tubes running off an 8" fan. I'd say go 8" for extraction for sure. As for the tent size, I assume you're referring to the one GTH sells? I'd put two 400w in that one. Better spread for sure. As for pot sizes, depends what kind technique, for organics go a minimum of 10L, but better 15L. Hydro around 10L will be fine.  :-peace

Guest Maxwell

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha  :-hilarious Like I have money to throw out on a pair of sunnies for my lights  :-hilarious I just suck it up like everyone did before these glasses came out  :-hilarious As for cool-tubes, not much choice there, one fan is what can be done, and so it is all that I can do.

Guest Maxwell

I have both and honestly recon digital are worth the lay-out, however if the cash doesn't exist, build one yourself. My home-made ones are still kicking after years of abuse and pretty easy to fix. Imo either buy digital first up, or build em yourself. The in between option seems silly to me.  :-peace

Guest Maxwell

Hahaha I ment how is it actually put together but I get the drift of making it work lol whats you advise on magnetic vs digital ballasts ? Thanks for letting me pick your brain !

The one fan sucks air from a window and pushes it through the tubes and out through the ceiling. The exhaust pulls through a filter and out through the ceiling. That's all that needs to be done.  :yipeeee

Guest Maxwell

It is good practice but I have sucked through tubes plenty. Long term you just jeopardise your fan, and ofc it could be a fire hazard...  :-hilarious But loads of people do it...

Guest Maxwell

Then it won't be possible. No train smash, just suck through your fan and out the filter. You won't melt the fan and if you use a cooled hood, just leave one side open to exhaust the tent. It is very common practice and how I did it before. More lights = More heat, then it becomes an issue.  :-peace

Guest Maxwell

Thanks man,

Would having the filter in the tent not create enough pull ?

The 240x120x205 has two ports, would two 6inch fans be enough for a space that size, if I did the  separate vent setup ? The extra space would be nice for fans and dehumidifier and its not much more rands

Edit: Ugh, actually I did sound like a salesman. Perhaps I need to find another job, I live in the dream world of what I "could one day grow with this stuff" Anyone else get waaaaaaay to sick of being online so often? I mean it pays the bills, but at what cost?  :cursing:-hilarious

Guest Maxwell

Yeah Hydro-Herb is also a good place to look!  :fish I can only barely stand being within 100km of that whole city that I try venture into as little/whatever is the most convenient as possible. I've always had good service from HHA and they stock so many "hard-to-finds". - Thanks for the reminder, I need to order some more DE. If you guys aren't using it in your house, you really should at least try - I recon always bargain hunt, but you always want to have some recourse, should something go wrong. IMO it basically always comes down to price, most of the things one can buy are generic anyway and at worst, source-able yourself. But I am running out of fingers for the number of belly-up "hydroponic stores" I have seen. All I want it to be able to look at someone and have the simple shit explained to me  :-puffin

Edit: FFS, I didn't actually respond to your questions  :sillyass :sillyass Apologies. I recon 1000w is largely a fools game. I debated endlessly between 1000w and 600w and at the end of the day I just couldn't stretch myself any further. I settled for 600 and I can't say I am unhappy. Compared to the fire hazards I was using previously, I am well chuffed. But I always look at what the "professionals" say. They recon more light is better, to a point. Providing you can provide a good environment, the only limiting factor will be CO2, and so I figure always go for more light where possible. Largely I think you will see more of your money in your bud, when invested in better light vs CO2. (Say you have 3ft by 3ft and only 400w of light. I'd recon you see more for your money if invested in another 400w rather than CO2) Every time I see 1000w 'ers in videos, there are always A/C units and mostly CO2. If you use 600w 'ers you can blow the shit out of a smaller space or get reasonable results over a larger. The 1000w just doesn't seem practical or cost effective. 400w seem to be a little weak for larger areas, but good for 3ft x 3ft for sure!