Propagation / clone cab

Guest grunterfish86

Guest grunterfish86

Good evening fellow potheads

hahahahaha

such a funny stigma that ey ? I've never been this diy hands on building stuff in my life, since starting this hobbie !

Aaaanyway please throw some advise my way on this project I'm currently busy with.

Top shelf for humidity dome, bottom left for small seedlings and right hand side shelf is removable for space, its will only have CFLs this will only house new cuttings / seedlings. Do you think this will be OK ?

AIR

What type of ventilation should I look at ? I know clones like high humidity? Will 12v  PC fans be enough (the big ones) and how many with just passive in plus where should I mount ? Will have a small clip fan clipped upper right hand corner as well

LIGHTS

Already have the T5s mounted on the roof, was thinking of a 64w bottom left and 85w top right ?

What am I missing ? What do you guys think ?

Was thinking about insulation padding around the humidity dome area ?

That's all, thanks and good evening.

Sleep tight

Peace !!!!

Guest Maxwell

Looks like a nice box to work with! Imo you should use tubes throughout, get good wide coverage. CFL's give off a kak spread and I think the flat even light from tubes is better suited for propagation. Looking forward to the outcome!  :-gthumb

Nice one TK. WRT to question on air. As you suggested a 10/12cm pc fan should work. Look at the 220v ones, less wiring, IMHO. Also consider an oscillating fan for some air movement. I see Clicks is running a special, 30% off all their fans till 02/02/15.

Looking forward to your updates. :-peace

Cool found a smaller cfl tube, the 22v coaxials are very pricy gonna just use the PC fans, how did you light proof the fans Toby ?

I first cover it up with fine metal mesh and then I used industrial air filters. You can use extractor hood filters (the one you use in the kitchen), really cheap to cover it up too. Some stretched material can do the trick.  :-2cents

See below (apologies for the bad pic)

WKRaAg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Maxwell

Sorry. Busy busy.... ah I have found those nutes don't store well. Try get something fresh. Looks like deficiency coupled with heat. Take em out for a little sunshine perhaps? Give them plenty fresh but humid air and keep the nutes low until you see further def or improvement.  :-peace

• 2 months later...
Guest spootch

My cab in action !

349558229839dfc9c3463671e838153e.jpg

My first cloning attempt went pretty well 3 outta four took !!!!

3edb9f40417497270c78e54e625594c0.jpg

Humbolts Blue Dream

Only seen cfl 85w plus 2x 32w tubes

Fimmed n lsted

Rockwool cube n coco

87d0aacc2cd9d9c88edca2f63463cc3a.jpg

Totemics genetics

JHxNL

Organic

now outside flowering

44c6f4b40f269f4a6d579f17da0345f7.jpg

e533e4069d6f085bbc6bf82868fb2491.jpg