Holy Smoke Seeds for sale on GSR

420SA

This is by no means advertising for both parties involved, it's purely out of interest  :-puffin

I found out through FB that Holy Smoke Seeds are selling their strains through GSR. I'm currently growing one of their strains and been doing some reading up on them, turns out they're quite well reputed and have won a few awards.

Some of you may know that Holy Smoke originally started in SA and then moved over to Europe.

Any thoughts on this new addition to GSR's range? Seeing as Holy Smoke has granted this operation would you be more inclined to buy those genetics from GSR?  8-)

Guest Maxwell

GSR doesn't exactly instill confidence in my mind, beyond that, HSS seem to have poor hybrids. I've seen more parental heritage than true hybrids. The pheno's look like they lean heavily toward one side as opposed to being real crosses.

Guest Maxwell

Since you seem to be on first name basis with this company, why don't you suggest some testers get sent down  :poke  :-hilarious I'd love to have my opinion changed!

Hi All.... Well its a pleasurE joining the forum and discussion ..Im Nick from Holy Smoke Seeds -so fire away if u have any questions etc..@Maxwell the art of breeding involves knowing which traits to elimainate and which to hopefully propogate ,the initial F1 breeding (paring) will give u a fair spread between the parents ina range of 16 plants expressing traits between the parents ...true breeding then should allways have an aim in mind an end result  .. so we look to enhance certain more productive traits and iron out the lessser usefull ones ..the more we inbreed those traits the more homogenised they become ensuring time and time again they produce the required results /.. its lazy breeding to just stop at the f1 stage where no traits have been grounded as said characteristics ,..so when strains look like they express parental tendencies more than likely its taken some breeding to ensure this ..its actually a sign of a lot of true breeding ...whereas a strain expressing neither traits really of either parents well there progency will allways give rise to much variation which is then not a true and stable strain u might like to rely on etc ..to produce the same results time and time again /..and then prob not so good if u fancy breeding with it either as it will show such a range of unstable traits .... hope that helps explain a biT

GSR doesn't exactly instill confidence in my mind, beyond that, HSS seem to have poor hybrids. I've seen more parental heritage than true hybrids. The pheno's look like they lean heavily toward one side as opposed to being real crosses.

Our Strawberry Diesel is a hard onE to get a hold of / impossible to keep on the shelf -they literally fly grab em if u get a chance cause somebody else will.....really the demand for them far outweighs our ability to producE them .... the issues of keeping small and independant !

Guest kimcarsons

Here are some snaps of my HSS BBTW, unfortunately nothing too informative or comprehensive... I can't find my pictures of the Kong three leaf seedling...

Blueberry Trainwreck, displaying classic BB traits.

HSSBBTW_zps87b546e4.jpg

20141024_103158_zps575c60e3.jpg

Indica_zpsccd2284b.jpg

Guest kimcarsons

Thanks HSS.  :thumbups I'll try unearth some more pics. She was a treat to grow for sure! So resilient and sturdy. She definitely needed to be topped and I had to spread her branches in flower, the plant was just so dense. She couldn't have stretched more than 10cm in flower. She enjoyed the rich soil and showed no signs of burn where some of the other hybrids were. Crystal production started really early and she had distinct berry/fruity notes. She cloned a little slowly but once rooted in the veg cycle she kicked off wonderfully!

:-peace

• 2 years later...