Curing Jars

Stinger96

Well, I read a few reviews on curing jars and seems if you want it, you hafe to pay for it.. big time.

The thing is... wat do a personal user want and? What is your need and what are you willing to spend...

Me, I want to know I'm not loosing anny of the good stuff by jars that do not seal tight ext ext..

Below coppied from SA Stoners web site as reference.

Ultimate Jar Showdown: CVault VS Mypharmjar VS Consol

user picture
Submitted by SAStoners.com on Wed, 04/24/2019 - 13:38
Ultimate Jar Showdown

I have been a bit of a jar-nut of late, trying to find the best way to cure my buds! In an effort to find the best jar, I have actually ended up using 3 different types which I am going to discuss in this post. Most of these jars are a bit pricey, but the price is very much justified.

0. Consol Jar

consol_1.jpg?itok=CcWD6mvj

The Consol jars are very affordable. You are looking at spending about R50 per 1-liter jar and they can certainly do the job. However, I have found that unless you screw these really tight, they aren't as airtight as the other containers. Then to open them after screwing them so tightly can be difficult!

The Consol jars are see-through, which means light can come in. Not the end of the world if you can keep your jars in a cupboard, but certainly not ideal if you are going to be keeping the jars somewhere where light may shine on it. Try to avoid this in general, because light will degrade your stash.

If you are looking for the most affordable jar that can still get the curing done, this is the jar for you. 

1. CVault

cvaultHolding.jpg?itok=WxVcY1Y7

I recently did a thorough review of this awesome container and I can certainly say it has significant advantages over the Consol Jar.

The CVault is stainless steel, which not only means that it is more durable than it's glass competitor, but it also keeps out the sunlight!

The CVault is also significantly more airtight. I immediately noticed a decrease in the humidity on my hygrometer, which I didn't see often with the Consol jars. 

2. Mypharmjar Tall Jar with Sensor

1-liter-sensor-cropped.jpg?itok=dZlKqe5K

The built-in hygrometer and thermometer is a huge plus and the Mypharmjar is also light-proof. But it does not have a spot for humidity packs. You can easily throw the humidity packs in with your buds, but I quite like that the CVault has a spot specifically for this.

The other downside is also the shape. The CVault is more open and easier to get to your buds. The tall shape of the MyPharmJar makes it difficult to reach all the way to the bottom. But with the built-in hygrometer, you have the benefit of not having to add a hygrometer yourself!

So which one is the best? This table should make it easy to decide:

Consol Jar CVault MyPharmJar
Price for 1 Liter R 59 R 700 R 700
Airtight 3/5 5/5 5/5
Light Resistant 0% 100% 100%
Shape Long and Tall / Semi-cramped Long adn Tall / Cramped Wide and Spacious
Material Glass Stainless Steel 100% Biophotonic Miron Glass
Durability 1/5 5/5 3/5
Built-in Hygrometer No No Yes
Built-in Thermometer No No Yes
Humidity Pack Slot No Yes No

Hope its ok to use your info @SAStoner

Not much choice.. in the lower end of the scale.

So what about the consol jar with a hygrometer..?

IMG-20190516-WA0030.thumb.jpg.01121c00c65c5f93d21f5171b30035f9.jpg

Any other you personal growers use or prefer?

Please share.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @Stinger96. The problem is you usually harvest more than a 1 liter containers can take from one tree, I also like to have some variety on hand so there is a few more jars so you end up using more than just a couple, now imagine R700 x 5 or 6... And that is why I end up using console jars with a humidity pack thrown in... Would love to have 6 of those expensive ones though 😊

• Agree 1

True that.. The consol jar with hygrometer is R290 so that is a bit more reasonable. I use smaller jars for the variety. And then keep the bulk in the 1l bottels. That which does not fit I make bubble hash and plan to make oil. R290 a bottel I would say is a good investment.

:-peace

59 minutes ago, Stoukie said:

So between jars with screw on tops or flip open tops what would you say is best, which seal better I mean?

I find that the screw on is better. But it will also depend on the quality of the fliptop container. The consol jars I use have strenthened lids to take the hygrometer and a improved seal. I'm happy. 

:-peace

• Agree 1

I plan on using console jars and adding the hygrometer myself to the lids with some food grade silicone. Will add a Boveda as well to the jars.

The cvaults and such are just too expensive if you're harvesting a lot of bud.

I'm thinking the Console canning jars.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1