Bad Mix?

Kgrows

Mixed some kelpak with biobizz fishmix for a first feed, at a very low concentration 1ml FM & 2ml kelpak in 5L water. The two seemed to react to each other, what seemed like a bacterial bloom of some sort, or something else, biological not chemical. I'm fairly new to organic growing so i dont know if this was my mistake? Need to do some reading.

Either way, i watered the ladies below with this before the reaction took place in what was left of the mix, next morning they looked fine, that afternoon, the plants were burnt, cotyledons first. Quickly removed them from their germ medium & put into seedling starter & watered with fresh ph'd water. They're growing nicely again, but have been stunted, hope i can overcome the issue in the long run.

Main question being, why did the two react? & has anyone else seen this happen?

20190609_104618 copy.jpg

20190609_104628 copy.jpg

20190609_104641.jpg

• Sad 1

i thought it shouldn't be an issue, have no idea what happened. they were about 2 weeks old already. I dont think that was the issue though. I'll do another mixture this afternoon & leave it for a bit to see what happens before i water again, maybe something in the water. I use carbon filtered tap water that sits at about 80ppm.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, greenkush said:

Are you giving the soil ample time to dry out?

Yeah, I'd say go easy on the watering, start with quarter-strength nutrients once they look like they've recovered/are growing again

Also, you said you were using a coco-perlite mixture? Buffered, but perhaps not flushed sufficiently... Some coco coir can be very high in salts - even if buffered - prior to a good triple flush.

🍁

@greenkush i did yes, but the issue happened before i moved to soil.  @Hornygoatsweed i did flush the coco sufficiently, started at 80ppm to match my water, & buffered with calmag to 230ppm. first feed at about 1/5 of nutes. the mixture i talk about above, developed what looked like a jellyfish, almost over night, stank like sulphur etc, so there was a defs bad reaction there.

Update on this though, i made the same mixture that reacted, but didnt get any reaction this time. so i'm guessing that something in the mix had been contaminated, either the bottle i mixed it in or the measuring tools. cleaned everything in H2O2 solution