Shaun

17 minutes ago, Master_G said:

I used tap water I left standing for 24 hrs and ph'ed the water to 5.8-6.0 ish. 

I suppose it's a bit like. It doesnt harm to do it so yeah.. no harm no foul I guess?

Great stuff thanks again to everyone for the advise 

I keep a big bucket of water (roughly 150l at a time) and leave it to stand for at least 24 hours before using it... this way i always have water to feed or just top up my res.

I use mycorhizzal fungi as well as a select few other microbacteria's in my DWC setup and must tell you that leaving the water to stand is imperative to the health of your microbes.

The problem is not the fresh tap water... but rather what it does to your micro life.. kills them quick... and they dont have a funeral service so they just rot where they die. And that is what causes poor results at the root zone.

i have tried going the sterile route and have never had any success until i used microbes and water that has stood for a few days..

Sorry for the potato post! hope this helps you in some way!

1 hour ago, CreX said:

I keep a big bucket of water (roughly 150l at a time) and leave it to stand for at least 24 hours before using it... this way i always have water to feed or just top up my res.

I use mycorhizzal fungi as well as a select few other microbacteria's in my DWC setup and must tell you that leaving the water to stand is imperative to the health of your microbes.

The problem is not the fresh tap water... but rather what it does to your micro life.. kills them quick... and they dont have a funeral service so they just rot where they die. And that is what causes poor results at the root zone.

i have tried going the sterile route and have never had any success until i used microbes and water that has stood for a few days..

Sorry for the potato post! hope this helps you in some way!

Yes thank you I have no idea what I'm doing but eager eager to learn so any info and help is highly appreciated