New kid

LukeS

Hi All,

Unfortunately my first post on the forum, as might be the case with many before me.

I planted my seeds in October of 2018, have grown them through the season under a DIY LED which is not the strongest, so the plants grew at a very slow rate. I have since bought a tent with a 400wMH and the fans and the like, the full setup. I moved one of my plants into the tent and that is when it all went to hell.

My plant at the time was in a 10l plastic pot, with freedom farm soil and other than a few bottom leaves being unhappy due to limited light, the plant was doing pretty well.

around 19 hours after moving into the tent, it had gone completely droppy and limp. I thought it might be due to root lock as i hadn't transplanted it before moving under the much more powerful light, so i transplanted it into a 20l fabric pot about 3 days ago, the plant looks exactly the same.

I should mention, that since October i hadn't given any nutrients other than using rainwater to grow the plants - i did add empro about 3 weeks ago, which made the tips of my leaves curl almost as "Nitrogen toxicity"

I have my temperature sensor/monitor hanging from the side pocket of the tent as there was no other way to get it at plant level under the light, but with the cooltube and big exhaust fan the temps don't get very hot "by feel" - infact the room/tent is probably cooler than the ambient temperature in the house.

Now for some pics:
This is the plants under the LED, the plant on the far left is the plant i moved.

LED_1.thumb.jpeg.3731bb4b8be51e6e8c1dd1a66cf105e0.jpeg

Circled is the plant i moved:

LED_2.thumb.jpeg.bf21da8db819783cb5c9e349b29fabc2.jpeg

Approximately 19 hours after move:

820786091_AfterMove.thumb.jpeg.46257ab15207dd263803125a8c33d106.jpeg

How the plant is currently:

Current_Full.thumb.jpeg.b50248229f87c082fd2e2cd3bdb9f7b6.jpeg

Current_Close.thumb.jpeg.30f918252a0bed6cf100f4c20c85877d.jpeg

Current_Close2.thumb.jpeg.128c341228f2f0009e5ed9cc1ef54c20.jpeg

Current_Close1.thumb.jpeg.2150b762244d0d4944751c94e1bdf7fc.jpeg

I guess my questions are as follows:
1) What is currently wrong with this plant? I have cut off about 4 leaves with PWM, and suspect aswell it may be herming.

2) What did i do wrong in order to cause that, and would the same happen to my other 2 plants if i move here with the view of 1-2 weeks under MH 18/6 then flip to flower?

I have recently given her biobizz biogrow, and will continue to do so when watering (Due tomorrow)

Looking forward to hearing some positive criticism. Peace

Current_Full_Far.jpeg

Sup Luke, so initially reading I thought you might have gotten stress since moving the plant under the bigger light. However you NEED to feed freedom soil. The whole "organic" topic of freedom soil is a bit iffy. Outdoor you add a bunch of shit like worms, teas, no till. Indoor however is different, you have to feed every watering. PH the feed to 5.2-5.8. BioGrow is good for an all round veg and flowering feed, FishMix from BioBizz is lekka for vegging. Get some BioBloom for flowering. Also invest in some MicroLife, Humic and Fulvic acids from Freedom farms.

In terms of the mildew, don't feel bad I'm also having that kak atm but bought AQ-SP from JamieSoil out in Somerset. Neem is also good to buy, although it smells like sharts. I don't see an oscillating fan in that tent?? You'd want to add one of those bad boys too.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We're all here to help each other.

Another tip for feeding, print yourself out an A4 calendar for the month, you know the one that you can write on. Good for tracking feed, pH and also how old your girls are.

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Cool thanks Pat,

It would seem from your comment that my issue here could be ph.. I will get some ph down solution asap and correct that, continue adding feed and see from there if she perks up.

Thanks for the comments.

• Like 1

Cool thanks Pat,
It would seem from your comment that my issue here could be ph.. I will get some ph down solution asap and correct that, continue adding feed and see from there if she perks up.
Thanks for the comments.
Since your using organic nutes, don't buy the pH up and pH down at the hydro shop. That's for synthetic nutes. Buy yourself some lemon juice at PnP for pH down and buy Bicarb Soda, the blue box also at PnP for pH up.

The pH up and down kills off your beneficial bacteria in the soil

• Like 2

Just now, Pat999 said:

If your base is that and you add a bit of BioGrow and Microlife every feed it'll bring it down a bit. Do you have a pH pen?

I do have a pH pen yes, measured at 6.4. I didn't measure after 2ml of BioGrow

Can i add lemon juice after adding BioGrow?
Lemon juice for pH down. So add the BioGrow then mix throughly for a minute or two. Take a reading and let it settle on the pen. Then add lemon juice if the pH is too high and add Bicarb when it's too low. With the bicarb you'll see that even 1/4 TSP raises the pH alot. I mix up 24L for my flowering girls and I've never used a full teaspoon to raise the pH to the correct level. It would go way too much

• Like 1

Or...since you are doing the organic thing. Chuck the lemon, bicarb, ph pen and all and just use tap water, aged for a day and nutes added. 

I havent checked pH for years. Really not necessary with organics. The microbes create the pH they want to live in.

:-2cents

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Or...since you are doing the organic thing. Chuck the lemon, bicarb, ph pen and all and just use tap water, aged for a day and nutes added. 

I havent checked pH for years. Really not necessary with organics. The microbes create the pH they want to live in.

:-2cents

Do you not add nutes? 

Hi LukeS. I run Biobizz along with a microbial in FF soil, I feed every water and never ph. Like Totemic said the microbes will adjust and make the ph a happy zone for them to do there work.
The Bizz also drags pH down quite a bit so tap water will be good. That RO water is pretty dead and the end ph is prob realllllly low.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jland said:

Hi LukeS. I run Biobizz along with a microbial in FF soil, I feed every water and never ph. Like Totemic said the microbes will adjust and make the ph a happy zone for them to do there work.
The Bizz also drags pH down quite a bit so tap water will be good. That RO water is pretty dead and the end ph is prob realllllly low.

emoji3577.pngemoji271.png

Thank you,

What microbial are you using? I was worried about adding more than one thing to the water at the same time..

Keep it simple and steady. You don't want your watering/feeds graphing like a yoyo . Biobizz encourage feeding every water and for good reason, steady metabolism so your lady/s don't have to adjust every water/feed. She has an all you can eat menu at any time she needs/wants. All Mix feeding ratio works well with FF on a every water feeding routine.
I use a live microbial bio fertilizer at 1ml/1l along with every feed. I will share more in the product soon

• Like 1