It's been a while since we've last updated you on the progress of the 2019 Growoff's. All still well on track.

We've been finalising things behind the scenes. Getting the genetics in order, getting prize sponsors onboard, sorting logistics etc.

Here's what has been established. We welcome suggestions

Getting your seeds

Totemic Genetics has very kindly offered to sponsor his Chocolope seeds for this year's Growoff. 

A local online headshop has very kindly offered to distribute the seeds for us. You will be notified by PM on how to acquire your seeds. It will involve making a small order on the store and of course paying for the courier. You won't be paying anything for the seeds.

Prize Categories

1. Best overall plant - 1st, 2nd and 3rd
  2. Best trained plant - grower that has put their training techniques to best practice. 
  3. Best Hydro Grow
  4. Best Organic Grow
  5. Biggest Cola 
  6. Highest THC Content - 6 finalists from the Indoor Growoff and 6 finalists from the Outdoor Growoff will be selected to have their bud tested. All expenses paid. The finalist with the highest THC content will take home this prize.

Do you guys think there could be more suitable prize categories not on offer here? We can't have any more than 6 categories per Growoff.

Competition Procedure

Each club will have a tab called Growoff Diaries. It's here where you will start your own Topic(thread) and log your entry.

• You'll be sent 6 regular Totemic Genetics Chocolope seeds to grow out. You'll need to try grow out as many plants as you can to get the 1 female which you will run as your entry. 
  • You can choose to start your plant whenever you want to within the competition starting date and closing date. Indoor growers can choose whenever they want to flip to flower.  
  • Only 1 female can be chosen and you cannot switch plants. Your chosen plant will be the 1 you stick with till harvest.
  • You'll need to log all the plants you have germinated until you choose your final female which will then become the only logged plant.
  • You'll need to update your diary at least once per week, each entry has to have at least one photo. The reason for this is to ensure that we'll be following the same plants throughout.
  • For your final update before harvest please you need to have your plant alongside a tape measure and see if you can indicate the plants height in a photo with the tape measure. Overall height does not play a large factor in judging but it is nonetheless a factor. Then of course to provide as many pics at as many angles as possible before harvest.
  • To qualify for the Biggest Cola prize you'll need to have an image where a ruler or tape measure is placed in front of the cola if you'd like to enter for the prize.

Sponsors

A few sponsors are onboard. We're just finalising prizes and this will be announced soon!

Starting & Closing Dates

These haven't changed

• Germination date for the Indoor Growoff will be 25/05/19 and the deadline will be 15/10/19
  • Germination date for the Outdoor Growoff will be 18/09/19 and the deadline will be 15/06/20

Judging Panel

The judges will be:

• Myself
  • Totemic Genetics
  • Prize Sponsors

If you guys have any questions please do ask :-thumbsup

• Like 3

Hi all,

Im looking for a head count of all the Cape Town guys entering the competition. Ill be assisting with seeds distribution. Im out in the Northern Suburbs, but make often trips down south.

• Like 1

A thread has been created under the "Sign Up Here" tab for the Cape Members. Please indicate on that thread if you're from the Cape

2 minutes ago, CleanGreen said:

@Toby Count me in please 🙂 

One question... the seeds are they all feminised?

The seeds are Regular. Totemic is working on fems and will likely have next year but at present it's regular seeds

1 minute ago, 420SA said:

The seeds are Regular. Totemic is working on fems and will likely have next year but at present it's regular seeds

Thanks man... I love a gender challenge! 

The seeds have arrived at the online store :rastabanana which means you guys can very soon make those orders to get your seeds. You guys will be briefed later today 

• Like 1

GROWERS FROM THE REST OF SA

Seeds are now with the online store ready to go out. Couple technical issues with the online store that need to be sorted out before the orders can be made. Once things are ready I'll be contacting you guys via PM.

We'll most likely be extending the starting date for the indoor growoff by a week to compensate for this delay.

Waiting on confirmation from the online store that their site is working 100%. Sorry about this guys. Starting date to be moved most likely to Saturday the 25th this month

• Like 1

We're ready to get the seed orders going. I'll be contacting you guys by PM

• Like 1

Nice contest :-greenthumb is my account here too new to enter the comp? I have a grow box I could resurrect for this, nice winter project. Just thought I'd ask before entering as the welcome at the "introduction" thread is maar koud ekse. Peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Nice contest :-greenthumb is my account here too new to enter the comp? I have a grow box I could resurrect for this, nice winter project. Just thought I'd ask before entering as the welcome at the "introduction" thread is maar koud ekse. Peace

Welcome @Dank 

Anyone can enter. Just follow this link https://www.420sa.co.za/index.php?/forum/109-sign-up-here/ and sign up on your relevant board

• Like 1

Awesome community you guys have here, thanks for the welcome :-puffin

I'll head over and get signed up!

• Like 1

Here's what you could win for this year's indoor growoff ✌️ 

Flyer1--Indoor-Growoffs-2019.thumb.png.8be76f3d679242cc4aae351c1489f2b9.png

• Like 3

Challenge accepted !!! Good Luck to everyone
This is going to be ledgen-wait for it..............dary. Awesome prizes. And sponsor. Thank you @420sa

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@420SA

There is a prize category for SCROG (2.Best trained plant - grower that has put their training techniques to best practice), but no prize category for SCROG's sister SOG.

Maybe include SOG as another prize category or include SOG into the SCROG/Training category.

54 minutes ago, Moosed said:

@420SA

There is a prize category for SCROG (2.Best trained plant - grower that has put their training techniques to best practice), but no prize category for SCROG's sister SOG.

Maybe include SOG as another prize category or include SOG into the SCROG/Training category.

Sorry bud that won't work. Everyone needs to finish with one final plant.

• Like 2

Seed drop will be Saturday the 25th at 12PM

Germination deadline 10th of June 12PM

To those that have received their seeds and are taking part in the Indoor Growoff. Feel free to get your diaries going in the mean time with a pic of the seeds in their container as mentioned in the Growoff Diary Rules & Guidelines thread, which you need to please read!

We need proof that you have received the seeds :-thumbsup