• 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, Q9550 said:

Howsit,

Anyone into bass fishing in jhb?

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:20 PM, Q9550 said:

Howsit,

Anyone into bass fishing in jhb?

Hi Bro,

Ya big time into the fishing all kinds, also bass , got 1 nice spot in dowerglen area, in summer we are always there just follow the blunt scent and you will find us haha, got sum nice largies there biggest so far 2 kgs,

1 minute ago, 420SA said:

Nice @Roasty

Do you fly fish? What other species do you fish for?

Caught this beautiful piece of indigenous gold early last month (safely released). Can't wait to get back on the water once the lockdown is over...hopefully

20200305_094316e.thumb.jpg.4aae0cb940abfc445eef0bb301497b20.jpg

Wow beautiful, bar of gold, unfortunately of all kinds of fishing I do, fly is not one of them ... got a fly set up just gathering dust in the fishing room, I have caught many nice yellows only on bait though, i will fish any water fresh or salt , any tactic to catch some fishies, i have a huge arsenal of equipment for papgooi , match fishing ( feeder tip), specimen, bass , lures , Rock and surf .... it has been one of the biggest passions for me besides Mary Jane , in fact the 2 go hand in hand, my fishing sessions always include smoking a fat joint as the sun cracks the horizon, the peace, calmness and clarity is second to none for my soul:-rolled

• Agree 1

Wow many some nice carp there and big kurper too! Nice!

Maybe I can get some tips from you on carp angling. I like to throw a line or two in when spending the day at our local dams here with family. Do you use the honeycombs rigs as well? Meilie bomb on the honeycomb and a few meilies on suspended hooks?

Sure no probs:-greenthumb with regards to info, the honey cone thing you refer to is the mielie bomb holder, you get it either in plastic, coiled steel spring or plain lead, they all work well , the plain lead holder is better for stealth when the fish are skittish and caught often, rig wise I keep it simple slide mielie bomb holder onto mainline, tie swivel on end, add a lighter length of hooklink material tie on hook ( freshwater size; 2,1 or 0.8 is perfect for general carp, smaller is usually does the trick), keep it short 10-12cm hook trace length , so you can pin the bait to the mielie bomb once it has been made, hooks just use 1, less tangles and mess, bait wise like you said mieliepip ( Koo Tin) use the juice from tin to add to mieliebomb mix cast it out, put it on the stand, add bite indicator to line ( policeman) and wait, the carp will 90% of the time hook themselves and run with this rig, have caught hundred on carps like this.

I'll take that bait hahaha....

If theres water, there's fish and I'll give it a go. Used to live in George, near the Garden Route dam. Many peacefull days spent plying the waters and many carp.

But enjoy rock and surf and deepsea as well. Tiger fish at Josini on sard was an awesome experience, was a first for me and my eldest son.

Keen shore angler as well and don't mind shark and skate just for fun.

Nothing beats a good joint on a quiet beach as the sun rises over the ocean.

2020-04-23 15.36.29.jpg

2020-04-23 15.37.05.jpg

2020-04-23 15.37.30.jpg

2020-04-23 15.38.05.jpg

2020-04-23 15.38.36.jpg

2016-12-20 09.44.58.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

I'll take that bait hahaha....

If theres water, there's fish and I'll give it a go. Used to live in George, near the Garden Route dam. Many peacefull days spent plying the waters and many carp.

But enjoy rock and surf and deepsea as well. Tiger fish at Josini on sard was an awesome experience, was a first for me and my eldest son.

Keen shore angler as well and don't mind shark and skate just for fun.

Nothing beats a good joint on a quiet beach as the sun rises over the ocean.

2020-04-23 15.36.29.jpg

2020-04-23 15.37.05.jpg

2020-04-23 15.37.30.jpg

2020-04-23 15.38.05.jpg

2020-04-23 15.38.36.jpg

2016-12-20 09.44.58.jpg

Very Nice Man, I also spent a few years in George, was studing at NMMU at saasveld at the time, many fond memories fishing the area fav was wilderness lagoon, kynsna ( lol used to go visit the Rastas in Juddah Square hectic drive through the township but safe as soon as you step thru their gates lol, right in the middle of the township, used to get some quality indoor there, miss those days, Back in Joburg now, married and have a little one, cant wait to show him one day, in my opinion the most beautiful part of South Africa, very underated!

Finally got a bite on this thread lmao 🤣
Some nice catches there gents!!! I'm feeling so jealous now hahahah. I also enjoy most types of fishing, originally from the coast and we use to do a lot of ski fishing and R&S, i miss targeting those rays and sharks.

I found a few spots near me to fish but without company there's not much motivation lol and no one to share a blunt with!!! Mostly bass fishing and a bit of barbel. I would love to learn carp and fly fishing. Maybe after the lockdown we could meet up to throw a few baits and smoke a few blunts, whoever is interested?