HLG 65w LED lights enough for 60x60x150cm tent?

DC888

Hey guys

I am wanting to purchase some HLG 65w LED lights, will they be sufficient to grow in a 60x60x150cm tent? please advise, dont wana buy the light and then have to buy another one because its not strong enough. 

Thanks in advance! 

D

I'm not an expert myself but have been doing a lot of reading about HLG lights and other LEDs

The guys at Marigrowauna reckon the HLG65 is fine for 60 x 60 but looking at the manufacturers specs they say might be suitable for a 'small' plant.

Also it's veg coverage is 60 x 60 while it's flowering coverage is 60 x 30 . That means can only use half your already small 60 x 60 to flower

Reckon they get a lot of people buying the HGL 65 that realise after first grow they need to up the watts on their light and buy the bigger HLG 100 after that. Creating more business for themselves maybe

Hey man, 

Yes that will work. I have a Mars Hydro 90W, but only 45W with vegetative light on only. The only issue is surface area, the light hangs about 30-40cm above the canopy, so the light coverage area is not that wide. My solution was to add 50W led flood light.. got mine on a special for R200

_SAM7983.thumb.JPG.e0733163a95615e79c287d70434aa330.JPG

• Like 1

I have a friend who just started flower 6 days ago with an HLG65 in that space. The clone he grows I know very well and have never seen it with such big leaves so I'm very impressed. 

Another 9 weeks to go before we can really know how it does for flower. 

• Like 1

With the feedback I've had from customers, a good grow with LM561Cs or LM301Bs can yield gram per watt, even at 60W. 

It's strain dependent, but there's a pretty strong correlation between wattage and yield. 

So with QBs you can estimate your yield in dry grams for a good run, with the wattage.

Our minimum recommended wattage is 300W/sqm, (or 108W for 60x60). But it's just a guideline, for personal growing scrog-style (filling your area with canopy before switching). The 'pro's run 450W+/sqm. 

• Like 2