Even more yellow leaves

Mellow

Hey all, 
I know there's been a few cases already of people with yellowing leaves, particularly too early on into flowering.

So I wanted to try sort my situation out before it gets too bad if needed 

As of now, there's two big fan leaves that are yellowing and about three or so smaller leaves yellowing as well:

690396986_20190307_102746-Copy.thumb.jpg.bc58c26fd2c4e9e6f1c24ec20972c03b.jpg1014393212_20190307_102808-Copy.thumb.jpg.b73016a53472491c377347424e6452a1.jpg

I've also noticed that the centre of the leaves are a bit purple, not sure if that's trait of the strain (good old bagseed for my first grow)

2047158930_20190307_102817-Copy.thumb.jpg.e918eee7233c486e2dd867132d8d33ad.jpg

I've only been feeding with Seagro and molasses. Nothing specifically for bloom, could this be an issue? or does Seagrow have enough nutes to see me through?

Seagro's ingredients:
image.png.23aaa113a9580ea0bd7225aa13e420fa.png

I know yellowing indicates an N deficiency, but there's more N than anything else in Seagro.

Could this be normal yellowing, or does it look like a deficiency?
Appreciate any advice (or criticism)

2 minutes ago, Jimmy-z said:

It's normal. Old leaves turn yellow & drop off, moreso when flowering starts. As long as the rest of the plant looks healthy, then u have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I can confirm this... by week 8 flowering more as half of my leaves have fallen off.

Would love for this to be normal yellowing, but it seems to have spread quite a bit, and I'm only about 4 weeks into flowering. Here's some more images to show the spread of the yellowing.
1390078709_20190311_111601-Copy.thumb.jpg.ca64a3e77ef4d50753cf0586ee8273a0.jpg224321305_20190311_111546-Copy.thumb.jpg.c1e92708b3a8bf368f890ba3248d86cc.jpg1168743136_20190311_111519-Copy.thumb.jpg.e625103c927fa07790357fb3767f4b87.jpg

Still nothing wrong, it's completely normal... the only large leaves you'll be left with at harvest, is the fan leaves on the colas. Almost all the other leaves will yellow & fall off before then.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy-z said:

Still nothing wrong, it's completely normal... the only large leaves you'll be left with at harvest, is the fan leaves on the colas. Almost all the other leaves will yellow & fall off before then.

Maybe to be on the safe side.. flush your medium properly and add fresh nutrients. When my leaves fall off they are NOT yellow. see below pics

btw nice bushy girls man!

_SAM7984.thumb.JPG.68439c69cfde6c73ae31fc08636a26d7.JPGRight is week 6 flowering & left is week 1 flowering

_SAM7985.thumb.JPG.2851a482fe25485b60baf827825ac601.JPGMy leaves kinda turn dull dry out and fall off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Dont flush your soil.... I am pretty sure it's a simple case of under watering and the medium getting to hot . That's a big plant for a smallish fabric pot so will be sucking up the water and in the hot African sun more than likely the roots are overheating as well

I'm wondering whether heat was my issue too in retrospect. I had very similar symptoms to you Mellow. My plant has since made a remarkable recovery and all I did was make a small tweak to my feeding schedule. I did however go from a couple of weeks of very hot weather to a week of cooler weather and rain.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies everyone,  been unable to reply until today, but managed to take in your guy's advice. I always had the gut feeling that the leaves falling off was too soon to be natural. I think I was letting the medium dry out a bit (probably a bit too much). So I'm increasing  my watering / feeding schedule. I probably wasn't watering often enough causing it to dry out a bit too much. I'm not 100% sure how hot those pots get, I didn't actually consider that with them being fabric pots , thought at least it's cooler than plastic. The weather was a bit hotter here, so I understand your diagnosis and what to look out for in the future

With regards to the size of the pot, I definitely think a bigger one would've suited the size of the plant, didn't intend for it to get to this size and when I realised a bigger pot would've been more beneficial it was too late to transplant (I think).

This is my first grow ever, so using it as a learning experience. Unfortunately three of my plants ended up being male with 2 of them being the plants I practised either topping or LST on. Still got the experience though and that's what counts for future grows (which I will most probably invest in buying fem seeds instead of using bagseed).