First time autoflower grow

CG420za

Awe guys. Happy Tuesday.

So as you can see from the title, that's what's going down soon. My question to everyone is; auto flowering plants, should I go into the final pot (20L FF fabric) first time? Personally I feel the root ball won't be reg considering it'll only veg for around 4 weeks. I'm thinking of potting up once. Just so I can have an established rootball. What are your thoughts? There's so many posts online saying final pot... What I've learnt here is that if you don't pot up, you over water and catch on all other sorts of kak.

I'm popping my beans into water this evening, y'all have 24 hours! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by CG420za
typos
  • Like 1

Howsit man,

I've grown a few autos before and just got some new auto seeds. Going to start my grow soon. I recommend starting in the final pot because autos are quite fragile and even minimal root damage will set you back a few days of growth and with autos you need to get them as big as possible as quick as possible before flower. For watering I recommend during seedling stages you water directly at the base of the stem. I've also used another trick I picked up on another forum. Plant the seed in a solo cup with the bottom of the cup cut off take that cup and bury it about half way into your final pot. During seedling stages you water like you normally would water a seedling in a solo cup. As soon as the plant passes the seedling stage and is ready for more water and nutes you water outside of the solo cup. 

Will try and find a pic and upload it, it might make more sense as I'm quite stoned on some blue cookies right now lol

• Like 2

Howsit man,
I've grown a few autos before and just got some new auto seeds. Going to start my grow soon. I recommend starting in the final pot because autos are quite fragile and even minimal root damage will set you back a few days of growth and with autos you need to get them as big as possible as quick as possible before flower. For watering I recommend during seedling stages you water directly at the base of the stem. I've also used another trick I picked up on another forum. Plant the seed in a solo cup with the bottom of the cup cut off take that cup and bury it about half way into your final pot. During seedling stages you water like you normally would water a seedling in a solo cup. As soon as the plant passes the seedling stage and is ready for more water and nutes you water outside of the solo cup. 
Will try and find a pic and upload it, it might make more sense as I'm quite stoned on some blue cookies right now lol
Thanks for the tip. Will try it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Good evening guys.. Auto flowers what a topic,it's simple and very tricky at the same time.. I've had my ups and downs I am about to harvest my og kush autos 2 they look great, 1 had stunted growth so I topped it hield isn't that big none the less if it smokes good I'm good lol.. I ordered 7 seeds 2 weeks back 2 prep so long only 3 germinated sad sad days.. 

Good evening guys.. Auto flowers what a topic,it's simple and very tricky at the same time.. I've had my ups and downs I am about to harvest my og kush autos 2 they look great, 1 had stunted growth so I topped it hield isn't that big none the less if it smokes good I'm good lol.. I ordered 7 seeds 2 weeks back 2 prep so long only 3 germinated sad sad days.. 
How are you germinating your seeds? I put mine in water for 24 hours. Then in paper towel for up to 3 days. Then when the root is about 1cm long I either place it in a jiffy or just berry the root in the grow medium. Almost always get it growing. 95% success rate.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awe guys, shot for the replies. Some great advice here, thank you! I'll definitely try the cup method! Thanks for the pic @Q9550

I dropped my seeds in water last night, this evening the roots were breaking out so I popped them into jiffy's. That's how I usually do my seeds. Lets see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Sir, they are all from Fastbuds. I like that I don't have to change the light cycle. But I probably won't grow an auto again. I like to mess with my plants. All I've been doing with these is tucking fan leaves.

Left to right, CBD Crack, Zkittlez and Gorilla Glue.

1 hour ago, CG420za said:

Update, Day 26 from seed (lastnight)

20190403_213444.jpg

These look good, though there are definitely some nodes getting blocked by the large fan leaves. Leaf tucking is in my opinion the most important technique when growing autos.I tuck my fan leaves every day, sometimes twice a day to open up the inner nodes. It definitely brings the canopy to a bit more of an even height and increases yields. A bit of defoliation (2 or 3 leaves a day for a week or two in the early to mid stages of flowering has also been very successful in my auto runs)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

What is what here, and which is your fav thus far?

Great looking plants!

Thanks Bruv, left to right, CBD Crack, Zkittlez and Gorilla Glue. I'm liking the CBD crack the most, the structure is great. The GG is the runt of the lot, like a day or two behind the other two ladies.

Thanks @Stoukie , they only shot out around day 20 hey. Been growing like 2cm a day, if not more. The pic I posted now was taken on 25/03 so you can see the difference

20190325_222344.jpg

• Like 1

Shot [mention=1162]Pat999[/mention]. Conditions are perfect. Only thing I need is another fan and I'm golden. They need to "move" more.
For sure I let my girls dance. I actually need to put my box fan I bought for moving air in the bottom of my flowering tent in but need to make a small extention up. How are you finding the fabric pots? My friend just grew a gorgeous Master Kush in a 20L outdoor and it has thick colas. I'm making the switch to fabric pots atm and bought 14 of the 5L velcro pots for the veg girls. Will be doing 8 plants in 20Ls

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Pat999 said:

For sure I let my girls dance. I actually need to put my box fan I bought for moving air in the bottom of my flowering tent in but need to make a small extention up. How are you finding the fabric pots? My friend just grew a gorgeous Master Kush in a 20L outdoor and it has thick colas. I'm making the switch to fabric pots atm and bought 14 of the 5L velcro pots for the veg girls. Will be doing 8 plants in 20Ls

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Fabric pots are the shit man. I've been using them since my 2nd grow and never looked back. The work exceptionally well with coco/perlite. If you can use eyelets in the top of the bag it would work kwaai. I've use safety pins before but it's not great.

Soil, works great too, but because it drains alot slower, you have to water in stages or it runs out the sides of the bag. Saucers/trays area must hey. I water these ones every 5 days.

The velcro is gonna make your life super easy hey.

• Like 2