Strains for energy?

SpicedGold

I have tried Jack Herer and Trainwreck for a good upper day smoke.  The Jack Herer seems to be one of the best Sativa's I have smoked in a while. The high was clear and uplifting that made me want to go and work. The Trainwreck was also really good but I prefer the high from the Jack Herer.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a good day time smoke that wont make you miff or tired.  I have also heard Chocolope is good but have not tired that strain yet.

• Like 1

Green Crack, blue dream, Durban Poison sour diesel any of the hazes. Green Crack is my favourite at the moment. My Jack is still curing. Will try it again next week or so. Was not that great after one week of curing. But they do get better with curing.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Green Crack, blue dream, Durban Poison sour diesel any of the hazes. Green Crack is my favourite at the moment. My Jack is still curing. Will try it again next week or so. Was not that great after one week of curing. But they do get better with curing.

Been reading a lot about this green crack... Seems its the universe telling me something

Not from here or there
Not from now or then

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Great thanks! I have actually had Green Crack before but only a little bit. Awesome with your Jack! You must be so keen to try it! I will have a look into those other strains. Need to get my next batch of seedlings up and growing as I will be putting my girl into flower in about 2 weeks time.

• Like 1

Great thanks! I have actually had Green Crack before but only a little bit. Awesome with your Jack! You must be so keen to try it! I will have a look into those other strains. Need to get my next batch of seedlings up and growing as I will be putting my girl into flower in about 2 weeks time.

The Jack was really good. I can see why people love the strain.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, dbnsurfer said:

for me personally i loved lemon sour diesel, that or OG Durban Poison if you can find it.

Awesome thanks Dude.  Ya OG Durban Poison is like hens teeth these days. I'm keen to try Lemon sour diesel.  Need to stock up cause 1st September is coming!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I must add to this conversation that if it's energy I need I wouldn't look to weed 😅 I understand that we wana smoke all day and would just prefer not getting knocked down everytime we smoke, so here's how I see this cannabis that gives energy thing,

I am not sure if it's placebo or perhaps aromatherapy has a bigger impact on me than the smoking of, but terpenes can trick my mind into "thinking" I am smoking a sativa. If a limonene terp is present I feel lifted, same way citrus smell will have positive effect on your mental state. any terp typically associated with sativa gives me an uplift feeling.

I just cut my Sour Lemon OG, genetic from the Emerald Triangle....... 🤤 I shit you not as I was moving the plant from grow to hang I got a fucking citrus sting in my nose and my eyes teared up. Already feeling uplifted and energized in advance, don't even need to smoke it!!!

Buddy of mine grew a close to pure sativa thai strain, was a real long legged octopus shaped plant that grew all the way up past his HID 🤣 was the only plant I ever smoked that gave me energy that was noticable. I would still be high when the "energy" faded, like they say "anything that goes up must come down".

If I smoke heavy indica that's known to not give energy I can actually feel couch lock happening and my body becomes heavy and I feel highly motivated to sleep, but then again this could also be placebo, because of the general consensus around the words "indica" and "sativa". 

• Like 2

added to that, unless you working with a pure to the core landrace strain that has never been crossed since its discovery (which is highly unlikely) out of a certain strain which will definitly be a hybrid you'll get an array of different phenos all with different indica/sativa leaning profiles. 

saying a certain strain gives you energy is a bit vague... 

once tested you could possibly say that a certain pheno of a certain strain with certain traits gives you energy, but you could quite literally get a super indica hybrid strain and you grow it out and the pheno you got is more sativa leaning. 

now you've told someone that strain gives you energy, they get seeds and end up with a indica leaning pheno... this happens all the time and someone ends up with buds they're too pleased with cause they didn't get what their buddies promised them.

The effects from cannabis, particularly being uplifted or couch locked... I haven't really noticed that much of a difference between strains.
When you harvest seems to play a bigger role. The method one consumes it as also makes a difference, I find the high is more uplifting when taking a dab, not as couch locked compared to vape or combustion.

Having something like a red bull or monster also helps take the couch lock away and makes it more neutral in terms of the way the high affects energy levels.

I have smoked some bud and it's knocked me out, made me super sleepy and tired.
The next day or a few days later smoke it again and its not all that heavy and doesn't make me nearly as sleepy...
So the way you're feeling certainly plays a role as well (set and setting). It's not a strong stimulant which will give you energy no matter what.
Obviously smoking less and not getting as high can also make a big difference in terms of energy levels and if you vape the temps you vape at etc.

I have found that weed for energy is just not something to rely on, too finicky and more often than not doesn't give me energy. Just lazy and chilled, sometimes a bit sleepy. Regardless of the strain, I even grew a Ghost Train Haze which is a strong sativa which flowered for around 15 weeks and probably could have gone a little longer... Waste of flower time as far as I'm concerned. The terps were great and unique, difference between that and a heavy indica for me was little to none.

Everyone's chemistry is different too though. So while I'm saying all of this, for you it could be very different. Although I do find it hard to imagine how it would be all that much different.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

the very first plant i grew, complete bag seed... but it would have changed the world if i took cuttings

i enjoy weed to take the edge of traffic and stupid people in cars... and 99% of all the weed i have smoked chills me out and i can relax and not get pissed off with the 77th taxi cutting in the traffic.

anyways, this first plant i grew, was next level Sativa, it was so intense it did the opposite to my road chills... it made me wanna drive fast, made me wanna get home and do all my chores, finish them, look for more work, not find any, then go visit your neighbor to help them with their chores LOL it gave me energy like 10 redbulls.

to date, i have never smoked anything like it, and never felt those intense creative and energetic feels again from any weed.

so i definitely believe that there are strains out there that could be considered illicit substances LOL, but also believe strains react differently to each smoker and effects may vary a lot.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CreX said:

the very first plant i grew, complete bag seed... but it would have changed the world if i took cuttings

i enjoy weed to take the edge of traffic and stupid people in cars... and 99% of all the weed i have smoked chills me out and i can relax and not get pissed off with the 77th taxi cutting in the traffic.

anyways, this first plant i grew, was next level Sativa, it was so intense it did the opposite to my road chills... it made me wanna drive fast, made me wanna get home and do all my chores, finish them, look for more work, not find any, then go visit your neighbor to help them with their chores LOL it gave me energy like 10 redbulls.

to date, i have never smoked anything like it, and never felt those intense creative and energetic feels again from any weed.

so i definitely believe that there are strains out there that could be considered illicit substances LOL, but also believe strains react differently to each smoker and effects may vary a lot.

I WANT SOME OF THAT STUFF 😃😁 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, SpicedGold said:

I have tried Jack Herer and Trainwreck for a good upper day smoke.  The Jack Herer seems to be one of the best Sativa's I have smoked in a while. The high was clear and uplifting that made me want to go and work. The Trainwreck was also really good but I prefer the high from the Jack Herer.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a good day time smoke that wont make you miff or tired.  I have also heard Chocolope is good but have not tired that strain yet.

Awesome topic @SpicedGold, thanks for starting it! 

I'm on a similar mission hahaha. Had a crazy good upper experience with a random strain that basically grew on its own outside - Some of my plants hermied at the time, self pollinated and gifted me a couple of fems outdoor. 

It was imho a proper uplifting clear high. But like @PsyCLown said , could very well be when i harvested (wasn't paying much attention at the time) or like @Naughty.Psychonaut mentioned the luck of the pheno I got. 

Since, I've bought into the hype of the effect possibly being Sativa dominant strain and got some "high" sativa hybrids going. Green Crack, Blue Dream (garden of green) and Lemon AK (fastbuds 420). 

Can't share the experience yet, but will do over the next 3-7 weeks. 

FYI - You got me tempted to get that freaking Jack Herer now, thanks allot 😂😂