Newcomer here

SpicedGold

Hi everyone,

I decided to join this forum for advise with my indoor growing.  I have been growing outdoors since I was around 17 yrs old. I was guided by a old school veteran grower.  Never bought seeds and used to get from friends and just bag seed. Been smoking since 16yrs and have not stopped since.  I do not see it as drugs but a medicine for my anger issues I seem to get every now and again.

My Father was a avid smoker and used to use the oil when he was diagnosed with cancer.  I'm happy and proud to say that because of the oil it gave him almost 3 more years as opposed to the 4 months he was given to live.

I have decided to start growing indoors due to the area I live in.  I literally live on top of a mountain and its very damp here and misty almost daily coupled with extreme humidity. My last outdoor grow is suffering yellow leaf spot during her flowering now. Peroxide is not working work and neem is not an option so far into flower. She is pulling through but 90% of her leaves have it with slowed growth and not the greatest buds for her age. My other outdoor issue that is driving me F#@cking mad is that my lovely neighbour is growing males and is refusing to pull them out cause they make tea out of it and use the blady open pollen sacks!!! After have a lovely feminized Granddaddy Purple and bag seed getting ruined I started my indoor venture.  Bag seed threw a few sacks that I have pulled off as there were only about 4 bunches of them and she is huge. My husband and I are checking her daily to see if there are more pollen sacks. If she gets too bad she will be pulled, but for now she is looking fine.  The Granddaddy has been fertilized too now as I can see the seeds but lucky no pollen sacks.  Oh well you win some you lose some.

First grow was bag seed to test my knowledge and she turned out fine. My next grow is a Hulkberry all doing very well until my transplant yesterday afternoon.  Thank to the advise on here I think it was transplant shock.  

At the moment I have a laughing Buddha Seedling and my 1 month old Hulkberry.

7 hours ago, Hydrochronic said:

Welcome. Just remember google is a friend

I never actually ask for help or advise unless I cannot find it on Google. Hence how I have come so far.  Well had help from friends too. 

There are still certain things you cannot find on Google. Maybe I should have just stuck with researching it myself.  Also GoduckGo is much better than Google. Less filtered results.

Welcome, saw a similar post on FBook yesterday. Plant are shocked when transplanted. They need 3-4 days to settle in their new home and some yellowing of the bottom leaves may occur. They normally resume growing after this settling in period. Good luck with the indoor grow. Organic I presume?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

Welcome, saw a similar post on FBook yesterday. Plant are shocked when transplanted. They need 3-4 days to settle in their new home and some yellowing of the bottom leaves may occur. They normally resume growing after this settling in period. Good luck with the indoor grow. Organic I presume?

Thanks I really appreciate it. I did google it but the results that came up seemed so similar to a deficiency so I was not too sure and was worried as I am not an experienced indoor grower yet.  I don’t ask for help or advise on Facebook anymore due to the toxic people on there that criticize more than what they help.

I will leave her for a few days to settle in. She seemed to be doing fine this morning. Her bottom leaves have stopped going more yellow and she is more perky today.

• Like 1

Thanks I really appreciate it. I did google it but the results that came up seemed so similar to a deficiency so I was not too sure and was worried as I am not an experienced indoor grower yet.  I don’t ask for help or advise on Facebook anymore due to the toxic people on there that criticize more than what they help.
I will leave her for a few days to settle in. She seemed to be doing fine this morning. Her bottom leaves have stopped going more yellow and she is more perky today.
Facebook is definately not the right place to ask for help. I have myself unfollowed numerous of these groups. People here won't judge just give opinions. Most of the guys here have probably gone through the same issues you are going through. Anyway enjoy your time here. If I may mention it grow lights are a touchy subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hydrochronic said:

Welcome. Just remember google is a friend

google is the enemy not a friend please do not use google or the google dns and move away from the chromium browser rather use firefox or brave use 1.1.1.1 as dns and duckduckgo as search engine

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Facebook is definately not the right place to ask for help. I have myself unfollowed numerous of these groups. People here won't judge just give opinions. Most of the guys here have probably gone through the same issues you are going through. Anyway enjoy your time here. If I may mention it grow lights are a touchy subject.

Thank you.  :-thumbsup

5 minutes ago, Gnome said:

google is the enemy not a friend please do not use google or the google dns and move away from the chromium browser rather use firefox or brave use 1.1.1.1 as dns and duckduckgo as search engine

Much safer to do that! It's crazy how we are being tracked. I can even get your Geo Tag location from posted pictures online.  Also keep your location settings off when taking pictures of your crops.

21 minutes ago, SpicedGold said:

Much safer to do that! It's crazy how we are being tracked. I can even get your Geo Tag location from posted pictures online.  Also keep your location settings off when taking pictures of your crops.

You claiming to get the geo tag information from a picture posted online without the actual information embedded in the image? 

11 minutes ago, greenkush said:

You claiming to get the geo tag information from a picture posted online without the actual information embedded in the image? 

Only if the exif data is still embedded. Some phones and camera store the GPS data. There is software that taps into the metadata and plots the location on a map.

30 minutes ago, SpicedGold said:

Only if the exif data is still embedded. Some phones and camera store the GPS data. There is software that taps into the metadata and plots the location on a map.

Yes, I've done my fair share of security analysis throughout my career and data forensic investigations. I was just confirming you were referring to the exif data 🙂

2 hours ago, greenkush said:

Yes, I've done my fair share of security analysis throughout my career and data forensic investigations. I was just confirming you were referring to the exif data 🙂

Cool lol. I'm no pro with stuff like that but a friend of mine showed me and explained it too me. Quite scary actually.