Observations of outdoor flowering.

SkunkPharm

Hello All
Correct me if I am wrong. This is my experience with outdoor flowering in Cape Town.
From the posts in the forum I see that plants from people in Cape Town are only starting to flower now. My plants are starting to finish already. What I did?
Veg 18/6 inside for about 3weeks. Then transplant into soil in fabric pots halfway through Desember. The plants were in flower second week in Jan.
Have anyone experienced this before? Or is this just the strain?
Green Crack in the 1st and second pic and DP in the second. Durban Poison and Jack Herer is about 2 weeks behind.
530df8e0a50712d8b6bfa45e5ef6eaa1.jpg1937fabc7e8cd0f375e09841d48b9ecf.jpg2a669443351f1dcaae7e27b9eb6bb08c.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Any plant from seed or clone will start to flower immediately outdoors if it has been under 18/6 light.

You might find if you did the same thing and put your plants out in October that they would start to flower and some, will then reveg as it is early enough in the season.

Normal outdoor flowering times at the latitude we are in SA, February is the start of preflowering, and from March its peak flowering and the time you can start counting down days to harvest. Too many people count preflowering as part if the flowering time. Thats wrong. You start counting from day 21 as day 1 only.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1

Any plant from seed or clone will start to flower immediately outdoors if it has been under 18/6 light.
You might find if you did the same thing and put your plants out in October that they would start to flower and some, will then reveg as it is early enough in the season.
Normal outdoor flowering times at the latitude we are in SA, February is the start of preflowering, and from March its peak flowering and the time you can start counting down days to harvest. Too many people count preflowering as part if the flowering time. Thats wrong. You start counting from day 21 as day 1 only.
So, if I understand correctly, if I veg indoors it is possible to get 2 outdoor harvests one end of Feb/March and one end of April/May. That is if I time it correctly?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1