Cannapax

trichomechaser

31 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Lol I love the pensioners discount on Tuesdays 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My bru, its so the old folk can get their stone on at the pensioners tuesdays at ster kinekor. :-hilarious

But yeah I feel a strong spanish and american influence in how these guys have decided to operate.

South Africa is really unique in our CannaCulture and I see more dutch influence in actuality than any other. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a run in with Russell and without wanting to expose myself too much, from my perspective he is nothing but a shady majat dealer. He has no real knowledge of the plant and is actually very misinformed. His store in Brits is filled to the ceiling with aweful grade weed and is 40 degrees and humid in there, a mildew and fungus paradise. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Morning, interesting read this thread.

I've met Bobby and attended one of his talks. He's just a normal guy that believes in this plant and all its different uses. He's out there doing his thing and it seems to be working. He's pushing for registration with the Cannabis development Council of SA. Government doesn't know effall about the cannabis industry and they don't really want to. All they care about is money/taxes.
The industry must get to the point where it can self regulate and control, but who is going to do it???
We have to...the growers/buyers/smokers.. the knowlegable people(us) that can spot these shady characters from a mile away. Who better to distinguish between good quality homegrown herb and the rubbish majat these other dodgy mofo's are trying to sell.
I'd rather join the CDCSA and have a say in how this is going to pan out, than sneak around like a skelm looking over my shoulder the whole time.
In this ''window'' of opportuinity the regulations for this new industry must be defined and written.
Otherwise cannabis is going to remain underground.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Morning, interesting read this thread.

I've met Bobby and attended one of his talks. He's just a normal guy that believes in this plant and all its different uses. He's out there doing his thing and it seems to be working. He's pushing for registration with the Cannabis development Council of SA. Government doesn't know effall about the cannabis industry and they don't really want to. All they care about is money/taxes.
The industry must get to the point where it can self regulate and control, but who is going to do it???
We have to...the growers/buyers/smokers.. the knowlegable people(us) that can spot these shady characters from a mile away. Who better to distinguish between good quality homegrown herb and the rubbish majat these other dodgy mofo's are trying to sell.
I'd rather join the CDCSA and have a say in how this is going to pan out, than sneak around like a skelm looking over my shoulder the whole time.
In this ''window'' of opportuinity the regulations for this new industry must be defined and written.
Otherwise cannabis is going to remain underground.

The problem is that the cdcsa is pushing for lisences that will excuse most of us. I am following what fieldsofgreenforall.org.za is doing. The model is an all inclusive model.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
i went to one in pta prices are meh from 20 to 200 a g
but the black market is still cheaper
Yeah it depends what you're prepared to spend. Isn't that why we're growing our own- with a little bit of effort you can smoke top class bud at a fraction of the price. And we know exactly where it comes from and what is in it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@trichomechaser Canapax or Cannapax or CanaPA as I've heard people call it due to it's difficult to read logo design creativity, just opened a branch in BLOEMFONTEIN.  It's an empty room with a few small jars with a few hard, dark buds in them, some dodgy looking brownies, and about 5 or 6 plants just chilling on the floor no lights looking sad AF.  They sell their plants at R75 each.  Dry herb from R35 to about R100 per gram. I asked where they source their dry herb from, they said they had 300 legal growers at their supply end.  They will sell you dry bud without any health consultation.  As someone who knows traditional healers who have worked tirelessly and at their own expense to stay legitimate and operate within the law, it's quite disturbing to see these dodgy fly by nights exploiting a grey area in the act.  I hope the community in Bloemfontein sees this scam for what it is and don't assume that this is the "standard".  The guy who owns the shop even said to me they "don't sell indoor" because it's "not organic enough and has too many chemicals", which says it all I think.   The messed up thing is there are actually people in the community who are incredibly knowledgeable and use traditional medicine responsibly but still do not sell or profit from it, then this place pops up like a sore pimple.  It looks to be something between a franchise, a fly by night pop up store with some pyramid scheme vibes sprinkled on top.

• 2 weeks later...

So a canapax opened in my town and they are not crazy with prices 

But I have to say I can't believe that they have a woman who did a traditional healer course and she can give you a "prescription" a bunch of bullshit 

And the owner said that he spent 50000 to get the "paperwork" 

IMG-20190627-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190627-WA0005.jpg

• Like 1