Sign in to follow this  
Mellow

Male / Hermie Advice

Question

Hey Guys, 

I'm like 99.9% sure this is a male, but due to it being my fist grow, thought I'd first check with people with more experience under their belt.

1355634422_20190131_065328-Copy.thumb.jpg.f86fbfdfd4d09f8c64ca57036e887905.jpg1133321949_20190131_065341-Copy.thumb.jpg.61018f1f63ad512f5381c925d61d134b.jpg

So I know that the best thing to do (for everyone's sake) is to chop this guy. Obviously not a great feeling - fully understand why people buy feminised seeds now. haha
Do I chop it now or wait a bit?

A thought that crossed my mind though, is what is the consensus regarding hermies? And how does one identify a hermie?
Is it okay to keep hermies? 
Will hermies always initially identify themselves as female, and whip out the balls later? Or could my plant possibly be a hermie?

Just looking to understand the plant a bit more.
I'm growing outdoors from bag seed  and I do have 3 other plants, with one I'm certain being a female and the other two not fully showing yet. (so won't be extremely heartbroken chopping this guy if I have to)

Thanks in advance for any information shared :-thumbsup

5 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Mellow said:

Hey Guys, 

I'm like 99.9% sure this is a male, but due to it being my fist grow, thought I'd first check with people with more experience under their belt.

1355634422_20190131_065328-Copy.thumb.jpg.f86fbfdfd4d09f8c64ca57036e887905.jpg1133321949_20190131_065341-Copy.thumb.jpg.61018f1f63ad512f5381c925d61d134b.jpg

So I know that the best thing to do (for everyone's sake) is to chop this guy. Obviously not a great feeling - fully understand why people buy feminised seeds now. haha
Do I chop it now or wait a bit?

A thought that crossed my mind though, is what is the consensus regarding hermies? And how does one identify a hermie?
Is it okay to keep hermies? 
Will hermies always initially identify themselves as female, and whip out the balls later? Or could my plant possibly be a hermie?

Just looking to understand the plant a bit more.
I'm growing outdoors from bag seed  and I do have 3 other plants, with one I'm certain being a female and the other two not fully showing yet. (so won't be extremely heartbroken chopping this guy if I have to)

Thanks in advance for any information shared :-thumbsup

Sup Mellow,
Id just pull it now if I was you.

Edited by Reaper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sup man. Not worth keeping because if you have fems you don't want to accidentally pollinate them. Sad feeling but chop it unless you're wanting to breed with it

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sup Mellow,
Sorry to confirm.. But its a Male. Id just pull it now if I was you.
What he said^

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks guys, 
Figured as much.

Still interested to learn more about hermies.
Even though I got a male in the bunch, I still learnt from growing it to this stage - which is great, so won't be pulling it with any regrets.

• Like 1

If ya have some neighbors that grow and you are not too fond of, plant it near their house just make sure they cant see it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1